Fire Extinguisher Recommendations?

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic
Looking for recommendations for a fire extinguisher and holder for my 2019 JLUR. Probably rear roll bar mount would be what I would like but I am open to any ideas. Need for beach and light off road. Soft top will be on so also theft of it is on my mind since it is visible and easy to take.
Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Looking for recommendations for a fire extinguisher and holder for my 2019 JLUR. Probably rear roll bar mount would be what I would like but I am open to any ideas. Need for beach and light off road. Soft top will be on so also theft of it is on my mind since it is visible and easy to take.

Take a look at the Element E50 Fire Extinguisher

They're small, light weight, can be mounted almost anywhere, and have a 50 second discharge time. That's a 4x longer discharge time than a traditional 5 lb fire extinguisher.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at the Element E50 Fire Extinguisher

They're small, light weight, can be mounted almost anywhere, and have a 50 second discharge time. That's a 4x longer discharge time than a traditional 5 lb fire extinguisher.
Thanks for the information Steve. I’m ordering one for my Jeep rear storage compartment.

OP
OP

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I could help :)
Steve I hope they give you a little discount on your next order. I watched the video's, the car fire one is amazing. I just ordered 3 of the longer running ones. One for the house, my work truck and of course my beloved Jeep. Thanks again buddy. Have a great summer

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steve I hope they give you a little discount on your next order. I watched the video's, the car fire one is amazing. I just ordered 3 of the longer running ones. One for the house, my work truck and of course my beloved Jeep. Thanks again buddy. Have a great summer
You're very welcome Steve (I just noticed your name brother!)

As an FYI, I'm not associated in any way with Element Fire, so I wish I could get a discount from them because the Element E50's are $125 CDN up here in the Great White North!

I've had one in my Camaro for about two years now (I do a little drag racing and road course lapping with the car a few times a year), I just bought another one for my Jeep, and I'm thinking about picking up a third one for my girlfriends BMW, so saving a few bucks on them would be nice :)

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Talked the Element one over with a fireman friend. He did not like it - felt you may have get to close for safety and it to be effective. It seems good if you can get a foot from the flame and hold it there,

No thanks, I am old school tank - they are not bad. I went non-corrosive to help save any paint/wiring as well.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Talked the Element one over with a fireman friend. He did not like it - felt you may have get to close for safety and it to be effective. It seems good if you can get a foot from the flame and hold it there,

No thanks, I am old school tank - they are not bad. I went non-corrosive to help save any paint/wiring as well.
2 things with that Hayseed,
1 if the fire is so big that you can’t get near it then you’re vehicle is probably done for already.
2 it is round so I’d imagine you could roll it under the vehicle.
I understand what you’re friend is saying though. I drove past a car engulfed in fire once and was across the street from it about 25-30 feet away, it was winter and my windows were closed in my vehicle. Man I could feel that intense heat right through my car door and window.

Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other thing to keep in mind is that a 5 lb fire extinguisher weighs exactly that, 5 lbs. The Element E50 weighs a little over 1/2 lb. If you're ever in an accident, which would you rather have potentially flying around the inside of your vehicle?

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing to keep in mind is that a 5 lb fire extinguisher weighs exactly that, 5 lbs. The Element E50 weighs a little over 1/2 lb. If you're ever in an accident, which would you rather have potentially flying around the inside of your vehicle?
LOL! I have those thoughts all time with a 15LB Powertank in the back. I just hope their mount holds up if it ever came down to it. I went Element months ago too. Hope I never have to use it.

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I remember in the 80’s a guy driving a van must have fell asleep and hit one of those yellow sand containers the city puts up at the highway exit Incase you miss you don’t hit the concrete wall. His van was loaded with those big oxygen tanks that welders use for cutting. The tanks were all over the highway and the exit ramp.
When I got out to check on the guy he was out of his van and fine. I remember noticing his doors were closed but his windshield was completely gone.
Talk about your lucky day. He must have impacted, his body must have naturally went forward and his head must have went down towards the dash and his knees. In the instant his head was down all those tanks must have flew above him and through the windshield.
Thank God one of those giant projectiles didn’t hit his head or that woulda been on the highway too.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU

Easy fix if you secure correctly. If not it will kill whose ever head it goes through.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
2 things with that Hayseed,
1 if the fire is so big that you can’t get near it then you’re vehicle is probably done for already.
2 it is round so I’d imagine you could roll it under the vehicle.
I understand what you’re friend is saying though. I drove past a car engulfed in fire once and was across the street from it about 25-30 feet away, it was winter and my windows were closed in my vehicle. Man I could feel that intense heat right through my car door and window.
Even if the vehicle is done, you still need to put it out on the trail before it spreads if possible.
Why would you roll it under the vehicle?

I have been trained in using them and have used them, - I see the Element as a very limited application. If anything, I would carry both.
Sponsored