First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
No one should be disappointed. You’re getting a brand new Jeep which is awesome. But to me it’s just not as exciting as I thought it might be.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I don't get some of the hate for this package? Don't like it? Don't buy it. What's wrong with a turn-key package like the XR? It's great value for what you get and backed by a factory warranty. I might not order the XR but appreciate the option for anyone who does want it. It's great to have choices from the factory.

Last edited:

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It may be great I just wish we knew what we were getting. As others have stated yes if added after the fact (own a stock rubi and add/buy later) this is a great value, but coming from the factory it has different parts that probably have similar cost and you only get a couple added parts for 4k. Good marketing.

Sponsored

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
It may be great I just wish we knew what we were getting. As others have stated yes if added after the fact (own a stock rubi and add/buy later) this is a great value, but coming from the factory it has different parts that probably have similar cost and you only get a couple added parts for 4k. Good marketing.
It's well documented what you get with the package, some people have questions about the lift but that's it. If you were to try and get all this stuff aftermarket it would cost $6k+ and not have warranty. In fact, the dealer would likely try to void your warranty. Some of the parts would be so expensive no one would bother with it, ie the beefed up axles and knuckles.

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's well documented what you get with the package, some people have questions about the lift but that's it. If you were to try and get all this stuff aftermarket it would cost $6k+ and not have warranty. In fact, the dealer would likely try to void your warranty. Some of the parts would be so expensive no one would bother with it, ie the beefed up axles and knuckles.
Absolutely if you buy later. The jeep has to come with wheels, tires, gears, springs, shocks, etc. fender flares and a reinforced hinge plate does not cost 4k.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Absolutely if you buy later. The jeep has to come with wheels, tires, gears, springs, shocks, etc. fender flares and a reinforced hinge plate does not cost 4k.
Not sure what your point is TBH. It has been this way since the beginning of time. Auto makers don’t offer options and packages “at cost.”

Do you think the Alpine costs Jeep $1,300 more in parts? Or that LEDs cost $1,500 more than regular lights?

Sponsored

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Sorry but that's an old argument. You could say that about every part on the vehicle, that's not how pricing works.

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am not arguing anything just stating some facts lay off. I bought the XR like the rest here right and am still looking forward to it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can you be more specific in the failure mode, please? Is the CV failing and then spinning free on one side? Or is it braking and taking out the Cs/knuckle like when a U-joint fails? Or is the axle failing?

Also a Rubicon has a much stronger M210 axle. Have you seen any Rubicon CVs fail?
CV breaks internally and tears off boot which flaps around and tosses grease all over. It breaks at end of axle entering the CV so nothing metal to flap around and hurt anything.

The Moab certainly comes with a D44 axle. The Sahara I am not sure.
Sponsored