OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Awesome, were taking our stock JLR there over christmas break and hope the weather is good enough to do fins and things.
Nice. It was my first big Moab ohv trip, so we went slow, scouted, and shot a lot of fottage (obviously). And it took us a solid five hours, which surprised me. So, start early if you will be on a similar pace!
Sponsored

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
Took my wife to Moab after she got her Sport. I'd put Rubi springs and shocks on it and 275 Ko2's, other than that it was stock. She had never done any 4 wheeling, she drove the whole route on fins, only scraped the back bumper once. It's a great first trail in a JL.

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Nice! What are those 2 poles sticking up off your roof rack? And, is that a Smittybuilt roof rack?

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Nice! What are those 2 poles sticking up off your roof rack? And, is that a Smittybuilt roof rack?
They're kayak stackers--allow me to put four (or more) whitewater kayaks up there. I should fold them down when wheeling... but I like that they look weird and people don't know what they are. ;) It's actually a Garvin rack. I really like it. I can't remember why I chose Garvin over Smittybuilt or others... but it has great capacity (600 lbs static, 300 dynamic), and no drilling into roof or body or frame required--it strictly uses existing OEM bolt locations. I also have Thule crossbars on top of the Garvin rack, and the kayak stackers are mounted to the Thule bars.
Sponsored