First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I did my first oil change today at 2,038 miles. Before draining the oil, I checked the engine oil level and I was glad to see the level was still at the full mark on the oil level indicator. The oil change process was very similar to a gasoline engine with the additional steps of draining water from the fuel filter (it actually had no water) and filling the DEF tank.

The oil filter cartridge was exceptionally tight. It took 43 lb.-ft. of torque to break it loose. On the other hand, the engine oil pan drain plug was exceptionally loose. The torque was slightly more than finger tight, but it was not leaking.

I like that the diesel engine requires 9 quarts of oil. This allows for better oil cooling, lower temperature and more volume to suspend any contamination in the oil.

Jeep Wave allows for three (3) free oil changes. But what does it say about the dealer when in view of the free oil changes, the customer pays for the oil and filter and performs the work on their own?
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
But what does it say about the dealer when in view of the free oil changes, the customer pays for the oil and filter and performs the work on their own?
Jeep Dealer
That customer is a sucker of the highest caliber
Jeep Corporate
The free oil changes as part of the Jeep Wave program are no longer an effective incentive in bringing back customers as repeat business into the Dealership’s service department.