jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hey all.

I have a 2 door JL sports S. I am in talks with a shop and the plan seems to be to add:
Rough Country spacer suspension lift (with shocks)
35s with 17x9
Oracle headlights with halos
Oracle switchback turn signals

I have two main questions that i have gotten different answers on; with the 2.5 lift would it be possible to align the jeep so it doesnt have too much sway?

And with a 2.5 lift on a sport would 35s rub at all?

I am not looking to spend much over $4k
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The only alignment adjustment that can be made with what you listed here is the toe setting. The stock control arms are not adjustable, I recommend you get the Mopar Lift LCA's at a minimum, they're quite cheap, about 35 a piece.

Rubbing depends on wheel backspacing and tire width.

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only alignment adjustment that can be made with what you listed here is the toe setting. The stock control arms are not adjustable, I recommend you get the Mopar Lift LCA's at a minimum, they're quite cheap, about 35 a piece.

Rubbing depends on wheel backspacing and tire width.
Do you think id be fine without LCAs? Should i go through with the build and then decide from there?

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Should i go through with the build and then decide from there?
You can, but hang right on for that first check ride :)
Without the proper caster (4-6 degrees) it would be a dicey ride at best.

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can, but hang right on for that first check ride :)
Without the proper caster (4-6 degrees) it would be a dicey ride at best.
What about cam bolts?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Skip the puck lift.

Nice budget but for a little more you can do a Mopar lift that’s a better solution. Plus your butt cheeks will thank you.
would i need any extra parts to correct caster like i probably will with RC?

Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I put a 2" Mopar kit in mine and it came with matching LCAs that put the Caster at 4.5 degrees. YMMV though as no two frames are ever built exactly the same.
Were I to have purchased an aftermarket lift, I would have went with adjustable LCAs. I can't give you a recommendation on which ones though. Since I didn't need them, I didn't research them.
I am sure there are many here that can give you some excellent advice though.

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may just go with 33s and no lift

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I may just go with 33s and no lift
Whatever you decide, when it comes to modifying a suspension to add larger tires, don't cheap out. This doesn't mean you need to drop $5K on a lift. Make sure you properly budget for the parts required to ensure your Jeep is safe and driveable.

With a $4k budget, you definitely can get an all spring lift, with what most would consider required parts (front lower adjustable control arms, front track bar, rear track bar or bracket, sway bar links, shocks) and have enough left over for decent tires and wheel spacers (if needed).

If it were me, I'd forgo the new lighting so I could focus on getting a correct lift.

If you just want to run 33's, find a low mileage stock suspension from a JLUR (only need springs and shocks) which can be found on this forum for $200 or less, get the Mopar lift LCA's (about $60 for the pair), and then you'd have plenty left over for your wheels, tires, and lighting. This option is the most economical, easiest, and yet you'll have a "factory" style suspension.

If you go the JLUR suspension route, the best suspension is finding a Rubicon which had a hard top, steel bumper group, tow package, and 2.0T engine. These will be the highest spring rates available, except for the diesel suspensions, which will have even higher spring rates.

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever you decide, when it comes to modifying a suspension to add larger tires, don't cheap out. This doesn't mean you need to drop $5K on a lift. Make sure you properly budget for the parts required to ensure your Jeep is safe and driveable.

With a $4k budget, you definitely can get an all spring lift, with what most would consider required parts (front lower adjustable control arms, front track bar, rear track bar or bracket, sway bar links, shocks) and have enough left over for decent tires and wheel spacers (if needed).

If it were me, I'd forgo the new lighting so I could focus on getting a correct lift.

If you just want to run 33's, find a low mileage stock suspension from a JLUR (only need springs and shocks) which can be found on this forum for $200 or less, get the Mopar lift LCA's (about $60 for the pair), and then you'd have plenty left over for your wheels, tires, and lighting. This option is the most economical, easiest, and yet you'll have a "factory" style suspension.

If you go the JLUR suspension route, the best suspension is finding a Rubicon which had a hard top, steel bumper group, tow package, and 2.0T engine. These will be the highest spring rates available, except for the diesel suspensions, which will have even higher spring rates.
33s fit on a sport without rubbing correct? I may forego the lift and keep the functionality of my daily drive and add the 33s with new wheels for aesthetics and upgrade to a lift in the future

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
33s fit on a sport without rubbing correct? I may forego the lift and keep the functionality of my daily drive and add the 33s with new wheels for aesthetics and upgrade to a lift in the future
I don't know for sure, others who have a Sport with 33's could answer what mods (if any) you'd need. But I know you can add springs and shocks from an Unlimited Rubicon to fit 33's.
Sponsored