jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good mine is scheduled for Friday can’t wait to do the install as it looks straight forward but I’ve always had issue getting that light connector off never seems to want to disconnect for me
I couldn't get mine disconnected either. Slid the red lock out no problem, but however hard I push on that black thing the thing won't disconnect. I hate little crappy plastic connector things and they hate me.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I couldn't get mine disconnected either. Slid the red lock out no problem, but however hard I push on that black thing the thing won't disconnect. I hate little crappy plastic connector things and they hate me.
After pulling back on the red tab just push that black tab that it slid underneath of it it came off pretty easily after that

Sponsored

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
just fyi too. they can kinda suction together. so even though the tab is depressed you still have to give a pretty good pull.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yeah, like I mentioned getting it off the connector track so you can get full leverage on that harness connector makes it much easier and you get to that clamp easier. Make sure you have that red lock all the way out, it can hang up a bit and NEEDS to be all the way out so you can push down on that center black tab. That tab made an audible "click" when it was fully depressed for me, and after that it was pretty easy to get that connector separated.

Nice job on that video (as all your videos are) 2k2wranglerx, don't even really notice those side marks on my lights anymore but may shoot some plastidip on those sections if & when I get around to it.

Jarel, don't feel bad, most harness connectors hate me too, and I've ruined plenty in frustration, luckily this wasn't one of them :)

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My side marks aren’t as prominent as his in the video I really don’t even think of them anymore either

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
After pulling back on the red tab just push that black tab that it slid underneath of it it came off pretty easily after that
Yeah, that's what everybody said. Haha. I definitely pulled back the red tab like in the videos, and pushed like heck on that black tab but still it wouldn't come apart.
I'll try some of the suggestions here if I ever replace the tail lights.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Looking good! ^^^

Mr.Klean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have a delivery date for Monday. I’ll post some pictures after i install the taillights.

Mr.Klean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Mine were delivered this morning. Anyone else receive taillights with broken alignment tabs on the back?

D0DE49A8-041A-4B97-B31C-0567154DD5E3.jpeg

Last edited:

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If those side marks on the lights are bugging you get Valspar black plastic paint and spray a little on a cloth and rub it over the marks and it matches pretty good I was able to make them pretty much disappear

Last edited: