Sponsored

Finally had a chance to remove the hardtop (1mo old JLR 2-door) - Did you know there's a locator tab above driver?

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I learned something new today - there's a locater pin/tab (whatever you want to call it) above the driver (by where you take the bolt out - top driver side).

Of course - didn't find this out until I snapped the MFr off when my wife and I removed the top :angry:

Interesting enough - there's not one above the passenger side.

Anyone else do this? (I searched - didn't see anything). Is it worth trying to fix myself, or just let it go?
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I didn't do it, but it's just a guide pin. It only has function when you're putting the tops back on. So because you weren't better than everyone else at removing the freedom tops, you now have to be better than everyone else at putting them back on.
Good luck.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Govā€™t Contractor & Gym Rat
I learned something new today - there's a locater pin/tab (whatever you want to call it) above the driver (by where you take the bolt out - top driver side).

Of course - didn't find this out until I snapped the MFr off when my wife and I removed the top :angry:

Interesting enough - there's not one above the passenger side.

Anyone else do this? (I searched - didn't see anything). Is it worth trying to fix myself, or just let it go?
^^^
Could/would you be kind enough & take a pic of the area you are referring to? As soon as this humidity dissipates I plan to go topless. A pic would really be appreciated in reference to what you experienced.
Any additional advice on HT removal? I had no issues w/my other Wranglersā€¦
I guess Iā€™m visual, I need to see it in order to fully understand, lol..
TYIA/Cheers,
B

OP
OP
Sparty

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
^^^
Could/would you be kind enough & take a pic of the area you are referring to? As soon as this humidity dissipates I plan to go topless. A pic would really be appreciated in reference to what you experienced.
Any additional advice on HT removal? I had no issues w/my other Wranglersā€¦
I guess Iā€™m visual, I need to see it in order to fully understand, lol..
TYIA/Cheers,
B
Kinda....sorry, top is put away right now.

BUT...this is where it goes:

Jeep Wrangler JL Finally had a chance to remove the hardtop (1mo old JLR 2-door) - Did you know there's a locator tab above driver? IMG-3159

No other issues - typical hardtop. There are other locator pins on the bottom side - just watch out for those too
Sponsored