Firecraker Red Mopar Lift & Beadlockers

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Ordered on February 5 and picker her up last Tuesday (March 20) and lifted w/ Tires & Wheels on Saturday, March 24. Thought I'd share a couple of pics...

IMG_5706.jpg

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg
Looks good! Is the larger tire visible in the back-up camera? If so, could you snap a pic, please?

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
nota4re, don't know if you saw my post, but my 2inch mopar lift kit came with 2 gray lower front collars.
The booklet that came with the kit doesn't show or mention using them. It says use the ones on the Jeep.
Did you get them in you're kit?
Yes. There is an addendum page stapled in as the last page of the instructions calling for these gray collars to replace the black (rubber) lower callers on the front springs. They were definitely an afterthought and maybe they forgot to add the page to your instructions.

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Is the tailgate reinforcement installed in these pictures? I swear it had black brackets.
Yeah, the reinforcemnt bracket IS installed in these pics. You can just get a glimpse of it. I can snap a better pic if interested and I will also try to get a back-up camera view (with larger rear tire).

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I have the same wheels and color jeep.
Did you powder coat or paint the rims.
What color powder coat did you use.

Sponsored

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Would you mind snapping a pic of the collar page you mentioned. Thanks

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah, the reinforcemnt bracket IS installed in these pics. You can just get a glimpse of it. I can snap a better pic if interested and I will also try to get a back-up camera view (with larger rear tire).
Another pic showing the connections would be nice, trying to figure out how exactly it strengthens the tailgate if it doesn't replace the hinges.

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Another pic showing the connections would be nice, trying to figure out how exactly it strengthens the tailgate if it doesn't replace the hinges.
In the OEM configuration there is a gap between the hinges and the tire carrier bracket bolted to the tailgate. Presumably this "gap" is under stress with a heavier tire/wheel combination. What this cast-metal optional tire reinforcement piece does is tie the tire carrier piece directly to the hinges. In the pic below, you see the main cast piece - bolting to the hinges AND to the mount points of the OEM carrier. Hope that helps....

IMG_5722.jpg

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Ordered on February 5 and picker her up last Tuesday (March 20) and lifted w/ Tires & Wheels on Saturday, March 24. Thought I'd share a couple of pics...

IMG_5706.jpg

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg
Looks Great! Thats my plan as well ( When I get the darn thing!!! ) . Ordered the Jeep on Feb 5th. Still waiting for the damn soft top. 2in Mopar lift is already in the garage. Hopefully getting the same wheels and tires. Anyway she looks awesome.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
In the OEM configuration there is a gap between the hinges and the tire carrier bracket bolted to the tailgate. Presumably this "gap" is under stress with a heavier tire/wheel combination. What this cast-metal optional tire reinforcement piece does is tie the tire carrier piece directly to the hinges. In the pic below, you see the main cast piece - bolting to the hinges AND to the mount points of the OEM carrier. Hope that helps....

IMG_5722.jpg
Ah, makes perfect sense now. Thank you!

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Nota4re, Do you have a powder coat color you used. I'm trying to do the same thing you did. Thanks

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Nota4re, Do you have a powder coat color you used. I'm trying to do the same thing you did. Thanks
Sorry, forgot to answer you earlier... The powdercoating shop uses Cardinal Paint and the powdercoat color is T009-RD01 This is a bright red. Also, it is almost an exact match for Ford's "Race Red". Good luck!

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Were you happy with this color as far as matching as close as possible. thanks
Sponsored