Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Some of the responses in this thread just proves no matter what Jeep offered there would be no end of the whiny gashes complaining about something.
392? Dana 80’s Atlas II? 42” stickies? “Yeah but the wind noise drowns out the stereo when Brittany Spears is on”.
Fucking whiny bitches!

And you my friend have summed up the Internet and social media to the T. You get a hard earned golf 👏. You deserve it!

You forgot about people all being grammar teachers also on social media when they can’t find something to bitch at you about.

Good post man. I totally hear ya!
Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I want jeep to truly offer a beast for the woods or rocks. Like all or nothing, none of this tit for tat crap between competition (Broncos). So were talking no holds barred man...like 37" -40" tires and lift and gears and shocks and winch and bumpers and u get the idea....I even would like to see a order be truly what the individual wants, none of that bs about you need to get this to have that....nope sorry. I also want to see a budget jeep for poor folks/young adults under $25k new.....pipe dreams

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
There are a couple minor fails with grimmjeeper.com's calculator:

It needs to cap top possible speed at a reasonable level--there is no way our flat-faced, flat-windshield buggies are going to reach 200+ mph! The same with theoretical rpm at speeds--our engines would have blown up way before 15000+ rpm.

On the other hand, maybe limits should be ignored: As a very young Air Force brat I once asked a General how the F-104 Starfighter could fly with such stubby wings. His response: "Son, you put enough thrust behind a little red wagon, you can make it fly."

Hmmm, maybe we should think out side the box: Forget our 4-banger, our 3.6 6, our Hemi. Think jet engine thrust with turbine rpm pushing our Wranglers to 200-mph and beyond! Then grimmjeeper's numbers fit!

I wonder how much would Stellantis charge for the Wrangler Starfighter package?

;)

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
I'm not sold at all on the huge wheels and tires. After researching the Wrangler platform to death, I have concluded that the Rubicon 2 doorJL with the stock 33's with a 4.10 gear ratio is perfect for my purpose.

When you start to go with larger tires serious money is involved to get the drivetrain/steering/chassis to match up. I'm of the opinion that the "Recon Edition" is not much more than a lift and reinforced tailgate. I can see some reliability issues after the warranty runs out.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You maintain your factory warranty with Mopar parts, so even if you do it yourself, you can still have the warranty. Where you lose the warranty is in the areas of the axles affected by re-gearing to 4.56, which I did. No biggie. Everything else is still covered.

I've got a good dealership, anyway, who has never had an issue covering my JK, even though its lift is an AEV.
Unfortunately, buying Mopar parts is NO guarantee of any kind.

I had my local Jeep dealer latch onto the Mopar lift and the factory —yes, factory— steel bumpers on my JKUR Recon to avoid having to do warranty work.

A good dealer, more than buying Mopar parts, provides the greatest reassurance that your warranty will be honored.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sold at all on the huge wheels and tires. After researching the Wrangler platform to death, I have concluded that the Rubicon 2 doorJL with the stock 33's with a 4.10 gear ratio is perfect for my purpose.

When you start to go with larger tires serious money is involved to get the drivetrain/steering/chassis to match up. I'm of the opinion that the "Recon Edition" is not much more than a lift and reinforced tailgate. I can see some reliability issues after the warranty runs out.
Larger —and heavier— tires do deteriorate the vehicle’s ride, handling and braking characteristics.

But we are all collectively in denial about it. It’s a Jeep thing...

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
19252ECC-512B-4E1A-8DD0-755B04AFD06F.jpeg

this looks very similar to the bump stops on the eco diesel which have a tendency to bottom out easy. I don’t understand why they needed to lower the bump that much.

Sponsored

RayAllen

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Whenever I see an automobile manufacturer try to do something beyond the "norm" I always try to think of all the "restrictions", both legal and financial, that they must abide by. Having raced sportscars for many years I always thought how great it would be if the manufacturers went ahead and "finished" the job they started - what about race seats, and a roll cage, and harnesses, etc. But I realized that the manufacturer would be taking on incredible liabilities if they did such things. Perhaps the Xtreme Recon was "restricted by "rules" and "liabilities" as well. For instance, those cheesey looking fender extensions? - yes, there are many states (if not federal regulations) that REQUIRE those tires to be completely covered. And perhaps before Jeep wanted to invest thousands, if not millions, of dollars in fender redesign, they wanted to see exactly what the long term demand for the package would be. And something like the lift height, I myself was hoping for more......... but I realize that, for sure, if it got raised considerably higher that a "regular" Jeep, some knucklehead (no one on this forum, of course!) would roll it over and then proceed to sue Jeep for building a vehicle that was "obviously" too "high" to be "safe"........ as the vehicle was WAY higher than anything else Jeep built. Yes, it would be great to hear from Jeep itself, what "restrictions" they felt they had to abide by in their design. Just my thoughts - bash away !

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
Here is my 4cyl Rubi on 35s with a 392 suspension takeoff (bottom) for comparison. I call it The cheap XR package.

4685303D-C9F8-4409-93D7-40DCA78DDE4F.jpeg
what all did the 392 take offs include? Is it just shocks and springs or other stuff that’s different?

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
what all did the 392 take offs include? Is it just shocks and springs or other stuff that’s different?
Only shocks, springs and links are different. Control arms and track bars are the same. I installed the MOPAR 1/4” longer lower control arms and the angle at the pumpkin hole for measurements and I got 0° so that should be 6° of caster.

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
I don’t see how that’s possible. Here’s stock 4.10 gears and stock size tires vs 5.13’s and 37’s per GrimmJeepers gear calculator. With the 37’s and 5.13’s you should be turning a ton more RPM’s.

B7F4809C-8C50-4833-8585-1039A558661E.png

D985F92D-F657-40BA-8D48-DA584245A3E2.png
Like others have said those graphs aren't entirely accurate. I originally put 4.88 in but the JLU absolutely never saw 8th and was a total pig unless on a down hill grade. Installed 5.13 and at our altitude the tranny constantly hunts between 7th and 8th. Way better than 4.88 but definitely not perfect. If the pentastar had a decent torque curve it would be much better with a higher ratio IMO but it doesn't.