Sponsored

Fire result of transmission failure

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
OP needs a lawyer that deals with automotive problems. Definitely need someone on your side.
Dito! I hope you have a lawyer. I remember having a problem with hard wood floors in my house. I screwed around with lumber liquidators for almost a year trying to work something out. Eventually they made an offer that put me in a rage. I got a lawyer. Let's just say they settled quickly. Got a better floor and the settlement paid for everything! Just being contacted by a lawyer changes their response often times. If you haven't engaged one yet I would do so immediately!

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you're ok. I was not understanding how a manual transmission could cause a fire, but after reading the thread it makes sense now. That could had been much worse if the floor had been breached and parts had come though the floor. This is why there are rules in motorsports about having tested and approved flywheels and bell housings. There's a lot of stored energy there and when it goes it really is like it exploded.

Sponsored

Amazonica

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rescue Green, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Dog & Punk'ncon Mom
My heart hurts for you. How terrifying! Glad you and your family are safe. I have no useful input but want to say thank you for sharing. If no one speaks up, very few will know of potential dangers. I respect your initiative and hope for a speedy financial and emotional recovery for you.

myers688

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S 3.6l
Sorry this happened to you, but I am glad everyone is okay! It was a beautiful looking Jeep. What size tires did you have on it?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon
I will say that every 6MT Jeep I've seen that has caught fire (linked in this thread, at least) has been a 2018. Is it possible there was some sort of design/production flaw that was corrected along the line?

Sponsored

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I will say that every 6MT Jeep I've seen that has caught fire (linked in this thread, at least) has been a 2018. Is it possible there was some sort of design/production flaw that was corrected along the line?
man i hope not .... i have a 2018 6spd :/