Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you have the source code, you are just making assumptions about the transmission shift logic. We have no data to suggest that tire size is factored in.
If I had a stock Jeep with stock tire sizes, assumption could apply. As mentioned above, I've personally dealt with tire size changes twice and had exacting results on both occasions. So have countless others on this forum.

Explain to us how tire size and accurate speed has no affect on transmission performance.
Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Unless you have the source code, you are just making assumptions about the transmission shift logic. We have no data to suggest that tire size is factored in.
A tuner is the source code for getting the shift points parameters to match tire size. Gearing, rpm, tire size, weight and a whole bunch of things are factored in as well

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
If I had a stock Jeep with stock tire sizes, assumption could apply. As mentioned above, I've personally dealt with tire size changes twice and had exacting results on both occasions. So have countless others on this forum.

Explain to us how tire size and accurate speed has no affect on transmission performance.
The way you are approaching large tires is right. Albeit expensive. You look to be well aquatinted with what modifications you can "get away with" and still have a capable and reliable vehicle.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The way you are approaching large tires is right. Albeit expensive. You look to be well aquatinted with what modifications you can "get away with" and still have a capable and reliable vehicle.
Definitely not for the faint of heart, to go as far as I've gone. By the time I finish the last couple of pushes, the only factory parts will be the body/frame, engine, trans, axle housings, and carrier assemblies. It rides and handles much better than it did when it was bone stock. And I didn't have any complaints back then.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, buying Mopar parts is NO guarantee of any kind.

I had my local Jeep dealer latch onto the Mopar lift and the factory —yes, factory— steel bumpers on my JKUR Recon to avoid having to do warranty work.

A good dealer, more than buying Mopar parts, provides the greatest reassurance that your warranty will be honored.
Go over their heads. They are 100% wrong. They can suffer penalties from Jeep for that behavior.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Maybe this was said before but when I go to the Jeep build tool, take a base Rubi 4 door and just add the wheel for the XR package, the cost goes up by $7,200. Seems incredibly expensive considering (of course I don't have gears or the tailgate done) it cost me about $3,900 for: 35s, 17" rims, 2.5" lift and having everything installed, rear tire relocation bracket.

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Maybe this was said before but when I go to the Jeep build tool, take a base Rubi 4 door and just add the wheel for the XR package, the cost goes up by $7,200. Seems incredibly expensive considering (of course I don't have gears or the tailgate done) it cost me about $3,900 for: 35s, 17" rims, 2.5" lift and having everything installed, rear tire relocation bracket.
That’s due to the engine & trans options. It’s not an option on the manual trans.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
That’s due to the engine & trans options. It’s not an option on the manual trans.
Good point, did my exact build and the cost were about equal. Of course I got to pick rims I wanted a higher lift and more aggressive 35's with my build. So the Recon pkg seems worth it then.

Last edited:

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Chacalou

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I’m assuming your talking about the white jeep you quoted? If so, that is the XR package. The first one we’ve seen in the wild
Yes correct.
I’m assuming your talking about the white jeep you quoted? If so, that is the XR package. The first one we’ve seen in the wild
Yes correct. Wow that looks huge. Thank you. I really appreciate the kind people on that forum. Thank you jeepeto

millerb7

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Unfortunately, buying Mopar parts is NO guarantee of any kind.

I had my local Jeep dealer latch onto the Mopar lift and the factory —yes, factory— steel bumpers on my JKUR Recon to avoid having to do warranty work.

A good dealer, more than buying Mopar parts, provides the greatest reassurance that your warranty will be honored.
This is illegal. I’d contact Jeep and the AG office. That’s a bad dealer. Go elsewhere. Even if you install after market it’s literally illegal to void warranties unless they can prove that part caused the issue. Factory bumpers……. Yeah good luck with proving that.

I’d make yourself a bit more familiar with this FEDERAL act: Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Don’t just blindly accept what dealerships tell you. I’ve had to call Jeep corporate several times on dealers as well as file complaints with the attorney generals office. Showing them this paperwork normally freaks them our enough to play ball. If not, I’ve found Jeep themselves really goes to bat for the owner and not the dealership. They can get into a ton of trouble from Jeep for lying about warranty coverage.
Sponsored