Sponsored

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Good , I don't want a lift in the XR package .

It's already well known a stock Rubi can fit 35's .. so why make the COG higher ?
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Good , I don't want a lift in the XR package .

It's already well known a stock Rubi can fit 35's .. so why make the COG higher ?
Agreed, you are paying for bumpers, wheels, tires, and some stickers... You can customize a Rubicon with better bumpers, wheels, and tires for not much more and get to pick them out yourself.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It's already well known a stock Rubi can fit 35's ?
Not from the OEM standpoint. Sure 35s "fit", but they can't sell a vehicle that bottoms out the tire in the fender-well under any conditions.

Last edited:

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
The more I think about it, I feel like I’m in a position where if it really didn’t have the suspension lift s as advertised I would still take delivery. Certainly a shady move on Jeeps part but not sure if it’s worth giving up the vehicle to wait another 3+ months for a new one just to be forced into this package again.

The other upgrades as part of the package (brakes, gears, wheels) are certainly welcomed as well.

I suppose we’ll have to wait and see as more come off the line.

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
This was explored when the 2018s were not coming with offroad pages as they were supposed to. It was looked into and discovered that FCa does know what they are doing legally speaking as all items advertised are "subject to change" etc.

I am still trying to get details of why select tire fill alert is missing from new Rubicons. I have a feeling its TPMS shortages so they just left it off. however wanting a confirmation.

I understand the frustration for sure.

on the positive side, I really like the new color Mopar performance beadlocks. I hope to find a set to run on my 3.0 Rubicon.
I have a 3.6 liter XR JLUR on order that is currently in the awaiting installation of optional equipment phase. When the package was initially announced I was really hoping that the bead-lock-capable wheels would be black. Since they are not I am looking to buy a set of the original mopar bead-lock-capable wheels and selling mine as soon as the Jeep gets delivered. I just have to figure out a way to find/paint the silver simulated rings black to match. Would you be interested in potentially purchasing my set?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It appears the Rubi XR will sit the same height as the 392 which was like 1”ish taller, so only difference is tires possibly. Also hearing the change in suspension for the 392XR (35s) puts it at the same height as the existing 392 (33s). No change in ride height 🤷‍♂️

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 3.6 liter XR JLUR on order that is currently in the awaiting installation of optional equipment phase. When the package was initially announced I was really hoping that the bead-lock-capable wheels would be black. Since they are not I am looking to buy a set of the original mopar bead-lock-capable wheels and selling mine as soon as the Jeep gets delivered. I just have to figure out a way to find/paint the silver simulated rings black to match. Would you be interested in potentially purchasing my set?
I would for sure be interested in your set. send me a PM and keep in touch.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The more I read about this XR package, the more I feel a Mopar lift is the way to go.

The catch, though, is right now the only way to get the V6 with the automatic is with the XR package.
3 years, 50k miles, and lots of off-roading and VERY happy with the Mopar lift. Too bad they didn't just pop it on there from the factory with this package.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
It appears the Rubi XR will sit the same height as the 392 which was like 1”ish taller, so only difference is tires possibly. Also hearing the change in suspension for the 392XR (35s) puts it at the same height as the existing 392 (33s). No change in ride height 🤷‍♂️
Things like this is why I question the ground clearance, breakover, approach and departure angle changes in the marketing material. No way to change ground clearance more than the addition of tire size without changing shock and LCA mounts etc. (ground clearance is taken at lowest point). So moving to 35s would really only gain 1" max (really less since the K02s are a small 35.)

I still think there is value here for those that want to lift etc. if you like the Mopar wheels. the wheels alone would be say $1500, the regear would be roughly the same, 35" tires same. so without the better brakes you are already at a decent deal. however its not what was advertised for sure and I am sure would be frustrating.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
These post are funny. The ones hating on the pic are like college football fans. You have the 5 star high school quarterback from your home state. Everyone wants him bad. This is his home state, you know he's going to college here. Then he chooses to go to Alabama or Ohio State. Then, it's "Oh, he's not that good anyway, I'm glad he's not coming here". Lol. Now 2018-21 Rubi guy, Sahara and Sport guy are, "Man, I'm glad I didn't order XR", "Not Impressed", blah blah blah.

First of all, bad pic taken from a high angle. 2. The pic going around showing the door seal line up with the same spot on all three versions of XR, Standard Rubi and 392 in the same place on the wheel. Like, "Look, it's not any higher than the standard Rubi". Jeeps intention is to keep clearance the same on all Rubs regardless. How about you measure from ground to the the top of the top, air pressure the same. You will see a difference. And besides the 392 and XR aren't supposed to be that much different, same with the standard Rub. 1.5 inch was added to accommodate 35" factory tires. Nobody ever said you could run 37's. Maybe you can. That's still to be seen. Everyone all upset, "Doesn't look like 37's will fit". Nobody ever said they would. Nobody promised you pretty Silver Fox shocks either. They're Red Rubicon shocks. As far as the no XR badging I'm great with that. I was afraid there would be something awful like they did with the Recon and thank god for no Red seats. It's a Rubicon with bigger wheels and tires, better gears, upgraded brakes, reenforced tire carrier. Good price for what you're getting. Everyone's thinking they are getting a built, rock crawler for their $4k. Ask one of those boys running 37-40" setup's built for rock crawling how much they have invested in just add ons.

Is Bronco giving you that much more with their Squach package. Probably not but who knows. You're gonna have to wait until 2023 to find out.

Relax, it looks like Jeep is delivering exactly what they said they would. Most people get the Rubi for the looks anyway. Now you're getting one that looks a little more beefy and if you wan't to get into some higher class trails you can. Most of the people complaining about the looks or height haven't ordered one and wasn't getting one anyway. It's the "That's no better than what I already have". If you don't like it, don't order one. It won't be required in 2022 to order a Rubicon. Wait a month for the 22 order banks to open. If you don't like the looks, order a Sport or Sahara, put a 4" suspension lift on it, get 5- 37" tires and wheels, re-gear, add a tire carrier and get after it. Should really flex good this winter when you pull up to the pile of snow they plowed up in front of Dillards.

Or you could wait until you see one in person or some better pics come out, maybe a YouTube video. Or you can trash something you know nothing about or something you aren't going to own anyway. It's a Rubicon with marginal improvements. It is what it is. Everyone expecting a Range Rover Defender for 4$k more. So if I spend $4k more for the upgraded wheels on a Camero will it outrun a ZR1 Corvette??

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

These post are funny. The ones hating on the pic are like college football fans. You have the 5 star high school quarterback from your home state. Everyone wants him bad. This is his home state, you know he's going to college here. Then he chooses to go to Alabama or Ohio State. Then, it's "Oh, he's not that good anyway, I'm glad he's not coming here". Lol. Now 2018-21 Rubi guy, Sahara and Sport guy are, "Man, I'm glad I didn't order XR", "Not Impressed", blah blah blah.

First of all, bad pic taken from a high angle. 2. The pic going around showing the door seal line up with the same spot on all three versions of XR, Standard Rubi and 392 in the same place on the wheel. Like, "Look, it's not any higher than the standard Rubi". Jeeps intention is to keep clearance the same on all Rubs regardless. How about you measure from ground to the the top of the top, air pressure the same. You will see a difference. And besides the 392 and XR aren't supposed to be that much different, same with the standard Rub. 1.5 inch was added to accommodate 35" factory tires. Nobody ever said you could run 37's. Maybe you can. That's still to be seen. Everyone all upset, "Doesn't look like 37's will fit". Nobody ever said they would. Nobody promised you pretty Silver Fox shocks either. They're Red Rubicon shocks. As far as the no XR badging I'm great with that. I was afraid there would be something awful like they did with the Recon and thank god for no Red seats. It's a Rubicon with bigger wheels and tires, better gears, upgraded brakes, reenforced tire carrier. Good price for what you're getting. Everyone's thinking they are getting a built, rock crawler for their $4k. Ask one of those boys running 37-40" setup's built for rock crawling how much they have invested in just add ons.

Is Bronco giving you that much more with their Squach package. Probably not but who knows. You're gonna have to wait until 2023 to find out.

Relax, it looks like Jeep is delivering exactly what they said they would. Most people get the Rubi for the looks anyway. Now you're getting one that looks a little more beefy and if you wan't to get into some higher class trails you can. Most of the people complaining about the looks or height haven't ordered one and wasn't getting one anyway. It's the "That's no better than what I already have". If you don't like it, don't order one. It won't be required in 2022 to order a Rubicon. Wait a month for the 22 order banks to open. If you don't like the looks, order a Sport or Sahara, put a 4" suspension lift on it, get 5- 37" tires and wheels, re-gear, add a tire carrier and get after it. Should really flex good this winter when you pull up to the pile of snow they plowed up in front of Dillards.

Or you could wait until you see one in person or some better pics come out, maybe a YouTube video. Or you can trash something you know nothing about or something you aren't going to own anyway. It's a Rubicon with marginal improvements. It is what it is. Everyone expecting a Range Rover Defender for 4$k more. So if I spend $4k more for the upgraded wheels on a Camero will it outrun a ZR1 Corvette??
I’m still stoked on it 🤙

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
3 years, 50k miles, and lots of off-roading and VERY happy with the Mopar lift. Too bad they didn't just pop it on there from the factory with this package.
I also had really good luck with mine (with a few extras from Clayton).

TCOV

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 Ext. Recon, 2018 JKUR Recon (sold)
I’m not sure about the rubicon xr situation but it was confirmed that the 392 XR would sit at the same height as a 392 with 35’s. Same suspension height with tires changing the ride height.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure about the rubicon xr situation but it was confirmed that the 392 XR would sit at the same height as a 392 with 35’s. Same suspension height with tires changing the ride height.
That’s makes more sense then what I was reading on FB 👍🏻
Sponsored