First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
Hi all, after installing my VERY FIRST winch, I went out to pretension my winch line. While rolling back in neutral to tighten the line, my jeep went into park. The message on the dash said autopark engaged. It also did this when I started the winch to pretension the line. The engine was running and I was outside the jeep to operate and observe the winch. Also I have a 19 Rubicon with a V-6 and auto trans. Has anybody had this happen?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, after installing my VERY FIRST winch, I went out to pretension my winch line. While rolling back in neutral to tighten the line, my jeep went into park. The message on the dash said autopark engaged. It also did this when I started the winch to pretension the line. The engine was running and I was outside the jeep to operate and observe the winch. Also I have a 19 Rubicon with a V-6 and auto trans. Has anybody had this happen?
It's a safety that triggers when not in park. If you're seat belted and open a door, it triggers auto park. If you're doorless and unclick your belt, it triggers auto park. If you leave it in neutral to go through one of those fancy car washes, it triggers auto park.

Leave the main shift lever on park and put the transfer case into neutral. That's you ticket.

OP
OP
364pipeguy

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter