Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
When Jeep announced the Xtreme Recon package, including at the Chicago Auto Show, they advertised a 1.5" suspension lift.

Since then, advertising has changed to 35 inch tire suspension. (No mention of lift)

See the two attached pictures.

Looking at the pictures that were posted, I'm wondering if they did away with the 1.5" lift, instead adding giant bumpstops. Hence, the change in advertising from 1.5" suspension lift to 35 inch tire suspension....

Screenshot_20210907-071742_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-071757_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-073739_Chrome.jpg
I have a feeling its like "Off-Road pages", "Select Tire fill alert" and other advertised options that after orders were placed they were changed. Future xtreme recons may get a 1.5" lift, but these early ones may not.

offroad pages were removed due to software issues, put back later. Select tire fill alert has been missing from a lot of recent builds, and It looks like the bumpstops were increased 1.5" from standard runicon without any actual lift. if thats the case I bet a lot of early adopters will be upset.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling its like "Off-Road pages", "Select Tire fill alert" and other advertised options that after orders were placed they were changed. Future xtreme recons may get a 1.5" lift, but these early ones may not.

offroad pages were removed due to software issues, put back later. Select tire fill alert has been missing from a lot of recent builds, and It looks like the bumpstops were increased 1.5" from standard runicon without any actual lift. if thats the case I bet a lot of early adopters will be upset.
The more I read about this XR package, the more I feel a Mopar lift is the way to go.

The catch, though, is right now the only way to get the V6 with the automatic is with the XR package.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
The more I read about this XR package, the more I feel a Mopar lift is the way to go.

The catch, though, is right now the only way to get the V6 with the automatic is with the XR package.
Where are you seeing that? The builder lets you select any engine and doesn't force the xr package.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
PS - you can also get the EcoDiesel or the manual transmission, of course

Sponsored

Kimdracula

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Jeep should just do this on all the trims, like Ford is doing with bronco. I mean it’s not all that special, and the costs are high compared to what you get. With that being said, Jeep is making $, just let all the trims have it, at the least start with the willys trim.

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Here is a no lift 21 JLUR on 35s with Steele bumpers. Picture taken from about same angle as the white one with the XR package. Looks pretty much identical. When I ordered it said 1.5" lift. Now like everyone is mentioning the wording has changed . Looking at Stellantis's press release they list as having a 1.5" lift. I am going to be pretty pissed if there is no lift especially for 4k.

241374228_10224683141241933_2367997950043636991_n.jpg

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Playing devil's advocate here: is it possible they made the lift go away as a production line item for liability and/or production line slow downs for equipment adjustment to account for the lifted suspension?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

The catch, though, is right now the only way to get the
Here is a no lift 21 JLUR on 35s with Steele bumpers. Picture taken from about same angle as the white one with the XR package. Looks pretty much identical. When I ordered it said 1.5" lift. Now like everyone is mentioning the wording has changed . Looking at Stellantis's press release they list as having a 1.5" lift. I am going to be pretty pissed if there is no lift especially for 4k.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics 241374228_10224683141241933_2367997950043636991_n
I think many will feel the same way you as you. I came really close to canceling my eco-diesel order in July to out one in for the XR but decided to wait and see them.

I have a feeling parts availability may have hit this package. I would also be pissed if all they did was add bigger bumpstops or maybe small spacer to fit 35s if I ordered one.

hopefully someone will be able to get hands on one soon to measure it and get better photos.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I zoomed in on the front spring part number... Its 59091 on the green sticker. that is the same as a factory Rubicon spring. until we get the full part numbers hard to tell what this is.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I'll caveat this as not being an expert in the area like you guys, but if the 392 is lifted in comparison to a regular rubicon then I believe the regular rubicon is getting additional height to be on par with the 392 and fit the 35s.

there was a clarification on FB that the 392 isn't getting any additional lift, but the suspension is different / unique to take into account the increased load due to the heavier wheels and tires - different springs and shock rates. Just an assumption on the regular rubicon though.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think many will feel the same way you as you. I came really close to canceling my eco-diesel order in July to out one in for the XR but decided to wait and see them.

I have a feeling parts availability may have hit this package. I would also be pissed if all they did was add bigger bumpstops or maybe small spacer to fit 35s if I ordered one.

hopefully someone will be able to get hands on one soon to measure it and get better photos.
In general, it makes little sense to pay extra for upgraded factory tires and wheels. The aftermarket side has that well covered with wider selection and, often, with much better customer service than Jeep dealers.

If I had an extra $4,000 lying around, I’d get the EcoDiesel over the XR Package. EcoDiesel includes lower gearing, so that becomes less of a differentiator. And then you are free to get a Mopar lift with more clearance, greater articulation, better shocks, and you can get the wheels and tires of your choice.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I'll caveat this as not being an expert in the area like you guys, but if the 392 is lifted in comparison to a regular rubicon then I believe the regular rubicon is getting additional height to be on par with the 392 and fit the 35s.

there was a clarification on FB that the 392 isn't getting any additional lift, but the suspension is different / unique to take into account the increased load due to the heavier wheels and tires - different springs and shock rates. Just an assumption on the regular rubicon though.
The entire marketing around the XR package was that it had a lift, hears, and bigger tires giving it more ground clearance, and better approach, break over and departure angles. while the ground clearance number never made sense without also changing more, I assumed the rest were accurate.

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
OK so figured I would ask Jeep chat. They said it does have a 1.5" factory suspension lift. Emailed my dealer as well with same question. Waiting on that response. So if it ends up actually not having one then I see that as being a big issue for them.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 2.03.36 PM.png

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
I have a Rubicon with 35s but the XR was exactly what I wanted with a factory warranty, if indeed there is no lift I am tempted to cancel My order and do a small lift aftermarket, IF I can get my deposit back. Just hoping the package is as described
Sponsored