Sponsored

First 2019 Jeep Gladiator Pickup (JT Wrangler) Video! Testing With Crew Chief Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We're happy to bring you our very first spy video of the 2019 Jeep Scrambler Pickup (JT Wrangler) out testing!

The video provides the clearest look yet at the upcoming JT Scrambler Pickup, which although still fully camouflaged shows the truck driving in both wet and dry road conditions and testing its suspension and ride quality on rumble strips.

We also captured photos of the JT giving us an impromptu comparison with the Jeep Crew Chief Concept truck which was caught testing on the same road used by the prototype in the video.

Video:

Photos:

2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-03.jpg
2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-04.jpg
2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-05.jpg
2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-06.jpg
2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-07.jpg
2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-01.jpg
2019-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-JT-Wrangler-02.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

brubakes

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Looks really good so far, but to be honest I'm still in shock this is actually happening! You can really make out the grill in a few spots of the video which looks to be the same as what the normal JL will have. Hoping the aftermarket can come up with a Crew Chief front end. I've been in love with the Crew Chief's looks since I saw it in person.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good so far, but to be honest I'm still in shock this is actually happening! You can really make out the grill in a few spots of the video which looks to be the same as what the normal JL will have. Hoping the aftermarket can come up with a Crew Chief front end. I've been in love with the Crew Chief's looks since I saw it in person.

Im hoping the JL front end is just on for testing and that it will have a crew chief front end in final production. Having the JL front end on it is a good way to hide a different front end from everyone.

Sponsored

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I've watched the video a half dozen times. Each time I hope some how the wind blows off some of the camo. :)

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel
i cant wait to see what we are actually going to be able to buy
i was going to buy a jk8 till i heard the rumor of this coming out & have been waiting & ill keep waiting but seeing that gives me hope it seems to be taking forever

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I heart Crew Chief. Just build THAT. No questions asked take my money. I agree with you guys they need to put that front end on the JT

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
At first I was impressed by the engine noise, thinking, "Whoa, that sounds GRrreat, and definitely the diesel, Diesel fans are gonna Love this ! "

... and then the Big Garbage Truck crosses the frame.. D'Oh !! :blush:

Looking good though, and I have to agree regarding the Crew Chief front end, even if just for a 'Special Edition' it would look Epic, and definitely move people too it based on look regardless of capability, though hopefully having both.
So if JT sales slow a bit, a Crew Chief special edition refresh/add ala Power Wagon Ram could re-invigorate sales. Or better yet, just come out guns blazing and offer the option from the start.

Likely the regular JT body would be lighter and better for off-roading and likely towing and payload truck duties, but for the person using it for light duties where they don't need 100% of the capabilities that would be a nice looking truck and very different from what's currently in the market.

Nice to see bigger pictures of the suspension, seems to also have that new & unknown 12-bolt axle like previous mules on both JL & JT platform.

The beefy rear suspension 2-point mounting of upper and lower trailing arms is also quite visible.

Looking good, hopefully (as mentioned by JeepMomma) they do indeed end JK production a bit earlier, move the JT production schedule ahead a slight bit to get this to market sooner. It's gonna print money initially, and hopefully continuously.

Sponsored

Fish413

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, XJ, Yamaha Stryker
Holy front end rake!

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I heart Crew Chief. Just build THAT. No questions asked take my money. I agree with you guys they need to put that front end on the JT
Dude I could not agree more. That crew chief is bad ass.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Yessss can't wait!! So much potential just look at it next to the awesome Crew Chief. Similar shape, proportions and size. Just needs some big fat tires. And please give us a dark green color like that! Has Jeep ever offered a factory matte or satin color?

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
What is the bed size on that crew cheif? Look like the JK has a bit longer bed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.