Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
One other advantage of the XR package, (well, depending on how you might look at it) is that someone looking at financing a new Rubicon with one would be essentially rolling the cost of the upgrades into the loan, verses paying cash out of pocket for them. (With the added bonus of maintaining their factory warranty, as others have already mentioned.)

At today's auto-loan interest rates that's not necessarily a terrible thing.

Just my thoughts.
Sponsored

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
If you’re getting a regear job done for $800 on a JK or JL, you’re getting a half ass job. Parts alone - gears and master install kits from a reputable company like Revolution - are $600-$800. When I worked at an off road shop it was $1650 for JK and $1825 for JL for regear.

With the 8 speed the 4.56 should be more than manageable for 37’s.

Im still looking forward to mine coming in!
With 37" Nito trail Grapplers and 5.13's I rarely ever see 8th gear. Hate to imagine what it would be like with a higher ratio.

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I just got my take off 392 suspension on friday, I’ll be putting it on a 3.0 rubicon. If the coil springs don’t work out right the shocks and longer sway bar lengths were worth it. I’ll probably get a bump stop kit, track bar, and front LCA’s.
I’m debating whether to get the same tires you are running in a 35 also instead of the 37s I originally wanted. How do you like these tires so far, is there much road noise? I ran MT atz p3’s on my wife’s jk, I got about 45,000 miles out of those tires.
My guess is that you will gain around 1” lift and it will look like the 392 since both have similar weights. I think I gain 2” juts because mine is around 430 pounds lighter than the 392. In the end, if you want more height, you can get taller 2.5” lift springs and use the shocks.
In regards of the tires, I really like them. They have performed great off-road and on road. They are really quiet and with the doors and roof off I don't even hear them as I did with Falken MTs. I went 35s because I don’t want to regear or loose 8th gear if I don’t regear. If not, I would have gone 37s. I Did not felt any performance drop with the 4cyl turbo engine. For your 3.0 I would say 37s will be great if you can clear them.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Man on Facebook posted this!

723BAE2C-16A0-456F-9DBF-33E690AF997A.jpeg
is it a Mopar Lift with 37s nope. Would I give up my setup in my 18 for this nope. Is it perfect for my wife’s Tuscadero on order...Yup. Great value for 4K and when you see it in the real world compared to a stock Rubicon you will be able to tell something badass is going on there. If you have no plans to lift your Rubicon or add larger wheels yes this is an unnecessary expense. If you have plans to lift it and run 35s it’s a hell of a deal.

Decals why do people care? I don’t have Mopar Lift, 37 inch tires, 4.88 gears etc decals on my 18...

Fender Flares: Some states like NH tires CANNOT stick out beyond Fenders. In MA where we used to ,live they could. I think Jeep put the flares on there to comply with the law in some states, but allow for easy removal in states it doesn’t matter.

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m not getting why people hate this. I think it’s fantastic. Factory upgraded Jeep.. essentially a Rubicon+. Looks better than a stock rubicon and is more functional.

if you want to start counting $ from the get go, anyone buying a rubicon is already hosed. Go buy a base sport and upgrade your suspension and axles. You $ will go much farther than buying these $50-60k Jeeps. For my money, the XR is awesome.

Sponsored

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
“Oh its not flashy enough, can’t tell where the $4k went”

“hopefully in 2023 it’ll look more BADASS”

“there aren’t any EXTREME stickers!”

You fuckin’ idiots. We’re supposed to be better than this... the whole point of this package is that it makes the jeep function better. It may have a stupid, Monster energy drink inspired name, but it’s all about making the jeep function better off road. Better tires, better gears, slight lift. It’s not about fucking decals. Well done jeep, you put in effort where it matters. Too bad some of your fanbase are too focused on stupid cosmetic shit.
This post is so good I had to quote it...well said brother...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You maintain your factory warranty with Mopar parts, so even if you do it yourself, you can still have the warranty. Where you lose the warranty is in the areas of the axles affected by re-gearing to 4.56, which I did. No biggie. Everything else is still covered.

I've got a good dealership, anyway, who has never had an issue covering my JK, even though its lift is an AEV.

I love the Xtreme Rubicon package as a whole, but I'd want the lift to be a little higher, based on the pics. I'm also not a fan of the wheels, at all.

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
With 37" Nito trail Grapplers and 5.13's I rarely ever see 8th gear. Hate to imagine what it would be like with a higher ratio.
I don’t see how that’s possible. Here’s stock 4.10 gears and stock size tires vs 5.13’s and 37’s per GrimmJeepers gear calculator. With the 37’s and 5.13’s you should be turning a ton more RPM’s.

B7F4809C-8C50-4833-8585-1039A558661E.png

D985F92D-F657-40BA-8D48-DA584245A3E2.png

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Here’s the same calc’s but 37’s and 4.56 gears - close to stock - obviously it will be slightly worse as the tires will be heavier but very close to stock.

4189ED2C-AC68-4294-AE3A-4F498B7DC369.png

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
To be fair, adding a lift, swapping the wheels and the tires is what Jeep owners have been doing for the last 80 years.

What are we supposed to do now? Buy a Jeep and just, like ...drive it...? 😫
The just “drive it” portion is always rolling in my head.

I still can’t figure this part out. This is my first Jeep. I have driven pickups since I was 16 though. I have had a few small SUV’s over the years for work if my driving increased. My wife’s truck hs always been rabies since we have been together.

Not once I mean not once have I ever wanted to do anything to them but drive them. Ok maybe black out decals on the Tahoe’s cause I hate the gold but now you can get them from the factory that way. And when I was 16 I was a bass head so I threw as many speakers in my one truck as possible but man since I got the Jeep all I do is look and think about what can I do know? What the hell. Is this whole phenomenon psychological? It has to be. Lol
Sponsored