First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler. 2018 Cherokee
Occupation
Public Relations
Tesla is an amazing vehicle...costs more to make it than costs to buy it...great deal day 1. While I do fear the company’s longterm viabilty given its not making a profit, and what that could mean for upkeep cost/viabilty of a Tesla vehicle, I look at Jeep and wonder how the F this company has been in business so long (for diff reasons though)

Simple... Jeep can meet production deadlines, doesn’t use snake oil to raise cash and doesn’t burn through a BILLION fillers in a quarter. Tesla has horrible leadership, can’t focus on anything and is the only car company in my lifetime that is ruining its own reputation with investors. Someone will buy it out in 5 years. IMHO

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Relations
Tesla is an amazing vehicle...costs more to make it than costs to buy it...great deal day 1. While I do fear the company’s longterm viabilty given its not making a profit, and what that could mean for upkeep cost/viabilty of a Tesla vehicle, I look at Jeep and wonder how the F this company has been in business so long (for diff reasons though)
Read Monroe and associates tear down of the Model 3. Quality is not the word to use in the build

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Well, this thread got off topic quickly :)

Jeep Chat, as expected, cannot confirm anything about the fire or status of our vehicles.

Has anyone spoken with their dealers to learn if their vehicle was impacted? Safe to assume all vehicles in that storage bay are on hold for now?

Getting closer and closer to canceling my order and waiting for a 19.

Gecko-JKU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko JKU
Have ya'll checked out the Facebook page "Jeep Plant Toledo OH". Sometimes they have some relative information on production and events. Related to this fire, nothing. Just to pass time, you may want to go there to see the characters that have built these things we are lusting over.
I looked... and now I wish I hadn't. There are so many people posting about working double shifts (20 Hrs) that I now understand why random pieces on my JKs rattle and shake...

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Relations

Jeep Chat, as expected, cannot confirm anything about the fire or status of our vehicles.

Has anyone spoken with their dealers to learn if their vehicle was impacted? Safe to assume all vehicles in that storage bay are on hold for now?

I called. They said if there was a problem with our cars, we will get a call and email from FCA. Im not going to borrow trouble.

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Relations

Sorry... I’m tired of this Tesla worship. Didn’t mean to take part in getting this off the rail. I am just patiently waiting for my new Wrangler.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
You're kidding, right? YouTube "gas station fires" and HUNDREDS of videos will come up. Notice the warnings at gas stations to discharge static electricity before fueling? So you can blow up your car by getting back into your car seat, and you're worried about Teslas catching fire?

Also, incidents are measured per billion of miles driven. That removes numbers of vehicles and normalizes the results. There are 55 fires per billion miles driven for ICEs, and 5 per billion for Teslas. Since you don't seem to understand statistics, I'll help you out. Tesla's catch fire at a rate that's 9% that of ICEs per billion of miles driven. You can't spin that data, it is what it is.

I did a search, the total number of Tesla fire incidents I could find worldwide was around 40, and some were due to massive undercarriage impacts that would have absolutely destroyed a typical car that doesn't have the "armor" that the underfloor battery provides. The Tesla incidents are news because it's a new technology. In comparison, there were 174,000 vehicle fires in 2015, and that number only represent reported fires.

The Model X has the highest safety rating of any SUV. Ever. They couldn't even get it to roll over during testing:

http://www.thedrive.com/news/20979/...ly-try-to-roll-the-model-x-during-crash-tests

OTOH-
NHTSA Wrangler ratings (2017 JKU): Frontal driver side 3/5, frontal passenger side 2/5, rollover 3/5.
IIHS Wrangler ratings: Moderate overlap: good, side impact: poor, rear impact: marginal, small overlap: marginal

Jeep Wrangler owners talking smack about safety of other vehicles...that's rich.

I like Teslas. Borrowed a P100D for a full day just last week. Fantastic car, unbelievable acceleration. I like Jeeps. That's why I'm on this site, looking for a JL for my son. But I'm not going to disparage one or the other without knowing what the hell I'm talking about.
According to published data. For 2020 we are getting our EV Jeep. Will still probably roll over because some fool tried climbing a steep embankment sideways. Jeeps don't roll over. Jeepers roll Jeeps. :(

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Look no further than DeLorean.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Simple... Jeep can meet production deadlines, doesn’t use snake oil to raise cash and doesn’t burn through a BILLION fillers in a quarter. Tesla has horrible leadership, can’t focus on anything and is the only car company in my lifetime that is ruining its own reputation with investors. Someone will buy it out in 5 years. IMHO
Yeah, Jeep did a great job with my deadline. I just cancelled my order...moving on. My first attempt to purchase anything Chrysler related...and last

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Read Monroe and associates tear down of the Model 3. Quality is not the word to use in the build
Creating a new company and a new product in an already regulated industry is brutally difficult...they’ve done well...even if they end up faltering/collapsing they deserve praise for trying. FCA...they can’t even build/deliver a 60yr old product. They can thank their lucky stars on regulatory barrier to entry

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Any idea if any Jeeps are leaving this storage facility now, or is it completely locked down for the investigation?

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Relations
Yeah, Jeep did a great job with my deadline. I just cancelled my order...moving on. My first attempt to purchase anything Chrysler related...and last
I'm sorry you did not get what you wanted. Tesla can't meet overall production deadlines... like we are going to deliver 2,500 cars in a week. That's how you stay in business. Sorry about YOUR deadline.. but that's a singular your. To make money in the car business you have to deal with the thousands. Remember, Jeep sells more Wranglers in a year than Tesla has ever produced.
Sponsored