Firecraker Red Mopar Lift & Beadlockers

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
In terms of useful information that I don't recall seeing elsewhere, I purchased both the tailgate reinforcement kit and the tire relocation kit from Mopar. While the reinforcement kit is needed (these 35" BFG KO2's with Mopar rims are North of 90lbs each), the relocation kit is NOT necessary. There's probably a sheet of paper clearance between the tire and the bumper. I do agree that the brake light reloc kit is classy! LOL

Last edited:

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Looks good, did you use the Mopar 2" lift? If so, is this the updated kit for the bowing springs.

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Springs have a little bit of bow, not bad. I am super confident that Mopar (and/or the aftermarket) will have updates/fixes. Not worried in the least. Kit is super nice. I was VERY impressed with the shocks.... and the ride is very good as well.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Did you do the install. If so, I have read that you torque all the bolts after you put the wheels on and put back on the ground. Would that include the shock bolts or just the control arm.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Yeah, we have done quite a few Jeep lifts over the years. The Mopar lift for the JL is pretty straightforward. You can tighten the shock bolts whenever you want but the rest of the suspension bolts should be torqued once the weight of the Jeep is back on it. As an example, even though the rear suspension uses the OEM UCA's and LCA' and just taller springs, the instructions call for loosening ALL of the bolts and then retorquing once the springs are installed and the Jeep is back down on its own weight.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How is the ride before and after with the larger KO2's? I was thinking about doing the same exact mods but in ocean blue.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Did you use the gray collars that came with the kit? Instructions say use the OEM.
It looks like you went true beadlock?

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Can’t wait, I pick mine up Friday and went the same route except I have the black top and 37’s...couple more days.. also, I’m glad I had the beadlock rings paint matched after seeing yours..looks great!!!

Bluegoose972

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red, 1966 Mustang Convertible (rebuilding)
Looks really good. What were your thoughts on 35s vs 37s? Sounds like your experienced and may have some good insight.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
How is the ride before and after with the larger KO2's? I was thinking about doing the same exact mods but in ocean blue.
Very small difference from OEM in terms of ride quality. I thought that the negative impact to acceleration would be EASILY discernible but it's not. It wasn't a hot rod before and it ain't now! LOL. I only have a 100 total miles on the Jeep so I'm likely not the best person to ask.

My strong recommendation is if you're getting these tires - get them in the Ford spec (read Raptor), load Range C and not the more commonly available Load Range E. The C's are almost non-existent right now but I have been led to believe that they will be back around the end of April.

OP
OP

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Looks really good. What were your thoughts on 35s vs 37s? Sounds like your experienced and may have some good insight.
Well, I think a lot depends on your planned ratio of on-road versus off-road as well as where you off-road. Clearly, 37's provide more clearance for extreme off-roading. But, for on-road, I think 37's are just getting too big. Over time, it would likely prompt me to do a re-gear and then if I was doing a re-gear, I may consider new axles.... and down the slippery slope we go!

For my purposes, 35's are just a good choice. It behaves very well on the street and it looks good. It will off-road well when I need it to and I think the proportions look right with Mopar's 2.5" lift. With the 37's ingress/egress is that much harder for everyday driving and I might be inclined to do a slightly larger lift - maybe 4" at a minimum.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Is the tailgate reinforcement installed in these pictures? I swear it had black brackets.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
nota4re, don't know if you saw my post, but my 2inch mopar lift kit came with 2 gray lower front collars.
The booklet that came with the kit doesn't show or mention using them. It says use the ones on the Jeep.
Did you get them in you're kit?
Sponsored