First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Like the date codes affected which would be nice to know.
When the date codes are released then we all will know. I am thinking ALL manual trans will be affected by the recall. Will involve an inspection of sorts and then clutch replacement.
Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
If it were that simple it would be fantastic but sadly the so-called "technicians" at the dealership cant even seem to install a steering stabilizer in the correct orientation, this recall involves a transmission R & R!

It is that simple. Do you think an oil change tech is going to pull a trans?
I'm glad everyone in your profession is perfect.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
It is that simple. Do you think an oil change tech is going to pull a trans?
I'm glad everyone in your profession is perfect.
As a customer service analyst in Quality Engineering I know for sure everyone ISN'T perfect. My job is to determine the failure mode and figure out if the liability is the customer or the manufacturer & go from there as far as repair. Believe me we have plenty of manufacturing errors and this is for equipment used in the medical and aircraft industries so its a BIG issue. I also have been in the auto service industry ages ago & have seen plenty of stupidity which is why I service my own vehicles. The engineers & quality people at Jeep will try to narrow down the affected lots of pressure plates and recall only those effected if at all possible to keep recall costs/liability down to a minimum. Again I deal with this daily & blanket recalls are the LAST thing any company want to deal with.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
As a customer service analyst in Quality Engineering I know for sure everyone ISN'T perfect. My job is to determine the failure mode and figure out if the liability is the customer or the manufacturer & go from there as far as repair. Believe me we have plenty of manufacturing errors and this is for equipment used in the medical and aircraft industries so its a BIG issue. I also have been in the auto service industry ages ago & have seen plenty of stupidity which is why I service my own vehicles. The engineers & quality people at Jeep will try to narrow down the affected lots of pressure plates and recall only those effected if at all possible to keep recall costs/liability down to a minimum. Again I deal with this daily & blanket recalls are the LAST thing any company want to deal with.
Thanks for being perfect.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Thanks for being perfect.
Did you actually read what I said? NOBODY'S "perfect" & I stated such. Why are some folks on here just to start arguments instead of sharing information & solving issues?

Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Reading and Comprehension are two separate entities, as post #169 , LABLUE so " perfectly" demonstrated...
Ok buddy! Guy mocks service techs/dealerships. Then states he gets mistakes. But yet I have the comprehension problem.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If it were that simple it would be fantastic but sadly the so-called "technicians" at the dealership cant even seem to install a steering stabilizer in the correct orientation, this recall involves a transmission R & R!
My dealership has outstanding techs. They are particularly adept with manual transmisions and clutches. They get them right the first time. If anybody wants to know, they are at Westgate Chrysler, Dodge Jeep Ram in Plainfield, IN. Top notch folks there.

Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Whelp! Looks like I can expect a recall in the not too distant future. How in the world did FCA manage to screw up something as simple as a clutch? It's not like they haven't been around since almost the beginning of the automobile.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I wonder if FCA will offer a credit to those affected that have already swapped clutches?
Good possibility. I have seen in other recalls where they will compensate if you have already done a repair replacement if you used OEM parts prior to a recall being issued. Caveat though is if your replacement parts were not part of the upgraded part numbers before the recall was issued, you would still need to have the recall done.

Also, if you had a replacement prior that was due to your neglect like smoking a clutch, I would not expect them to cover those types of instances.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Whelp! Looks like I can expect a recall in the not too distant future. How in the world did FCA manage to screw up something as simple as a clutch? It's not like they haven't been around since almost the beginning of the automobile.
This is most likely a supplier issue, low- bidder, poor quality friction surfaces, I'd be curious to know supplier origin. Toyota is recalling MILLIONS of vehicles for faulty fuel pumps, so low quality subcontracting is a universal issue

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
They didn't. It was designed by Aisin, one of the most reputable transmission manufacturers in the world. We also don't know that it is a design defect, manufacturing error, or material defect.
Sponsored

Last edited: