Sponsored

Finally saw Ocean Blue and Punk’n in person!!

What is your preference?

• Total voters

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
The original rendering of Punk'n was awesome.

Unfortunately, the paint mixers at FCA must be color blind because the final product looks closer to Firecracker red while Nacho looks to be the closest to the original rendering.

With that being said, if it's between ocean blue and Punk'n, I'd have to go with Punk'n. I really like the black fenders and they just don't have the contrast paired with blue as they do with orange.

Of course I'm totally biased since my Punk'n should arrive sometime this month.
Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
Yeah the renders all made it look like Mango Tango, which is one of the best colors ever put on a Jeep.

However, Punk'n is most certainly nothing like Mango Tango, or Crush for that matter. It's like a dull "burnt orange" from a 1980s Crayola box.
It’s not suppose to look like burnt orange but more like safety cone orange. The pic looks more red than anything.

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
Here's the Punk'n photo from above, compared to my Firecracker photo the day I brought mine home. There isn't as much difference as I would have expected to see between the two.

Punk'n.jpeg

20180413_144925[1].jpg
They look much different in person. Well Punk’n is VERY light dependent so the might look the same under shade.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Punk'n.

I ordered firecracker and couldn't be happier.

Saw a punk'n while at the dealership today. It's a very nice color. Very orange and not metallic.

Punk'n on the truck and firecracker with the same light and phone.

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5056.JPG

dvinemsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sports JLU
Whaaatt??? That's the Punk'n ??? It's so different from the rendering... I thought it would be more metallic burnt orange...Oh maaannn.. My JL Sport is coming next week! Super excited! I hear you can forgo lifts and instead have Nitto Ridge Grappler tires 295x55xR20. Does this work?

Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Whaaatt??? That's the Punk'n ??? It's so different from the rendering... I thought it would be more metallic burnt orange...Oh maaannn.. My JL Sport is coming next week! Super excited! I hear you can forgo lifts and instead have Nitto Ridge Grappler tires 295x55xR20. Does this work?
Yes it is. Obviously opinion, but it looks way better than the renderings. It's very orange, but not so bright that you'll be tired of it in a few months.

I'm not sure what will fit on the sport. I ordered a rubi and I know I can put 35s on because of the fenders and factory lift. I'm planning on 37s with a small lift.

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
I have those same pics from this weekend as the Original poster....Route 18 in NJ.....Still not 100% sold on the Punk'n

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
Punk'n in these photos looks almost red. Not a fan of ocean blue. Now if it was more like a shade of gunmetal blue......
I'm waiting for Jeep to come out with a color called "Desert Camo". Now that would be cool!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I saw a car hauler a week ago carrying nothing but JL wranglers. 3 Punk'n and 2 Ocean Blue were among them, and the orange was like nothing I had seen photos of. It is much, much more orange in person. However, I'm not a fan of orange in general, and I am in love with the Ocean Blue metallic. It is the perfect color for me.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The Punk'n color debate has raged for months on thread below especially with the long delay of seeing one in the wild. The color is very light & camera dependent. Every one of the early pictures made me go back and forth to reconsider my color choice because everyone showed a different color.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/punkn-wrangler-jl-club.3062/

In the end I had to wait to see one in person before placing my order and that is were the color truly stands out and looks sharp. As soon as I saw this one at the local dealer I placed my order...

20180505_105220.jpg

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The Punk'n color debate has raged for months on thread below especially with the long delay of seeing one in the wild. The color is very light & camera dependent. Every one of the early pictures made me go back and forth to reconsider my color choice because everyone showed a different color.

In the end I had to wait to see one in person before placing my order and that is were the color truly stands out and looks sharp. As soon as I saw this one at the local dealer I placed my order...

20180505_105220.jpg
This is by far the best representation of the color in this thread. Lots of pics in the Punk'n Club thread too for those that are curious.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I also was between punk'n and ocean blue. I was lucky enough to see them both side by side at a dealer. I was leaning towards punk'n but told the salesman I needed to go home to pick-up my wife, so she could help me decide. I guess the salesman thought I wasn't coming back and told me to take the punk'n home to show it to the wife and come back the next day.

I took the punk'n home, the wife love it, so we went back to the dealer the next day to put the order (the one they had didn't have the options I wanted) and as I was driving to the dealer, saw myself in the punk'n, saw the orange hood and something told me, this color is very nice, but I rather see an ocean blue hood instead and decided to put an order for an ocean blue!

IMG-20180506-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20180506-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20180506-WA0009.jpg

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I am colorblind - (Duetan which is a red/green deficiency). I like blues, I see them pretty well. My Ocean Blue JLUR is really eye popping to me. Some of my non color blind friends told me yesterday that it has some purple hue to it as well. I'd imagine each run at the jeep plant has different hues/shades of paint. I had to replace the tailgate on my 2015 Granite Ram 3500 and the paint guy showed me 7 color samples from Granite alone! Different mixes, some with more gold flake, some with less, etc. So I would think that most of our jeeps have their own color DNA and probably all look a little different.

WKMCD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I was set on a Red JLUB until I saw the Punk’n. Had to have it! Bought it on the spot last Wednesday.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT

20180505_105220.jpg
I saw a Punk'n Rubicon at the dealer this week, and this is indeed what Punk'n looks like in real life (at least as your pic appears on my monitor). There is ZERO red with the naked eye, just the orangiest orange you ever oranged. And no metallic flake whatsoever, as noted by many others; dunno why FCA still calls it a metallic paint. It's a perfect color for the JL. Ocean Blue and Firecracker are also.

Stop buying white/black/gray people! The JL 'actual colors' are all awesome.
Sponsored

Last edited: