Sponsored

Finally purchased first Suspension lift.. 4.5” RK.. Addt. needed parts help / suggestions

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep JLUS, '23 2500 Duramax, 23’ RAM 1500
Occupation
Operator Maintenance Technician III
Ok, so I went and purchased my first kit today for my 18 JLUS.. I went from wanting to spend $2-3k MAX (since I already dropped $3k on ceramic coated fuel wheels and 37” Ko2’s…and went an ENTIRELY different route…

As far as my current axle situation, they are stock 30 & 35 axles. My buddy ordered 1 tons, and he said once he gets those I can buy his stock Rubi 44 takeoffs. So the axles can be crossed out of the equation. now, based on what is is saying I need, what of the “Required Parts” are needed and what brands or specifically what part / model number do I go with what else I need to complete this kit? Thanks guys!

Preferably the cheapest route at this point if possible.
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally purchased first Suspension lift.. 4.5” RK.. Addt. needed parts help / suggestions 435C47B4-285C-42BB-B2CF-6C893F98AF1B
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally purchased first Suspension lift.. 4.5” RK.. Addt. needed parts help / suggestions 2A147790-B5BB-4B51-89A1-137506FA4526
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I went and purchased my first kit today for my 18 JLUS.. I went from wanting to spend $2-3k MAX (since I already dropped $3k on ceramic coated fuel wheels and 37” Ko2’s…and went an ENTIRELY different route…

As far as my current axle situation, they are stock 30 & 35 axles. My buddy ordered 1 tons, and he said once he gets those I can buy his stock Rubi 44 takeoffs. So the axles can be crossed out of the equation. now, based on what is is saying I need, what of the “Required Parts” are needed and what brands or specifically what part / model number do I go with what else I need to complete this kit? Thanks guys!

Jeep Wrangler JL Finally purchased first Suspension lift.. 4.5” RK.. Addt. needed parts help / suggestions 2A147790-B5BB-4B51-89A1-137506FA4526
First thing I’d plan on if you haven’t already, is beefing up the steering. With that much lift you should flip the drag link. I’d get new tie rod, drag link, and a through shaft steering stabilizer with relocation kit.

OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
First thing I’d plan on if you haven’t already, is beefing up the steering. With that much lift you should flip the drag link. I’d get new tie rod, drag link, and a through shaft steering stabilizer with relocation kit.
And you mean FIRST thing? Even if I don’t plan on heavy off-roading initially? Because yes I saw that was the first thing it says to get but it says for “heavy off-roading” is the steering set up on a stock Rubi vs my sport? As in I know the sport is the little sister compared to the Rubi, but if I can get away with not getting one first I would like to go that route before dropping another 2-3k. But if not I guess it is what it is and I gotta do what I gotta do and commit at this point lol

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

It does mention doing a FAD delete on front axle. Not familiar with these but read what others have stated, you will want to go with RCVs.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
And you mean FIRST thing? Even if I don’t plan on heavy off-roading initially? Because yes I saw that was the first thing it says to get but it says for “heavy off-roading” is the steering set up on a stock Rubi vs my sport? As in I know the sport is the little sister compared to the Rubi, but if I can get away with not getting one first I would like to go that route before dropping another 2-3k. But if not I guess it is what it is and I gotta do what I gotta do and commit at this point lol
At 4.5”’of lift, your steering angles are gonna be out a whack, and you’ll likely incur bump steer. If it was me , I wouldn’t half ass it at this point....I mean you can run stock steering, but that’s gonna be the first thing that’s gonna piss you off.

OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
At 4.5”’of lift, your steering angles are gonna be out a whack, and you’ll likely incur bump steer. If it was me , I wouldn’t half ass it at this point....I mean you can run stock steering, but that’s gonna be the first thing that’s gonna piss you off.
Especially if I take it on the highway correct?

OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And what bushings would you go with? I’ll order it now to get it out the way

E1DBD9F0-F6BD-427A-A60C-8F387EAC7D71.png

OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It does mention doing a FAD delete on front axle. Not familiar with these but read what others have stated, you will want to go with RCVs.
With those parts you just mentioned..do you recommend certain / individual ones I should buy? Screw it im gonna buy it all now and get it out the way

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
And what bushings would you go with? I’ll order it now to get it out the way

Jeep Wrangler JL Finally purchased first Suspension lift.. 4.5” RK.. Addt. needed parts help / suggestions E1DBD9F0-F6BD-427A-A60C-8F387EAC7D71
That’s a track bar , you have one of those in your kit. I’m talking about tie rod and drag link. The brand is up to you, I’m running synergy tie rod and a yeti drag link because I got a deal on them. Just research it, and research high steer, flipped drag link, it will help you understand it better.

OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s a track bar , you have one of those in your kit. I’m talking about tie rod and drag link. The brand is up to you, I’m running synergy tie rod and a yeti drag link because I got a deal on them. Just research it, and research high steer, flipped drag link, it will help you understand it better.
Copy that man! Thanks
Sponsored