Sponsored

First 2 issues with Jeep and both happened today wtf!

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
First issues with my wrangler and they both happened today at the same time. 2020 rubicon with 6900 ish miles.
1. Key fob stoped working. I don’t think it can be the battery because both keys aren’t working. Can’t use smart entry to open door (have to use key in the key hole to open door) and have to physically touch key to push button to start it.
2. Tire pressure sensors just stopped working on the drive home. Haven’t mounted or dismount tires from wheels for over a month so sensors couldn’t have been damaged?

happened to anyone else?

6A626F98-C1CD-4532-9E94-BA67E4F5E565.jpeg

6183544C-443C-48B2-B2CB-19E466CE5C3E.jpeg

89622D42-BE05-4062-8307-E07D112119D2.jpeg
Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I have had the push button to keyfob thing happen before, I never lock my doors so I didn't notice till I got in. I just walked out of the Jeep with the key, then back in and it worked.

OP
OP

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I unplugged the battery for a few minutes and now smart key works again but still have to touch fob to button To start and tire pressure still not working

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
hmmm weird - are the doors off just curious

if the batteries are good in the remotes, then it could be the rf hub , have dealer check into it , u can yourself remove the battery , wait 5 minutes then see if that works .. as far as tire sensors , i have only seen this issue if new rims were installed and the sensors were not installed correct or damaged - see if your rig needs an update , sorry not much help

u can also try to deflate all the tires , then inflate them back to normal and drive around for a little bit - best i could do for ya sorry

Last edited:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I unplugged the battery for a few minutes and now smart key works again but still have to touch fob to button To start and tire pressure still not working
Try leaving the car battery disconnected for five or six minutes rather than one or two minutes. That worked for me when I had the key fob issue. It might take a little time to allow a total power down.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Try leaving the car battery disconnected for five or six minutes rather than one or two minutes. That worked for me when I had the key fob issue. It might take a little time to allow a total power down.
It was around 15 minutes I had I disconnected.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
ps - if i remember the fobs should reconnect if u push the start/run button with the fob

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2018 CX-5, 2020 RAM 1500 BTS
Did you push your fuses in?
I had very similar a few days ago - key fob stopped working and 1 Tpms sensor was going nuts. Not 100% sure, but pushing in fuses might have fixed it for me. Didn’t feel any super loose, but after doing that I closed the hood and tried the key fob and it worked. So it was either the fuses or a supernatural being assist. Probably fuses.

OP
OP

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ok guys I did everything you all said to do and it’s all fixed. Thanks. I Disconnected battery for over an hour, pushed fuses all in (there were some that seemed loose cause they clicked in, deflated all the tires down under 15 and aired back up to 33 and drive around for 5 minutes. Everything working as normal except my Satelite radio doesn’t work. Maybe my free trial ended (got Jeep roughly 6 months ago)

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Ok guys I did everything you all said to do and it’s all fixed. Thanks. I Disconnected battery for over an hour, pushed fuses all in (there were some that seemed loose cause they clicked in, deflated all the tires down under 15 and aired back up to 33 and drive around for 5 minutes. Everything working as normal except my Satelite radio doesn’t work. Maybe my free trial ended (got Jeep roughly 6 months ago)
Switch to AM and back to SXM, unless it is in fact expired. If it is and you want it you can push SiriusXM to give you a package around $5-$6/month.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
Eww, that’s a Uconnect bug. Turn it off for about two hours. Turn it back on. Make sure your Uconnect version is up to date. It’s like the one where you lose half the volume output.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
there is no SXM button at all like there used to be
I think there would still be a button even if expired. See my other post. It’s a bug. The SXM button will return.

RUBIJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner, 1967 Dodge R/T, 2018 Wrangler, Honda 750 K1
I had the same thing happen the last couple of days with the key fob, Jeep unlocked in the garage. Without getting out I locked and unlocked the doors with the key fob and the push button started working. Had the same message and put the key fob to the start button and button turned red but didn't push the button. After looking at the message you show (and now that I am not mad) I think you have to actually use the key fob to push the start button. This has happened multiple days in a row and also none of the manual controls worked on the dash, stop/start, volume and fan which then corrected itself within 30-40 seconds after starting.
Sponsored