Sponsored

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My window sticker calls it a 35 inch tire package. Nothing of lift or suspension components…

6E0DFB08-3840-458A-B146-1F22A3B8AEB8.png
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I think the 2.0 must have a better torque curve. My 3.6 with 37s would be in 6th or 7th at 80 be fore I regeared.
Actually, the V6 has a broader power band that starts at lower RPM.

The 2.0T produces slightly more power but on a narrower band at higher RPMs; you’d be on the turbo the whole time...or pretty close to it.
This - the 2.0T definitely makes more power but I'd be concerned with turbo longevity with larger tires and lots of armor especially if you don't regear.
Regarding the 2.0 vs. 3.6 endless battle... one thing I never see brought up is that the 2.0's lower redline means that it will need to go through the gears quicker when accelerating, which is exactly what happens when you change differential gears. A 4.10 geared 2.0 will shift to second gear faster than a 3.6 with 4.10s (and every following gear). Even though the 2.0 isn't geared lower, WOT acceleration will utilize more gears quicker (similar to a 3.6 with lower gears). To get a 3.6 to shift at the same time as a 2.0 with 4.10s, it would need a gear ration between 4.56 & 4.88.

I've put together a chart that compares the force that the tire exerts on the road (at WOT in pounds). This is essentially a torque curve shown in each gear graphed by vehicle speed.
Solid = 2.0 Rubicon (4.10)
Dashed = 3.6 Rubicon (4.10)

Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics chart

And as a comparison, here is the same chart but with the 3.6 geared to try and match the 2.0's shift speeds.
Solid = 2.0 Rubicon (4.10)
Dashed = 3.6 Rubicon (4.56)

Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics chart (2)

And to put this all into perspective and show how pointless the 2.0/3.6 battle is:

chart-png.png

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well this is indeed disappointing to me if the XR comes as pictured - speaking about the suspension specifically - I was expecting:

Longer Coil Springs
Longer LCA's (From the Mopar Lift)
Longer Sway Bar Links (From the Mopar Lift)
Extended Bump stops (Which it has in the front... Need rear shots too check those out too)
Longer shocks (Think Fox shocks - like on the 392)

And

Some badging (Like the JLUR Recon....)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep must be selling too many Rubicons —or making too much money— to be screwing around like this...

Sponsored

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
OK so figured I would ask Jeep chat. They said it does have a 1.5" factory suspension lift. Emailed my dealer as well with same question. Waiting on that response. So if it ends up actually not having one then I see that as being a big issue for them.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics chart-
Just texted my dealer...he said 35" Tire suspension, I said when I ordered Jeep advertised 1.5" lift....he doesnt have an answer but im at the point of no return...was gonna drop the Recon package but cant now so only option if true is that I cancel and lose my $500 deposit.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Just texted my dealer...he said 35" Tire suspension, I said when I ordered Jeep advertised 1.5" lift....he doesnt have an answer but im at the point of no return...was gonna drop the Recon package but cant now so only option if true is that I cancel and lose my $500 deposit.
If there is no lift, Jeep changed the package after you ordered. The dealership owes your deposit back.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
“35 inch tire suspension” on my cryptostickers build sheet
My
My build sheet shows 35” tire suspension...
It is looking more and more likely that Jeep pulled a bait and switch. Advertise a lift then send out jeeps with no lift and giant bump stops.

nofd843

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 / 2021 JLUXR
I guess the big identifying feature will be the overall height? I believe the JLUR is 73.6" tall... how tall is the JLUXR? I would think it would have to be about 76" tall... just another angle to look at.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I’ve got an XR on order. I’m gonna be seriously pissed if there’s not an actual lift. Bump stop extensions aren’t going to cut it.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got an XR on order. I’m gonna be seriously pissed if there’s not an actual lift. Bump stop extensions aren’t going to cut it.
The wording change to 35" tire suspension is really adding fuel to the fire of no actual "lift". Rubicon's with highline fenders were also noted as being capable of up to 35" tires with added bumpstops (to keep from hitting fender). I have a bad feeling they just updated the bumpstop design to ensure no rubbing.

looking at the pictures it really looks like regular Rubicon shocks and springs, with the 392 swaybar links and longer bumpstops.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
The wording change to 35" tire suspension is really adding fuel to the fire of no actual "lift". Rubicon's with highline fenders were also noted as being capable of up to 35" tires with added bumpstops (to keep from hitting fender). I have a bad feeling they just updated the bumpstop design to ensure no rubbing.

looking at the pictures it really looks like regular Rubicon shocks and springs, with the 392 swaybar links and longer bumpstops.
Yeah. If the spring part numbers are the same as a regular Rubicon then that pretty much settles it, no?

@ClaytonOffroad, how’s that 1.5” lift package coming along?
Sponsored