lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Aliexpress is all Chinese crap.
Mopar lights are also likely CHINESE, Most of the LED Chips in the world are made in Asia Just like the computer monitor or mobile device you are reading this on. The LED manufacturing industry is a toxic industry be glad it is not manufactured in the US environment. Like it or not China makes many reliable low cost LED products they also make some crap. Very few LED Components are made in North America.

With that said maintenance would be a major problem when they do finally fail (even the Mopar will fail at some point) it is not like you can go down to the local auto supply and buy a new low cost lamp whereas you will have to sideline your rig until replacement is located and delivered.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I should have been more clear. I was referring more to aliexprss. It’s a drop shipping service mainly for the cheapest of products to be sold in bulk.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I like the solid smoked color, kind of a stealth look when off.

jabroney78

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Think I'm going to try them, like the fact that they're one color, and bright red on Sting gray as it currently sits doesn't really go that well vs. what a solid smoked shade would look. And for $160 shipped hard to go wrong (hopefully) :)

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Think I'm going to try them, like the fact that they're one color, and bright red on Sting gray as it currently sits doesn't really go that well vs. what a solid smoked shade would look. And for $160 shipped hard to go wrong (hopefully) :)
Please keep us posted. They seem very reasonably priced for two light units. I saw a picture with 4 smaller and 2 larger "L" shaped bracket. Not sure what they are for, but I hope the light units mount the same way as stock tail lights through that long white plastic screw with spring in them, just need to transfer that back plastic cover from stock light to this set.

Sponsored

WilliamstownLakeDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Porsche Macan & 2018 Punk'n JL Sahara
Please keep us posted. They seem very reasonably priced for two light units. I saw a picture with 4 smaller and 2 larger "L" shaped bracket. Not sure what they are for, but I hope the light units mount the same way as stock tail lights through that long white plastic screw with spring in them, just need to transfer that back plastic cover from stock light to this set.
Doesn’t look like the same mount to me.
The factory LEDs (pictured) have a place for the plastic bolt to go. The aftermarket ones have a flat back.

50B0594A-1D29-4286-A18E-0949401FDE8A.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good point, could be a deal breaker :(

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at that picture of the Mopar light, maybe there is a part that can be removed and attached to the aftermarket unit. It looks like there are a couple of screws there, I have not pulled mine out to take a look , just going on the picture.

E71333AE-F6A0-446A-B138-1014232240E8.jpeg

Also, the brackets and clips shown are similar to those that I had for my JK, you have to attach the (gold) resistors to the body for heat dissipation. You mount the resisters to the L bracket, and then clip the bracket to somewhere on the body. The resistors stop hyper flashing, LEDs don’t always draw enough current for analog relays/flasher units, on my golf cart I use an electronic flasher

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Those lights you have to use the metal brackets they provide to mount

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Looking at that picture of the Mopar light, maybe there is a part that can be removed and attached to the aftermarket unit. It looks like there are a couple of screws there, I have not pulled mine out to take a look , just going on the picture.

E71333AE-F6A0-446A-B138-1014232240E8.jpeg

Also, the brackets and clips shown are similar to those that I had for my JK, you have to attach the (gold) resistors to the body for heat dissipation. You mount the resisters to the L bracket, and then clip the bracket to somewhere on the body. The resistors stop hyper flashing, LEDs don’t always draw enough current for analog relays/flasher units, on my golf cart I use an electronic flasher
Thank you. Good to know the bracket is for mounting resistors. I am going to give it a try. It looks like the back piece should be able to screw in place.

Capture.PNG
Sponsored