Sponsored

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
The bump stops look really long. Maybe it has short up travel but a lot of droop.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
They lost me with Jeep’s lack of gearing options. IMO 456’s are overkill for 392’s, low range sand running speed lowered and range anxiety raised due to likely hwy mpg decrease with the small 21 gallon tank.410’s would have been perfect for 35’s on a 392.(there may be some sour grapes in this since it was too late for me to add the option)

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The bump stops look really long. Maybe it has short up travel but a lot of droop.
Hummm....no. If it had much more droop the sway bar links would be longer otherwise they would invert. I'm betting same length rubi shocks. So bigger tires, but less articulation due to the longer bump stops.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Hummm....no. If it had much more droop the sway bar links would be longer otherwise they would invert. I'm betting same length rubi shocks. So bigger tires, but less articulation due to the longer bump stops.
That's Xremely disappointing if true. We'll have to wait to see in person reviews.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

ITT: the mall rated crowd complains about functional upgrades

Upgraded axles
Upgraded brakes
Better gearing
Factory beadlocks
Tailgate support
Spare tire relocation

If all you want is a mild lift and 35s it’s not for you. Go get an extreme vinyl wrap and let us have the peace of mind that comes with these upgrades.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
ITT: the mall rated crowd complains about functional upgrades

Upgraded axles
Upgraded brakes
Better gearing
Factory beadlocks
Tailgate support
Spare tire relocation

If all you want is a mild lift and 35s it’s not for you. Go get an extreme vinyl wrap and let us have the peace of mind that comes with these upgrades.
They’re actually not beadlocks.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Still, not factory beadlocks any more than mine are. What’s the deal with the brakes though?
Jeep did a terrible job announcing this package. Everyone seems to think it’s just lift and tires. It’s got upgraded brakes too, part of the package.

I should have said “beadlock capable”, but still a heck of a deal if you want beadlocks for you build anyway. I’ve got 37s, 3.5” lift and functional rings for the beadlocks. I’ll be happy to have all the extras in this package when running 37s. It saved me money and will be a better build when it’s done.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
They lost me with Jeep’s lack of gearing options. IMO 456’s are overkill for 392’s, low range sand running speed lowered and range anxiety raised due to likely hwy mpg decrease with the small 21 gallon tank.410’s would have been perfect for 35’s on a 392.(there may be some sour grapes in this since it was too late for me to add the option)
4.56s are perfect when you’re planning on running 37s on your 392 😎

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
  • Mopar lift: $2,000, installed
  • Five new wheels and 35-inch tires $3,000, minus $1,000 for your takeoff wheels and tires = $2,000
  • Re-gearing: $1,000
  • Fender flash: priceless!
Total ~ $5,000

Factory cost for XR = $4,000, minus any discount you might get off MSRP

Pros of XR:
  1. Less total cost
  2. Covered by warranty
  3. Counts towards resale
Pros of DIY:
  1. You get to choose any lift you want
  2. Looks like you get more lift from a Mopar lift than from that XR lift
  3. You get to choose any wheel and tire combination you want
  4. If you already own a Rubicon, chances are it will be cheaper to upgrade than to trade it in
Also you total is off by almost 2K! No way you get new Gears Installed for 1K that is on average a 2K job just like you counted the lift installed of 2K. Also you forgot the Mopar tailgate reinforcement which is $695 just for the parts. You didn’t account for the upgraded brakes or HD parts that were added. So your 5K total is light accounting for everything else since most could never do any of these installations themselves and would have to pay the dealer or a shop to install then conservatively your total should be $7K for parts and installation which makes the $3,995 a screaming deal!!!!! Plus you can’t really put a price on all of these parts are covered under warranty!!! Again 7K minimum is what it would cost atleast 90% of people wanting to convert and add all of these parts after the fact!!! Well done Jeep thank you!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Jeep did a terrible job announcing this package. Everyone seems to think it’s just lift and tires. It’s got upgraded brakes too, part of the package.

I should have said “beadlock capable”, but still a heck of a deal if you want beadlocks for you build anyway. I’ve got 37s, 3.5” lift and functional rings for the beadlocks. I’ll be happy to have all the extras in this package when running 37s. It saved me money and will be a better build when it’s done.
If you’re replacing the suspsension, the tires, and remounting the wheels with the beadlock rings, where are you getting the 4000 dollar value here?

The wheels cost me 1700 for 5. Tires are 1300 for 5. I’m not sure the lift on the XR is worth more than 1000 on its own. The gears and brakes (whatever the difference is) makes it a great deal. I suppose you can recover a lot of the value of the tires on resale, but the suspension is a wash.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Also you total is off by almost 2K! No way you get new Gears Installed for 1K that is on average a 2K job just like you counted the lift installed of 2K. Also you forgot the Mopar tailgate reinforcement which is $695 just for the parts. You didn’t account for the upgraded brakes or HD parts that were added. So your 5K total is light accounting for everything else since most could never do any of these installations themselves and would have to pay the dealer or a shop to install then conservatively your total should be $7K for parts and installation which makes the $3,995 a screaming deal!!!!! Plus you can’t really put a price on all of these parts are covered under warranty!!! Again 7K minimum is what it would cost atleast 90% of people wanting to convert and add all of these parts after the fact!!! Well done Jeep thank you!!
Nope. I got the Mopar lift 9 months ago, installed, for $2,000; had regearing done twice before for $800 each. I got a Mopar tailgate reinforcement knockoff on Amazon for $110.

I pointed out the warranty and resale benefits. But I much rather get the Mopar lift with its 2-4 inches of lift and Fox shocks, and my own set of wheels and tires, than that 1-inch lift, stock Rubicon shocks, and be stuck with whatever tires FCA wants to give me.
Sponsored

Last edited: