Sponsored

Fire result of transmission failure

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
I just read this whole thread. In light of the new recall, does that mean the OP @duramaxjack3d is entitled to reimbursement for his mods and possibly the balance of his loan?
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: yes and jeep owes him lottsa beer money
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That's strange, I got reimbursement for my Falcon stabilizer no questions asked and it was more than $140.

That being said, I spoke to Jeep Wave and the girl told me they will usually put the reimbursement request on hold until a solution is available, at which time they will evaluate it. So, sounds to me like they want to see the cost of their solution and won't pay more than that. I can understand this, but in this case the result of failure is quite bad and they have no solution yet.

I was planning on a Centerforce stage II down the road, so I figured I would look into doing it now. I can't find mention of the Centerforce KDF157077 anywhere on their web site now. Some retailers still have it, but it looks like Centerforce has scrubbed it from their website. I wonder what's going on here?
They claimed I sent them pics of the receipts and invoice in the wrong format. I then sent them in the format they wanted and got an email a short time later saying they dropped the case and would not reimburse me. I tried @JeepCares and was blown off, saying they couldn't do anything about it. Good way to treat a customer that has owned 5 Jeeps since 1993 and currently has 4 of them. I'm letting it slide because it is the first and only bad experience I've had with them, and there are other times they've gone WAY above and beyond. I'd classify myself as irritated, but I've forgiven them and moved on.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
This morning I got on their twitter and sent them a bunch of questions, as they still wonā€™t respond. Then I started dropping pictures of my Jeep in the comments to try and get their attention... I guess I got their attention, just not the response I was looking for. Oh well, Iā€™ve tried everything I can think of besides getting an attorney involved. Which is what everyone is telling me to do, maybe itā€™s time I look into that. Just didnā€™t think it would have to come down to that, as itā€™s clearly an issue with the transmission.. guess we live in a different time and customer service is a thing of the past.
Unbelievable the way they are handling it. Guess I'm never buying an FCA product again.

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
DuramaxJack3d,

I just read about the clutch recall. I hope you get compensation for your vehicle plus mods and emotional distress. It's BS and I'm about to @JeepCares I know there's only so much you can do, and we appreciate it very much, but I need to let FCA know that I don't have faith in their vehicles anymore. I bought my 19' jlur with 68 miles on it because I wanted something that wasn't going to need to be worked on at the dealership. I do my own wrenching, I go by the book on repairs and do not cut corners. Technicians dont get paid well for warranty repairs, so there's no incentive for them to take out a torque wrench and make sure all fasteners are to OEM spec. I know this may seem like a petty complaint to most of you, but my ocd and anxiety keep me up when I know something isn't done perfectly. Sorry to hijack the thread OP but I'm pissed off and disappointed. Keep us updated OP !!

OP
OP
DuramaxJack3d

DuramaxJack3d

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue, 1989 Jeep Comanche 1ton, 1971 M35A2 Bobbed 46s, 2008 Buell Xb12R, 2017 KLR650, 1976 KZ900 Ltd
DuramaxJack3d,

I just read about the clutch recall. I hope you get compensation for your vehicle plus mods and emotional distress. It's BS and I'm about to @JeepCares I know there's only so much you can do, and we appreciate it very much, but I need to let FCA know that I don't have faith in their vehicles anymore. I bought my 19' jlur with 68 miles on it because I wanted something that wasn't going to need to be worked on at the dealership. I do my own wrenching, I go by the book on repairs and do not cut corners. Technicians dont get paid well for warranty repairs, so there's no incentive for them to take out a torque wrench and make sure all fasteners are to OEM spec. I know this may seem like a petty complaint to most of you, but my ocd and anxiety keep me up when I know something isn't done perfectly. Sorry to hijack the thread OP but I'm pissed off and disappointed. Keep us updated OP !!
Thank you! Unfortunately @JeepCares has no interest in me or my family as they clearly stated in my last phone conversation with them. The lady I spoke to had a complete meltdown and began yelling at me as if I sold her a vehicle that exploded with only 8k miles... FCA has no interest as Iā€™ve e-mailed everyone i can find an e-mail for and so far Iā€™ve just been told that since my insurance handled it, that FCA has no interest in covering my losses or helping me in anyway... so as of right now I turned in my loaner vehicle as my dealership gave it to me on goodwill and they have went above and beyond to help me but told me that they can only do so much and that FCA should step in and help.... so far Iā€™ve just been blown off for 3 months now.

Sponsored

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
Soooo in the scenario where I'm driving around waiting for a fix, and clutch blows up and jeep catches on fire, what happens then? Insurance pay out and let them deal with FCA?

OP
OP
DuramaxJack3d

DuramaxJack3d

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue, 1989 Jeep Comanche 1ton, 1971 M35A2 Bobbed 46s, 2008 Buell Xb12R, 2017 KLR650, 1976 KZ900 Ltd
"So far I've just been blown off for 3 months now..." well now, that's a consolation prize..
Iā€™ve never said that a prize was awarded...

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Iā€™ve never said that a prize was awarded...
The "Prize" is that you started the complaint that got the ball rolling; it took all this time, but got results, even though it was stressful for you, .Would this have been taken as seriously if you hadn't pushed it?? That's the reward..you suceeded

Sponsored

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you! Unfortunately @JeepCares has no interest in me or my family as they clearly stated in my last phone conversation with them. The lady I spoke to had a complete meltdown and began yelling at me as if I sold her a vehicle that exploded with only 8k miles... FCA has no interest as Iā€™ve e-mailed everyone i can find an e-mail for and so far Iā€™ve just been told that since my insurance handled it, that FCA has no interest in covering my losses or helping me in anyway... so as of right now I turned in my loaner vehicle as my dealership gave it to me on goodwill and they have went above and beyond to help me but told me that they can only do so much and that FCA should step in and help.... so far Iā€™ve just been blown off for 3 months now.
Wow, I had no idea. You should file a case against FCA with your insurance company. They will get money from them for this massive failure, and hopefully when your insurance wins they will 1. Forgive the total loss and 2. Share some money with you. What an absolute shit show.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I like the clutch and plan to drive it until it gets replaced either way, but Iā€™ve wondered whether the centerforce with the heavier flywheel would help when crawling. If Iā€™m yanking the clutch anyway, Iā€™m not opposed to changing it to make my JL a better crawler.
Even though Iā€™ve regeared, on tough terrain at idle sheā€™ll stall occasionally.

Iā€™ll probably do the work myself... Iā€™m not in love with my dealer.
Hello Jeepjunkie,
We certainly understand your hesitate of visiting your certified dealer. However, if you decide to go this route in the future, please know our team is available for support throughout that process if needed.
Laura
JeepCares

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Hello Jeepjunkie,
We certainly understand your hesitate of visiting your certified dealer. However, if you decide to go this route in the future, please know our team is available for support throughout that process if needed.
Laura
JeepCares
I'm sorry, as a customer service analyst I find this response disturbing. How bout trying to fix the broken system so folks DO feel comfortable & satisfied with their dealer??

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm sorry, as a customer service analyst I find this response disturbing. How bout trying to fix the broken system so folks DO feel comfortable & satisfied with their dealer??
That's a tall order. Not easy finding qualified techs and even harder to find dealers who care to hire a good service dept

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
RECALL - POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

{snip}
Remedy
The remedy for this recall is still under development.
The recall is expected to begin April 22, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is W12.
Notes
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Translation: we're still trying to figure out how to build a clutch. Such new technology is baffling (heavy sarcasm)
Sponsored