FIRECRACKER RED Wrangler JL Club

gungadin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
^ very nice. Maybe I'm growing to like the body color matched top a little more too :) Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Btw, how's the process of installing and removing (completely) the soft top? Am debating if it's worth removing it completely.
It's not a big deal. After storing the hard top, it only took about 25 minutes or so to attach the brackets, soft top and windows. There weren't directions, but I found a Quadratec video. Really easy. I imagine taking the soft top off completely wouldn't be any harder. It would have been easier to have someone help me lift the soft top into position, but I did it myself. Not really heavy just unwieldy.
Sponsored

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
It's not a big deal. After storing the hard top, it only took about 25 minutes or so to attach the brackets, soft top and windows. There weren't directions, but I found a Quadratec video. Really easy. I imagine taking the soft top off completely wouldn't be any harder. It would have been easier to have someone help me lift the soft top into position, but I did it myself. Not really heavy just unwieldy.
Thank you for the insight. I'll look into Quadratec for how-to videos regarding the soft-top. Your comment on "unwieldy" has a lot of merit, and truly, is what concerns me. I tried removing the doors one time, a couple weeks ago. And though I enjoyed the drive without doors immensely, I am unsure if I will be doing that process often. One wrong micro-move, and I gouge the paint permanently :(

Did you have any concerns or mishaps with your paint (esp the rear vertical painted skeletal frame in the trunk) when you did it? Any tips?

gungadin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thank you for the insight. I'll look into Quadratec for how-to videos regarding the soft-top. Your comment on "unwieldy" has a lot of merit, and truly, is what concerns me. I tried removing the doors one time, a couple weeks ago. And though I enjoyed the drive without doors immensely, I am unsure if I will be doing that process often. One wrong micro-move, and I gouge the paint permanently :(

Did you have any concerns or mishaps with your paint (esp the rear vertical painted skeletal frame in the trunk) when you did it? Any tips?
I kept the top wrapped in the throwaway cover it comes in until I had it in place and threw a thin fleece lap blanket over the painted posts. The shipping cover is cheapy, but it helps to provide a bit of protection from metal on metal scraping as do the blankets. I was careful, and it didn't make contact. In hindsight, I should have waited for my neighbor to come over to help. With another person, putting the soft top in position would have been truly simple. However my excitement got the better of me. If you take your time and are careful, I think you would be all right. If you can get another person to help attach it (or remove it) that would be easier.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Hey JCo,

Sometimes while driving slow I can hear the tires but overall I did not notice any significant road noise. They are 33" KO2s. JLUR take offs. I purchased them with JLUR wheels too but decided to keep the Sport wheels.

Cheers!
I have the same tires on the same wheels. My experience is exctly the same. They are noisier and a little grippy at low speeds but otherwise nothing noticeable. They look a lot better. Pictures don’t do it justice.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I kept the top wrapped in the throwaway cover it comes in until I had it in place and threw a thin fleece lap blanket over the painted posts. The shipping cover is cheapy, but it helps to provide a bit of protection from metal on metal scraping as do the blankets. I was careful, and it didn't make contact. In hindsight, I should have waited for my neighbor to come over to help. With another person, putting the soft top in position would have been truly simple. However my excitement got the better of me. If you take your time and are careful, I think you would be all right. If you can get another person to help attach it (or remove it) that would be easier.
Thanks again.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JCo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same tires on the same wheels. My experience is exctly the same. They are noisier and a little grippy at low speeds but otherwise nothing noticeable. They look a lot better. Pictures don’t do it justice.
Cant wait till mine arrives I order May 28th and had to get it special ordered with what I wanted so I'm hoping It gets delivered next week. Did you put spaces on to push the wheels out a bit? Wonder how that would look and what size spaces to get. If anyone has pictures with stock rims with spaces that would be great to see a visual

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Cant wait till mine arrives I order May 28th and had to get it special ordered with what I wanted so I'm hoping It gets delivered next week. Did you put spaces on to push the wheels out a bit? Wonder how that would look and what size spaces to get. If anyone has pictures with stock rims with spaces that would be great to see a visual
I did not and hey tuck under the fender like stock tires. I prefer that look but i know a lot of people prefer a wider stance.

Reactions: JCo

SurfingJeep

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport (soon I hope), BMW 335xi M-Sport
@SurfingJeep I was looking around for a 2door... afaik there aren't any in NJ yet, plus my commute is upto 1:30 each way (and read that 4dr was better on the road). I ended up buying JLU Sport S (with dual roof, cos it's NJ weather +tech & cold) from Salerno & Duerte in Summit.
@7Nations Oh man, I'm sure I've seen your JLU on the Salerno lot. They're my local guys, and I've been going through that lot since February, ha. They had a nice Ocean Blue JLU Sport come in right around Memorial Day. I've been seeing more and more JLs in the area in general, which is awesome.

Looks like there are a couple of 2 doors in transit around here, but I'm sure they are spoken for unfortunately. Soon though. Soon.