Sponsored

FIRECRACKER RED Wrangler JL Club

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
So, for the ones that got the premium soft top.... how do you like it so far? Noise level, ease for taking it apart and overall performance?

Also, anyone with cloth seats? Any feedback on those?

Mine is in KZ with an ETA in 2 weeks. I’ll report back once I get it.

Thank you and congrats on those awesome JL’s!!!
I got the premium soft top and love it. I had dual tops on my 2013 and the dual top comes with premium soft top so I was used to the material of the premium top. The soft top is even better on the JL. Especially with active noise cancellation in addition. I was never bothered by road noise in my old Jeep, and even less so now. There's definitely road noise, it just doesn't bother me, or I'm blocking it out. the awesome stereo helps. Have not taken it down yet since it's been cold and rainy since i picked it up.

AP_Rubi_18

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR!
I got the premium soft top and love it. I had dual tops on my 2013 and the dual top comes with premium soft top so I was used to the material of the premium top. The soft top is even better on the JL. Especially with active noise cancellation in addition. I was never bothered by road noise in my old Jeep, and even less so now. There's definitely road noise, it just doesn't bother me, or I'm blocking it out. the awesome stereo helps. Have not taken it down yet since it's been cold and rainy since i picked it up.
Great to hear that! Thank you for the feedback. Like you, The road noise doesn’t really bother me since I always open windows, sunroof or take down the top. It bother le my wife just a bit so knowing its better that before helps... but when the roof is off she loves it!

Happy jeepping!

Flowing Creek

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Blue Cherokee Sport, 2018 JL Firecracker Red Rubicon on order
Hey, I need your advice. End of January I ordered a 2018 JL Rubicon in Fire Cracker Red, including a red hard top and fenders. Hard top is good for western Oregon's 9 months of rain, but when the sun finally shines in July I want a soft top. I will take the hard top off and store it. Which soft top is best and where should I get it??

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hey, I need your advice. End of January I ordered a 2018 JL Rubicon in Fire Cracker Red, including a red hard top and fenders. Hard top is good for western Oregon's 9 months of rain, but when the sun finally shines in July I want a soft top. I will take the hard top off and store it. Which soft top is best and where should I get it??
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't order the dual top group. By all accounts, the new premium top is outstanding, dual top would only have added about $1200 (invoice) to your order. Are the aftermarket tops really going to be better and cheaper? I know with the JK, the Bestop was the one to get, but with the redesign, I'm thinking about sticking with factory. I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Reactions: zyt

Sponsored

Flowing Creek

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Blue Cherokee Sport, 2018 JL Firecracker Red Rubicon on order
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't order the dual top group. By all accounts, the new premium top is outstanding, dual top would only have added about $1200 (invoice) to your order. Are the aftermarket tops really going to be better and cheaper? I know with the JK, the Bestop was the one to get, but with the redesign, I'm thinking about sticking with factory. I would appreciate any feedback on this.
I did try ordering the JL dual top but that option would not let me select the fire cracker red body color hard top version. It switched to black.

AustinE

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JLUR (Ordered)
For anyone that is interested in seeing a body color top! Haven't notice too many in the forum.
IMG_0246.JPG
Placed our order for this setup Saturday and were told 4-6 weeks for delivery.
It was really hard to decide on a color, but this picture lets me know we made the right choice for us.
Thanks for posting!

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
For anyone that is interested in seeing a body color top! Haven't notice too many in the forum.
IMG_0246.JPG
Would you have more pictures of this? I'm contemplating body color fenders/top and black and can't hardly find pictures of the painted.

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
I ordered my red with red fenders and top on 2/5. This pic REALLY makes me feel good about my decision.... although still taking some heat from the family who were leaning toward Granite.

Sponsored

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
3 pics on delivery and 2 after tinting 15%, perfect match! Ordered 1/8 and received 2/13.
Beautiful JL! It's pics like these that make me want to go get the Firecracker Rubi at the local dealer that's been tempting me and stop waiting for Mojito.

SKERJLUR

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Firecracker Red
Would you have more pictures of this? I'm contemplating body color fenders/top and black and can't hardly find pictures of the painted.
Sorry I don't have better pictures. I pretty much work sunrise to sundown this time of the year, but I took a couple when I got home from work. I will probably get some better one over the weekend.
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Sorry I don't have better pictures. I pretty much work sunrise to sundown this time of the year, but I took a couple when I got home from work. I will probably get some better one over the weekend.
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
Love it!
Cant wait for mine to get here

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Sorry I don't have better pictures. I pretty much work sunrise to sundown
Ahhh, so THAT’S how you get a JLU with every single option (at least visually) ticked.. :cwl::like:
Sponsored