FIRECRACKER RED Wrangler JL Club

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I finally received my Ace engineering rock sliders. Got them bedlined and then we installed them.

35E9AD0F-ABFE-427E-B12E-536C75D28C95.jpeg

8C05DECD-A588-43F9-9E03-BA00017DE2B3.jpeg

3DF96099-9607-4BB8-8B5F-B2B0D5AA5610.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks great! What did the bed lining cost?
The day they came I was headed to Tallahassee, Fl on vacation, so I tossed them in the back and took them with me. I took them to a place called Minco there in Tallahassee. (My family recommended them). They did the prep and bedline for $150 plus tax. I love the rock sliders :involve:

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
The day they came I was headed to Tallahassee, Fl on vacation, so I tossed them in the back and took them with me. I took them to a place called Minco there in Tallahassee. (My family recommended them). They did the prep and bedline for $150 plus tax. I love the rock sliders :involve:
That's not a bad price but after paying ~$450 for the rock sliders that stings a bit. I'll have to consider options. I'll check prices around here. I'm wondering if DIY bed lining with good prep will hold up well.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not a bad price but after paying ~$450 for the rock sliders that stings a bit. I'll have to consider options. I'll check prices around here. I'm wondering if DIY bed lining with good prep will hold up well.
I think they will look good either way. I just wanted more protection and the day I got them I dropped one on the pavement loading it in the Jeep and put a really bad scratch on it. So I went for the extra protection. The powder coat scratches and scuffs really easily. The hardest part about installing them was removing the bolts from the Jeep. They have special threads to them that prevent them from falling out if they work there way lose. It took 2 of us to get them installed and about 2 hours. Oh and if you are putting them on yourself, the guys at Ace told me you need 80 ft lbs of torque. Happy Jeepin’!

saammm

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and 2018 JL Wrangler
Nice! Is that a JL or JLU? Was at Global earlier today but didn't see it. Been waiting patiently for the first couple of 2 doors to hit the dealers around here.
Its a JL. I ordered it from Global! I was told by them they wouldn't see some two doors at their dealership till October. So i recommend looking out even into surrounding states too see if you can find a two door. But my dealer told me that when the jeep came in they had 10 offers to buy it. Its crazy

Sponsored

saammm

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and 2018 JL Wrangler
Here is Diodide Dynamics DRL coupled with morimoto fog lights.
20180617_105529.jpg 20180617_105555.jpg 20180617_003614.jpg
I just ordered the Diode Dynamics as well! They are coming sometime this week! How are you liking the LED's so far?

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
I just ordered the Diode Dynamics as well! They are coming sometime this week! How are you liking the LED's so far?
I like them but get the highest lumen which is $90. Unfortunately sahara and rubicon dont come with switchbacks from factory. If you notice the fender has 2 bulbs one for drl (outer one) and turn signal which means they are single fillaments each one and switchback bulbs wont work. Diodide originallly had it that way and i bought it and had to return it. Only sport has switchbacks bc is a dual fillament single bulb.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I like them but get the highest lumen which is $90. Unfortunately sahara and rubicon dont come with switchbacks from factory. If you notice the fender has 2 bulbs one for drl (outer one) and turn signal which means they are single fillaments each one and switchback bulbs wont work. Diodide originallly had it that way and i bought it and had to return it. Only sport has switchbacks bc is a dual fillament single bulb.
You mean it doesn’t come with switchbacks for oem non LED package Sahara’s and rubicon’s right?