Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Using a USB stick is exactly what I do. I leave it plugged in full time. I use a tiny Sandisk Cruzer Fit.
It has over 8 gig of mp3's, I go a long time without hearing a repeat. The Sandisk is so small the media door almost fully closes so I don't run much risk of breaking it off. When I purchsed it the salesperson advised to attach a string to it to permit easier removal.
sandisk.jpg
how does the music come up in unconnect, to choose?
Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
how does the music come up in unconnect, to choose?
I have the 5" radio, if I remember correctly there is a button to browse to location to play from. It's been a long time. Every time I power the Jeep on the media player starts where it let off.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 5" radio, if I remember correctly there is a button to browse to location to play from. It's been a long time. Every time I power the Jeep on the media player starts where it let off.
cool i will test it out on the 8.4 and see

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Using a USB stick is exactly what I do. I leave it plugged in full time. I use a tiny Sandisk Cruzer Fit.
It has over 8 gig of mp3's, I go a long time without hearing a repeat. The Sandisk is so small the media door almost fully closes so I don't run much risk of breaking it off. When I purchsed it the salesperson advised to attach a string to it to permit easier removal.
sandisk.jpg

I will have to look into that..

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
There is no need for SiriusXM. All their music channels pretty much play the same music weekly. Go to any office supply store, pick up a 64GB or 128GB USB flash drive that you'll mostly likely find on sale for under $30, then have whichever one of your relatives is nerdy enough to know what torrents are fill it up with 320kbps MP3s or FLAC files.

Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought the life time subscription about 2007ish. I lost it after too many transfers, another bait and switch. They claimed lifetime of the radio. Well, in February they lost a class action lawsuit and I have my satellite radio back for my lifetime (or until they go bankrupt). Usually if I am alone i listen to an audio book or podcast, but if there are other people riding with me (wife) we listen to the radio. Sirius is good for road trips.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
For my fellow open source Android users. Another option is YouTube Vanced. Basicly this is youtube with and ad blocker. I also pay for the 5$ a month Pandora but having 2 options is nice if i wanna put something on i really wanna jam to.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
XM isn‘t worth paying for IMO.

Mine cuts out in the trees and one cliff area every day on my way to work. When the free trial is over, it’s over.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I just want the Octane Pricing, because it's the only damn channel I listen to, if I'm not on Octane I'm using Apple Music. I left Spotify because they tried to pull some dumbshit with the family plan that had me chucking up deuces and I've been with them since it was an invite-only Beta. I don't have time for stupid games and there isn't a service out there now day that I NEED to have, so hitting that off button is very easy to do with anything. These companies like to think we need them.