Fire result of transmission failure

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have a raider rack and will mount mine there with a “quick fist.” https://www.raiderrack.com/

(The extinguisher will also fit in the mesh pouch on the door for a quick, free option.)
Cool system!

if you want to preserve space on the rack for other items, the space adjacent to the front seats (as shown above) is almost tailor made for the element.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Cool system!

if you want to preserve space on the rack for other items, the space adjacent to the front seats (as shown above) is almost tailor made for the element.
Do you just lay it in there or did you mount it somehow? Do they fit into Mag Lite plastic mounts?

I just ordered mine. I've been kicking this around for over a year, so it feels good to finally bite the bullet and get one.

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Do you just lay it in there or did you mount it somehow? Do they fit into Mag Lite plastic mounts?

I just ordered mine. I've been kicking this around for over a year, so it feels good to finally bite the bullet and get one.
Each extinguisher comes with a clip ... I just attached a small piece of 3M command strip to it and fastened it to the plastic floor trim (picture on prior page) .... no movement at all and easy to pull off

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Each extinguisher comes with a clip ... I just attached a small piece of 3M command strip to it and fastened it to the plastic floor trim (picture on prior page) .... no movement at all and easy to pull off
Great! Thanks! Just got the shipped notice.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I just read this whole thread. In light of the new recall, does that mean the OP @duramaxjack3d is entitled to reimbursement for his mods and possibly the balance of his loan?

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
RECALL - POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

The overheated clutch components may increase the risk of a fire. Additionally, damage to other nearby components can result in debris falling onto the road or a loss of drive, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V124000
Components: POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
Summary
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler and 2020 Gladiator vehicles equipped with manual transmissions. The clutch pressure plate may overheat and fracture.
Remedy
The remedy for this recall is still under development. The recall is expected to begin April 22, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is W12.
Notes
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

fantabulum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Wrangler; 2020 Gladiator
RECALL - POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

The overheated clutch components may increase the risk of a fire. Additionally, damage to other nearby components can result in debris falling onto the road or a loss of drive, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V124000
Components: POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
Summary
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler and 2020 Gladiator vehicles equipped with manual transmissions. The clutch pressure plate may overheat and fracture.
Remedy
The remedy for this recall is still under development. The recall is expected to begin April 22, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is W12.
Notes
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Sorry for being dense, but does that mean they won't even start fixing them until April 22?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

I used a short picture wire to secure the clip that comes with the Element to the seat rail. I like the double stick tape approach too. May try that.

1B9A6705-6757-48E8-8B9C-49E8A1F89362.jpeg

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Nope. I like free and I've been 100% happy with my clutch so far. However, if FCA paid for it and I saw truly excellent reviews, I'd consider it. I just personally don't feel this clutch leaves me wanting for anything in any area of its operation. I wouldn't want to change it, at this point. I'd consider one for my JK, though, if I needed to replace it.
The my Mopar recall page has a link to submit reimbursement if you have already fixed the issue. I used this with the steering stabilizer as I had already put a Falcon on. I'm going to call and see what they say about this, as I don't like leaving this recall unattended to.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The my Mopar recall page has a link to submit reimbursement if you have already fixed the issue. I used this with the steering stabilizer as I had already put a Falcon on. I'm going to call and see what they say about this, as I don't like leaving this recall unattended to.
Please post. I'd much rather dedicate funds towards a Centerforce

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I tried that with my Fox stabilizer and they refused. I can eat $140. Not the price of a clutch and installation.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I tried that with my Fox stabilizer and they refused. I can eat $140. Not the price of a clutch and installation.
That's strange, I got reimbursement for my Falcon stabilizer no questions asked and it was more than $140.

That being said, I spoke to Jeep Wave and the girl told me they will usually put the reimbursement request on hold until a solution is available, at which time they will evaluate it. So, sounds to me like they want to see the cost of their solution and won't pay more than that. I can understand this, but in this case the result of failure is quite bad and they have no solution yet.

I was planning on a Centerforce stage II down the road, so I figured I would look into doing it now. I can't find mention of the Centerforce KDF157077 anywhere on their web site now. Some retailers still have it, but it looks like Centerforce has scrubbed it from their website. I wonder what's going on here?

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning on a Centerforce stage II down the road, so I figured I would look into doing it now. I can't find mention of the Centerforce KDF157077 anywhere on their web site now. Some retailers still have it, but it looks like Centerforce has scrubbed it from their website. I wonder what's going on here?
I am considering the same route, mostly for the heavier flywheel and improved crawling, but some of the JK 3.6 reviews have given me pause.
Sponsored