Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Just my 2 cents…. I wouldn’t waste my time or money on that. If you’re going to spend any money or time on her rig, at least make it 35’s, and a spacer lift….
Honestly, I'm really happy with the Rubi goods that we swapped into my 2-door, which is why I'm OK with doing another set on hers. She definitely won't wheel it or take it offroad, so 35's are not realistic for her.

It really depends on the desired end result.

A lift and 35's will change the way the Jeep drives. A Rubicon suspension and 33's will keep the driving experience closer to stock.

What does the driver of the Jeep want? She will be the one driving it everyday.
I agree. She prefers to keep things stock - like she was not happy that we added a tow hitch, and it's an OEM part I bought off Marketplace. She also doesn't like the whole modification rabbit hole that sometimes happens with these things, which is why I think she'd be OK with 33's and the Rubicon springs/shocks. I've already got a year on mine since we did the swap, and have no adverse affects with ride quality or anything...IMO, it actually rides better than stock. And I certainly don't want to kill the mileage by adding really heavy tires. We just came back from a road trip and averaged about 25-26 mpg, which is absolutely amazing for a brick on 4 wheels loaded with 4 people, a cooler, and luggage.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
She also doesn't like the whole modification rabbit hole that sometimes happens with these things, which is why I think she'd be OK with 33's and the Rubicon springs/shocks. I've already got a year on mine since we did the swap, and have no adverse affects with ride quality or anything...IMO, it actually rides better than stock. And I certainly don't want to kill the mileage by adding really heavy tires. We just came back from a road trip and averaged about 25-26 mpg, which is absolutely amazing for a brick on 4 wheels loaded with 4 people, a cooler, and luggage.
The 25-26 mpg was obtained in your 2.0T? It's not clear from how the post is written which vehicle provided it.

Fuel efficiency like that in a loaded-up four door Pentastar would be a miracle, but I'm also wondering how well four people, a cooler and luggage would have managed during a road trip in your 2.0T two door...which is capable of that mpg figure, but would also be much more crowded inside. ;)

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
The 25-26 mpg was obtained in your 2.0T? It's not clear from how the post is written which vehicle provided it.

Fuel efficiency like that in a loaded-up four door Pentastar would be a miracle, but I'm also wondering how well four people, a cooler and luggage would have managed during a road trip in your 2.0T two door...which is capable of that mpg figure, but would also be much more crowded inside. ;)
:LOL: Trying to stuff all that in the 2-door would be hilarious! Maybe with a basket mounted in the trailer hitch instead LOL.

@Heimkehr indeed, it was the mighty Pentastar! I filled up in Stowe, VT, on Wednesday. We drove home at speeds between 50-70mph due to the roads we were on (mountains, local roads, several heavy storms, etc.). Thursday I ran some errands locally with it. Friday we decided to go down the shore, and the trip computer estimated we still had over 100 miles range left. The trip is about 65 miles each way, so I drove down and even got partway home before stopping for gas because traffic was getting heavy and I didn't want to scramble trying to find a place to refuel.

We traveled 427 miles on that tank, and it took 16.5 gallons to refill, so it gave us 25.9 mpg!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Trying to stuff all that in the 2-door would be hilarious! Maybe with a basket mounted in the trailer hitch instead LOL.
Funny you should mention the hitch-mount cargo carrier. I recently saw one on a two door JK. I don't know what was in the Coleman cooler or the box that was lashed to the carrier, but the rear-end squat on that vehicle was comical.

The driver had his right foot planted, so perhaps he knew he was off-kilter and was just trying to get home. :LOL:

Sponsored

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Just finished up installing the Grimm ARB under the hood twin stage air compressor. The Grimm kit is fantastic for sure. Great install very nice equipment.

985102D3-93CB-4B85-AA47-C27DBB26C756.jpeg

BDFC9331-FF5C-4787-8DCD-B0BC4B41B349.jpeg

938801BC-7CC1-440F-B4D3-7FF1D3389D98.jpeg

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
:LOL: Trying to stuff all that in the 2-door would be hilarious! Maybe with a basket mounted in the trailer hitch instead LOL.

@Heimkehr indeed, it was the mighty Pentastar! I filled up in Stowe, VT, on Wednesday. We drove home at speeds between 50-70mph due to the roads we were on (mountains, local roads, several heavy storms, etc.). Thursday I ran some errands locally with it. Friday we decided to go down the shore, and the trip computer estimated we still had over 100 miles range left. The trip is about 65 miles each way, so I drove down and even got partway home before stopping for gas because traffic was getting heavy and I didn't want to scramble trying to find a place to refuel.

We traveled 427 miles on that tank, and it took 16.5 gallons to refill, so it gave us 25.9 mpg!
We routinely get 25-26 MPG on our 3.6L 2018 JLUS (6spd manual) loaded up with camping gear, as long as it's on back roads where we never get going faster than 60. I-95 has a 75MPH speed limit north of Bangor--now that's a different story. At 80MPH, it's more like 21MPG.

I am pleased with the current MPG, so I am hesitant to go much bigger with the tires when the stock Bridgestones wear out. I never actually go off road, just on rough dirt roads to get to campsites and trailheads. (And through the northern Maine winter, which is reason enough for owning a Jeep). I do plan on getting at least Load Range C tires. I found out the hard way that P-rated tires won't stand up to extended driving on logging roads. One trip, we had 3 flats--good thing someone in our group had a patch kit and compressor! Made the same trip the following year with KO2s and didn't get any flats.

ChrisNC

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
On Sunday 7/18 I flew from NC to Maryland to pick up my Sport S Unlimited from Criswell Jeep in Gaithersburg, MD. I worked with Leon Travis and the process was very smooth!

20210720_104702.jpg

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
We routinely get 25-26 MPG on our 3.6L 2018 JLUS (6spd manual) loaded up with camping gear, as long as it's on back roads where we never get going faster than 60. I-95 has a 75MPH speed limit north of Bangor--now that's a different story. At 80MPH, it's more like 21MPG.

I am pleased with the current MPG, so I am hesitant to go much bigger with the tires when the stock Bridgestones wear out. I never actually go off road, just on rough dirt roads to get to campsites and trailheads. (And through the northern Maine winter, which is reason enough for owning a Jeep). I do plan on getting at least Load Range C tires. I found out the hard way that P-rated tires won't stand up to extended driving on logging roads. One trip, we had 3 flats--good thing someone in our group had a patch kit and compressor! Made the same trip the following year with KO2s and didn't get any flats.
Damn lol we have a 2021 Rubicon with 35’s and we get 15 to 16 at best on the highway .

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL FIRECRACKER RED Wrangler JL Club 13B72D20-E94B-4C3F-BB64-5F32CB6B0B34

After waiting 2 months, with 3 more left to wait, the dealer got one that was so close to my order I decided to pick it up

soon it’ll have some fuel coverts, 35s, with the grill painted red to match, and all the lights will be replaced with smoked LEDs

can’t wait for it to be done

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
13B72D20-E94B-4C3F-BB64-5F32CB6B0B34.jpeg

After waiting 2 months, with 3 more left to wait, the dealer got one that was so close to my order I decided to pick it up

soon it’ll have some fuel coverts, 35s,...
Congrats.

That's my favorite stock wheel/tire combo (they weren't available for my Sport trim). If I was closer to Ontario, and the border was open, I might've offered to buy them. :)

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Forgive the ignorance but what is black trim piece over the hood latches? Where can that be found? I like it!
standard hood latch system for the 2018+ JL.