OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2 Doors Sahara
The rear LED's on the Sarhara look different as well.
Thats a safety concern regarding the color of light of the turning signal, Another market governing change
Sponsored

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Persian gulf area is ridiculously hot compared to what we deal with in the states... Otherwise I'd agree with what you're saying.
I’m never convinced by black leather seats in this part of the world although available and on high demand in the Rubis

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Either way you'll have a cool Jeep :like:

My 2 cents would be to go for the Red Sahara. I'm partial to red though. Sports are awesome because you have great Jeep and somewhat of a blank canvas. With that said, you get a lot of nice features as you move up the range (you're paying for it...) and that Sahara seems well equipped.

Black is a great color, but red is fun and honestly, dirty or clean looks good. It may be a little cooler given the heat as well.

I'm sure you've heard this...go with what your gut is telling you; you win either way.

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either way you'll have a cool Jeep :like:

My 2 cents would be to go for the Red Sahara. I'm partial to red though. Sports are awesome because you have great Jeep and somewhat of a blank canvas. With that said, you get a lot of nice features as you move up the range (you're paying for it...) and that Sahara seems well equipped.

Black is a great color, but red is fun and honestly, dirty or clean looks good. It may be a little cooler given the heat as well.

I'm sure you've heard this...go with what your gut is telling you; you win either way.
One of hardest part of the Jeep selection was the color and once I made my mind finally into the granite crystal (with the big influence being the wife’s opinion...), it was sold. Once u made ur mind on the trim side to go for the sport S and avoid the extra damage to ur pocket, that devilish part in me pushes towards the look, performance, extras...etc of the Sahara...Jeep selection is a very special case with the colors and trims playing a lot with the mind...fortunately, u can’t go wrong with any

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
I may have missed it; did you decide already on your Jeep?

Granite is really an amazing color and looks good with just about any wheels and other accessories. It's very sharp. It's what I originally thought I'd get. My wife actually was the one how suggested red since it was the color of my first Jeep and that if I going through another mid-life crisis, may has well make sure folks know. ;)

I don't have a Sahara, but some of the options it comes with are really nice. You'll end up modifying and upgrading and adding and, and...but that is part of the fun. Making it your own in a time when most vehicles are the same as one another.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I understand that. But, a terry cloth towel isn't any hotter than the stock cloth seats in those conditions. Support is more important to me than seat temperature.
well, I haven't experienced leather seats in that kind of heat, every vehicle I drove over there had cloth, who knows. I haven't noticed a huge difference in the support of the cloth vs leather either.

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may have missed it; did you decide already on your Jeep?

Granite is really an amazing color and looks good with just about any wheels and other accessories. It's very sharp. It's what I originally thought I'd get. My wife actually was the one how suggested red since it was the color of my first Jeep and that if I going through another mid-life crisis, may has well make sure folks know. ;)

I don't have a Sahara, but some of the options it comes with are really nice. You'll end up modifying and upgrading and adding and, and...but that is part of the fun. Making it your own in a time when most vehicles are the same as one another.
Unfortunately, no more for the granite option. Just left over with two exact cars I’m comparing between for the sake of the special price (discounted 7,000 usd). The LED lights, upgraded sound system, easy access; no key needed) are the main extras in the Sahara that are itching me in specific

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Unfortunately, no more for the granite option. Just left over with two exact cars I’m comparing between for the sake of the special price (discounted 7,000 usd). The LED lights, upgraded sound system, easy access; no key needed) are the main extras in the Sahara that are itching me in specific
The added extras on the Sahara are well worth the additional money, especially at the good discount you are getting.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That red Sahara looks really nice. I'd choose that one.

Sponsored

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I, too, would go with the Sahara. As @jayvis said, the extras are worth it especially considering the discount! Either way, I don't think you can go wrong and should have years of enjoyment and happiness with it. Good luck with your decision!

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
This would be a really tough choice for me, I like Black vehicles and I like the Sahara trim. I had a black JK Sahara, and now have a black JLU Sahara (4 doors works better for me with getting the kids in and out).

Have you driven them both. Did one feel better than the other?

I tried Sport S and Sahara, and I just felt better suited to the Sahara. But with the Sport being black.....

It’s a tough call, as other have said, they are both great, and the extra 7,000 for a loaded Sahara seems like a deal.

Sorry that I’ve not been helpful
Good luck!

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This would be a really tough choice for me, I like Black vehicles and I like the Sahara trim. I had a black JK Sahara, and now have a black JLU Sahara (4 doors works better for me with getting the kids in and out).

Have you driven them both. Did one feel better than the other?

I tried Sport S and Sahara, and I just felt better suited to the Sahara. But with the Sport being black.....

It’s a tough call, as other have said, they are both great, and the extra 7,000 for a loaded Sahara seems like a deal.

Sorry that I’ve not been helpful
Good luck!
Drove the Sahara and Rubicon, didn’t drive a Sport, any felt difference?
just to clarify, the Sahara is 7,000 usd discounted and the Sport is 5,200 usd discounted. I’m leaning towards the Sahara due to the add-ons and as the comments endorsed the value for extra money is worthy, looks like a deal breaker! Sahara color if granite, it would be no brainer decision.

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there more isolation with the Sahara? I read something about the upgraded sound system comes with better isolation

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
I'd like to take your opinions as I'm left over with two cars in a special price offer at the local dealership; firecracker red sahara priced at 36,000 USD and black sport priced at 28,500 USD.

Differences:

Sport specs:
7" screen with Apple play
Black rims
Tan fabric seats
Rear sensor with no camera

Sahara specs:
Sahara trim additions
8.4" screen with Nav
Tan leather seats
backup camera
LED group
Safety group
Alpine sound system
Colored fenders and roof

I'd like to know your opinions regarding to what extend the extra dollars worth the Sahara choice over the sport.

TIA.

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg
HHHHMMM....uh Red
Sponsored