Sponsored

Finally Kicking SiriusXM To The Curb!!!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
After having SiiusXM, in the Wrangler, for 2 1/2 years, I finally kicked them to the curb. I've had it before that, in my 2006 Dodge truck, but only for the first 5 years, it was a promotional.
So, today I received a bill for the next 6 months, for $134.57. I called, and had to wait for 15 minutes, until they answered. I immediately told them I wanted to cancel. They then told me that they had a special promotion for $80. I said No. Then an extra special deal at $60, and I told them "No". Next came the limited 6 month offer of $40, still a NO!!. Finally, they said they would offer me the one time 6 month special at $30, again, No!!! "Just turn it off "!!! She said that they would then turn it off, and it would cost $5, for the few days it was still connected, after the end of the last 6 month, "Once in a lifetime special of $30" .
So, now If I travel, I will use Pandora, or Spotify. Much better selection of music, without the repetition, like SiriusXM.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yeah SiriusXM is a pain. There are lots of places in california with no cell reception, satellite radio is good. They do have a few good stations like octane.

what I hate is their pricing. And how you have to tell them to cancel to pay what it is worth. $5 a month. SiriusXM is not worth more than that.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
what I hate is their pricing. And how you have to tell them to cancel to pay what it is worth. $5 a month. SiriusXM is not worth more than that.
I hate doing that dance with them once a year. If they would just set a reasonable price from the get go I would just auto renew and forget about it.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Same boat. Mine is about to expire again at the end of the month. I hate calling playing the stupid games. Wish we could keep it or cancel it all online. Would make it easier for sure.

Octane is my main channel as well. I may keep it if they do the $60 for a year but otherwise Iā€™ll cancel and use Pandora instead.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
After having SiiusXM, in the Wrangler, for 2 1/2 years, I finally kicked them to the curb. I've had it before that, in my 2006 Dodge truck, but only for the first 5 years, it was a promotional.
So, today I received a bill for the next 6 months, for $134.57. I called, and had to wait for 15 minutes, until they answered. I immediately told them I wanted to cancel. They then told me that they had a special promotion for $80. I said No. Then an extra special deal at $60, and I told them "No". Next came the limited 6 month offer of $40, still a NO!!. Finally, they said they would offer me the one time 6 month special at $30, again, No!!! "Just turn it off "!!! She said that they would then turn it off, and it would cost $5, for the few days it was still connected, after the end of the last 6 month, "Once in a lifetime special of $30" .
So, now If I travel, I will use Pandora, or Spotify. Much better selection of music, without the repetition, like SiriusXM.
I usb the phone too.. I have been sirrius free fro 6 months.. the only thing i miss is when i am roadtripping or trailing and out of cell phone reception.. I am then limited to the 4-5 albums i have downloaded to my phone.. I wonder if you could get a USB memory card.. and load it with music and stick in the USB or if it has to bee a phone to read it..

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Mine expired but then the head unit was replaced and itā€™s back again...of course I work from home so havenā€™t listened to it in months anyway. I have north of 1000 songs on my iPhone so good for a few days driving without repetition.
I do agree that if it were $60 for the year or something similar Iā€™d auto renew and not even think about it. Iā€™d rather have the guardian service for a reasonable cost but they just keep sending me reminders that itā€™s ā€œjustā€ $27.99/mo which is insane.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
LOL

They phoned me 1 week after I took ownership of my Jeep.

they said that after my 1 year is up - they would like to offer me another 6 months for $6 a month (but they are offering it right now)

I actually really enjoy SXM so I said YEs and signed up for that price.

But that's all I will pay in the future now.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I turned mine off about a year ago, good lord it was a huge hassle to get them to do it......

They just kept wanting to give me offer after offer, I use Apple Music and itā€™s a shared plan with the family and so much better IMHO

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Last few times I've called I just tell them I want to renew the $5/month deal and they have no problem. It's also good for a year now vs six months it used to be. I just put a reminder on my calendar so that I don't auto-renew at full price and call a week in advance. It's not been an issue last few times like it used to be.

Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I turned mine off about a year ago, good lord it was a huge hassle to get them to do it......

They just kept wanting to give me offer after offer, I use Apple Music and itā€™s a shared plan with the family and so much better IMHO
The easiest way to get them to cancel the service is to just tell them you no longer have the vehicle. Just an FYI for the future

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
I usb the phone too.. I have been sirrius free fro 6 months.. the only thing i miss is when i am roadtripping or trailing and out of cell phone reception.. I am then limited to the 4-5 albums i have downloaded to my phone.. I wonder if you could get a USB memory card.. and load it with music and stick in the USB or if it has to bee a phone to read it..
a large memory stick can hold nearly a bazillion songs.................perfect solution

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I haven't used SiriusXM in forever, since Spotify Premium does the job for me. I can speak only my own musical tastes, but the last time I had it I feel like the quality dipped big time. Got rid of the Punk station, and combined a lot of stations together and repeating a lot of the same songs over and over and over.

If there is a lack of reception, I still have my CD case in my car that I have had since high school. šŸ˜€ Which I guess I never thought to check, do the new Jeep's not have a CD player anymore? I know most new cars don't.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Using a USB stick is exactly what I do. I leave it plugged in full time. I use a tiny Sandisk Cruzer Fit.
It has over 8 gig of mp3's, I go a long time without hearing a repeat. The Sandisk is so small the media door almost fully closes so I don't run much risk of breaking it off. When I purchsed it the salesperson advised to attach a string to it to permit easier removal.
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally Kicking SiriusXM To The Curb!!! sandisk

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Way back about 15-20 years ago, I was heavily invested in Sirius (XM was a competitor back then), with a radio, car dock, home docks, portable radio dock, etc. It was great for my commute to work (I really liked Radio Classics - old time radio dramas).

Then the radio stopped working (it was quite old) and I went online to try and find a replacement. They didn't make that one any more...in fact, they didn't make ANY radios any more that fit in all of my docks. I sent an email to support explaining the amount of items I had that would no longer work with a new radio, and would it be possible to get some kind of package to help rebuild the infrastructure I had. No response. I thought, maybe I'll just bite the bullet and rebuild slowly, went to order a new radio and part of the bill was an activation fee. I emailed again saying I wasn't setting up a new service, I was just replacing a radio that no longer worked; I shouldn't have to pay an activation fee. No response. I called, they said they would check and get back with me. They didn't. So then I noticed that the card on file for my auto renewal had expired, and I did not update it. I did get emails and phone calls from them then. I figured I would respond to them the same way they got back with me... I didn't. They cancelled it for me (eventually).

Having said all of that, I like the satellite radio, just didn't like the lack of customer service I was getting back then. My wife has had it in her car (all built into the system now) for the last few years and likes it, so we keep that going. She traded that in about the same time I got my Wrangler and we now have a credit (from the old car) that will get used once her free trial ends. I am using the trial in my Wrangler. I mostly listen to Spotify, but do occasionally use Sirius XM and may keep it, but I haven't decided yet.

One thing I have considered...her plan includes streaming with the Sirius XM app, which I have on my phone, and it appears to work with Android Auto, in my Wrangler. So...
Sponsored