Firmly Undecided - soliciting opinions

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
So I know it makes more sense to decide before buying but I didn’t. Have both KBD fenders and the smoked Quake chop kit. Have been running the KBD but since I played hooky from work and my wife did not, I threw on the chopped kit. Still not sure which I like better. Chopped is more fender coverage so that is a plus. My daughter liked chopped- said it was more proportional. Anyways, it’s easy enough to swap but curious on general opinions. And yes both poke for the poke haters but less with the chopped. I don’t see any difference in clearance. I won’t rub the 37s either way. Feel free to offend now. Lol. Photos to follow
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The KDBs give you less of a chance to rip em off off-road, chop gives you more coverage on road.

I'd say if you run a lot of tight trails with possible fender damage, it'd be a good reason to stick with the KDBs. Otherwise, pretty much personal preference.

OP
OP
MOOG5050

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
The KDBs give you less of a chance to rip em off off-road, chop gives you more coverage on road.

I'd say if you run a lot of tight trails with possible fender damage, it'd be a good reason to stick with the KDBs. Otherwise, pretty much personal preference.
agreed. I doubt either will be a problem. I am just undecided. But I guess it gives folks a reference when shopping. I will run the quake kit for a while.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Dang, was hoping for a pic with 1 of each at the same time. Guess I will play with photoshop.

I'm partial to the KBD fenders myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MOOG5050

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
One more pic of the quake since the first photo had lighting that made them look different color when not lit. They are not.

Jeep Wrangler JL Firmly Undecided - soliciting opinions IMG_7584

OP
OP
MOOG5050

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
Dang, was hoping for a pic with 1 of each at the same time. Guess I will play with photoshop.

I'm partial to the KBD fenders myself.
lol. Did my best to get comparable photos.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I vote Quake, looks more proportional to me. The little stubby KBD fenders look funny to me for some reason. And not because the tires poke more (I actually like poke), but because they look disproportionally dinky to me.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
It's weird, from the front the Quake look better to me but from the side the I like the KDB. If I had to pick one, I would go with Quake.

OP
OP
MOOG5050

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
It's weird, from the front the Quake look better to me but from the side the I like the KDB. If I had to pick one, I would go with Quake.
I agree. I like the quake from front and the KBD have a nice molded edge that covers the area under the fenders all the way to the inner liners. Oh well. Since I just made the change I will run quake at least until I am bored and want to change something. Lol

Sponsored

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
KBD’s JK fenders look great, but their JL fenders are just meh. I vote chopped stock fenders.

Blue_the_JLU

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLU Sport Altitude
Thanks for the pics.
I actually just placed an order last week for the KBD fenders after ripping my driver side front fender off on a trail. Nothing hit the fender, it just flexed a bit too much and that lip caught my tire.

I saw you said you had 37s. Other than being a Rubi XR did you add an additional lift? Are you running spacers or additional wheel offset?
I'm on 35s with a 2.5" lift but added leveling kit due to a SUPER heavy winch/bumper combo so I actually have quite a large amount of fender well.. just nabbed the lip which is why I'm going KBD. Straight out from the body, gives under pressure.. let 'em be bendy and hopefully they won't be breaky. 🤞

Jeep Wrangler JL Firmly Undecided - soliciting opinions Blue Closeu
Sponsored