Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I bet they are using the longer jounce bumper tubes from the diesel. Thats why they look longer. In the Diesel they are about 1 1/2" longer than the ones in the 3.6. (I have measured both). I was checking that today on my diesel as it seems to run out of up-travel very quickly compared to my 3.6 and looks like much less space in the springs. The tubes are definitely longer.

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Patience... I've asked Scott to detail the changes. He promised he would.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics Screenshot_20210907-194658_Facebook
Did you ask on the no BS group, or the general JL group? he is in a few.

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Did you ask on the no BS group, or the general JL group? he is in a few.
DM ;)

He seemed to confirm spring was a Rubi spring, but that there were many.. (diesel, 392, v6 etc.)

But it's the other stuff included that also of interest.. plus details on spring setup etc.

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
DM ;)

He seemed to confirm spring was a Rubi spring, but that there were many.. (diesel, 392, v6 etc.)

But it's the other stuff included that also of interest.. plus details on spring setup etc.
I really like the wheels, can't wait to get a part number. I went back to look at my jounce tubes with the XR picture up and they look the same (XR maybe longer even). I think this will be a good setup to Run 35s, but without longer springs 37s won't work. I still feel its a good deal overall, but do understand why people who ordered expecting an actual lift may be upset.

Scott is a cool guy, he has answered a ton of questions for me.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I really like the wheels, can't wait to get a part number. I went back to look at my jounce tubes with the XR picture up and they look the same (XR maybe longer even). I think this will be a good setup to Run 35s, but without longer springs 37s won't work. I still feel its a good deal overall, but do understand why people who ordered expecting an actual lift may be upset.

Scott is a cool guy, he has answered a ton of questions for me.
So are you going to share?

mosa8084

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR
Just read this on MotorTrend. Does anyone know what they mean by "modified suspension geometry"

"While 392s with the Xtreme Recon package retain the unique frame mounting points and rear geometry of the 392 chassis, the 35-inch-equipped Rubicon receives modified suspension geometry that utilizes the Rubicon's existing frame attachment points and adds an optimized stabilizer bar for better ride and handling.

These changes give the Xtreme Recon package suspension a 1.8-inch advantage over the Wrangler Sport, 1.4 inches over the Sahara, and 1 inch over the standard Rubicon. This is all before you include the additional height from the tire size increase."

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not positive but willing to bet the turning radius is smaller with those booted joints.
Not sure about that, but I can tell you that all that Jeep hopping trying to negotiate obstacles off road are gone, and with front lockers engaged you are able to turn much better.

The CV boots are only a novelty in the US (Canada?). All export Rubicons to Europe, Asia, etc come standard with the CV axles. I'm sure in the future they will be the only ones offered.

P.S. I tell myself that Jeep chose the CV axles for the 392 because they can handle the torque/power better than the U-joint ones. May be fake, but makes me sleep better at night that I chose the 2.0 with CV joints :)

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not happy about the CV's. I've seen several of those fail on factory SelectTrack Sahara and MOAB's at the ORP. All it takes is a bit of slick rock with some tire spin and then finding traction and the CV eats itself. This is on stock vehicles.

Using those factory CV axles with 35's, gears and lift just means much more likely to have failures.
Can you be more specific in the failure mode, please? Is the CV failing and then spinning free on one side? Or is it braking and taking out the Cs/knuckle like when a U-joint fails? Or is the axle failing?

Also a Rubicon has a much stronger M210 axle. Have you seen any Rubicon CVs fail?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
  • Mopar lift: $2,000, installed
  • Five new wheels and 35-inch tires $3,000, minus $1,000 for your takeoff wheels and tires = $2,000
  • Re-gearing: $1,000
  • Fender flash: priceless!
Total ~ $5,000

Factory cost for XR = $4,000, minus any discount you might get off MSRP

Pros of XR:
  1. Less total cost
  2. Covered by warranty
  3. Counts towards resale
Pros of DIY:
  1. You get to choose any lift you want
  2. Looks like you get more lift from a Mopar lift than from that XR lift
  3. You get to choose any wheel and tire combination you want
  4. If you already own a Rubicon, chances are it will be cheaper to upgrade than to trade it in
Plus a few bucks for the heaver duty rear tire carrier. The XR package is a deal for anyone wanting/needing the equipment.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
392 gets everything except axle and brakes as they already have these. You forgot the awsome fender flares and hinge gate etc. I also understand the XR 392 suspension is not the same as the std 392 suspension.. Maybe minor changes, but there are some (According to Jeep HQ design dude over on FB)

AGB XTREME RECON 35" TIRE PACKAGE E E
• 110MPH VEHICLE MAX SPEED CALIBRATION (JJ3) ■ ■
• 17X8.0 BEADLOCK CAPABLE WHEEL (WFC) V6 ONLY
• 17X8.0 BRONZE BEADLOCK CAPABLE WHEEL (WF2) 392 ONLY
• 35" TIRE RUBICON 392 SUSPENSION (SDF)
• 35" TIRE SUSPENSION (SDG) v6 ONLY
• 4.56 REAR AXLE RATIO (DMU)
• ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC PERF BRAKES (BR4) 392 already has
• DANA M210 WIDE HD TUBE FRONT AXLE (DJV) 392 already has
• GVW RATING - 6100# (Z1M) - W/ERG - 392 already has
• LT315/70R17C 113/110S TIRES (TVC) ■ ■
• MOPAR HINGE-GATE REINFORCEMENT (XDB) ■ ■
• MOPAR JACK SPACER (CXK) ■ ■
• MOPAR TIRE RELOCATION KIT (XFP) ■ ■
• WHEEL FLARE EXTENSIONS (NLA)
For a non 392 that is quite a list of worthy upgrades for $4K. Even if I was doing 37" tires and an aftermarket lift, I'd still want the HD axle tubes, the 4.56s the bigger brakes, the spare tire stuff and the flare extensions (to make it legal).

For the 392, it makes less sense, but still ok. Just going from 3.73 to 4.56 is worth it.

I wish this was available when I bought mine in March.