NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, please, let’s drop the Tesla debate. Honestly, we just don’t care. The handful of strong opinions on Tesla are taking this over. The rest of us really just want to talk about Jeeps.

Could a mod help us keep this thing on the rails? @JAY?
You don't like to read about something, then just don't read it. Calling for censorship is seldom a good idea. I've been on forums that were micro-managed like that and they are disgusting.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
You don't like to read about something, then just don't read it. Calling for censorship is seldom a good idea. I've been on forums that were micro-managed like that and they are disgusting.
I’m not asking for censorship. I just want to be able to come to this thread and read about the topic the thread was created for.

I have no problem with discussion on Tesla. Maybe we should just do that in a thread dedicated for it. Perhaps we could start a new thread and move all the Tesla discussion to it. A few posts off topic - no big deal - but if we’re going to continue the conversation for a page or even pages of discussion, should we organize it into an appropriately titled thread?

I’m in this thread to discuss and read about the “fire at Jeep Wrangler storage lot in Toledo” as indicated by the thread title.

Another option... update this thread title to indicate that it’s Tesla discussion?

/Shrug/

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not asking for censorship. I just want to be able to come to this thread and read about the topic the thread was created for.

I have no problem with discussion on Tesla. Maybe we should just do that in a thread dedicated for it. Perhaps we could start a new thread and move all the Tesla discussion to it. A few posts off topic - no big deal - but if we’re going to continue the conversation for a page or even pages of discussion, should we organize it into an appropriately titled thread?

I’m in this thread to discuss and read about the “fire at Jeep Wrangler storage lot in Toledo” as indicated by the thread title.

Another option... update this thread title to indicate that it’s Tesla discussion?

/Shrug/
Topics morph on the internet... Eventually, all topics morph towards guns, cars, politics, or sex... One could argue that since it has morphed towards Tesla, it's morphed to sex since *someone* is getting screwed... :)

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Id

This is what I’m here for. Super curious to hear more details about the fire.

Did you all know this was the second fire they had this month? I guess I hadn’t realized that until I saw this story:
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Monday-Jeep-fire-is-not-the-first-one-this-month-483259681.html
Wow. The plot thickens. Either someone is not having his Jeep sit and taking matters into their hands or something car related happening. What are the chances a parking lot catches fire twice let alone once.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
You must be new to forums, I’ve never been on one yet where someone didn’t move a thread off topic.
Come on guys. No need for condescension. Let’s act like members of the Jeep community. I’m not here to fight, I just want to learn about these fires as I wait (im)patiently for my Jeep order which is stuck in storage.

Yes - forums tend to get off topic from time to time. Just as I said in a previous post. It’s when it turns to pages of off topic discussion (especially when that off topic discuss is focused on one subject) that things can get better by branching into separate threads. Your Tesla conversation will be much richer if other people interested in Teslas know it exists - an appropriately titled thread will help with that.

People are not clicking this link to read about Teslas. They see the thread subject and think they’re going to learn about the Jeep fires. I’m fine with discussion on Tesla, let’s just do it in an appropriate place.

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
You know what I found interesting about the Tesla fire statistics is total mikes driven. 7.5 billion miles for 300,000 cars mean each one has only been driven on average 25 miles. Hell thats hardly a good drive around the dealership, just doesn’t add up. I mean really, is that all Tesla’s are driven?
Your math is off. According to those stats, it is 25,000 miles per Tesla.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You can't really compare the fires on the Teslas to all the rest of the cars on the roads,
@NavyVet1959 , you are a voice of common sense ; your posts always make my day . We needed you in the Army .

By the way , I see enough tesla owners where I live to see they are all a bunch of silky limp wrists with falsetto voices , giggling into their precious phones ; UNqualified for anything military .

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This is what I’m here for. Super curious to hear more details about the fire.
So , please tell us : HOW does a parking lot catch on fire ?

You don't want free-thinking people to talk about tesla fires and tesla crashes into fire engines , you want us to talk about the parking lot fire .

So , HOW does a parking lot catch on fire ?

ANSWER : a tesla showed up .

Last edited:

phxrubijl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
First year of any new model is problematic. In retro spec I should have waited and ordered a 2019. I am still waiting for my Rubicon after 10 weeks. I understand orders for 2019s will be taken in July(Maybe)

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
First year of any new model is problematic. In retro spec I should have waited and ordered a 2019. I am still waiting for my Rubicon after 10 weeks. I understand orders for 2019s will be taken in July(Maybe)
I think September. I’m waiting.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
MY19 orders are to start sometime in August with production starting early October.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Unless this has changed. Where’s the August info on MY19 coming from? Can I actually order come August? September was making it a tough decision. August makes it almost a slam dunk to wait. Residuals on MY19 will be better than in same period MY18. If one is going to lease.

00A6B493-A4D6-4249-A83D-AE86CF286A96.png

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I’m curious about why the 2019 will be better than the 2018. Granted there may be new colors and maybe a few incremental features but the vehicle isn’t changing, the production line is the same the employees are the same and the suppliers are as well. I appreciate we’re moving up the learning curve on build quality but given Jeep is building 20K+ vehicles a month we should be well down that curve long before the end of October. I understand the MY impact on residual value but that’s a trade-off of delaying the buyers enjoyment of the Vehicle. I bought a 2018 JLUR because I wanted it for the Summer of 2018. If I wait until the 2019 MY, I looking at the Summer of 2019, life is short, at 61 I’m getting to old to wait.
Sponsored