Finally got my Jeep and Jeep chat was useless

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So...on Monday I did my weekly routine of bugging Jeep chat support about the status of my 2019 Rubicon Unlimited order and was told the same thing they had been telling me since 12/28, “It’s in the shipping stage. We have no ETA for when it will be shipped.” Then on Tuesday, my dealer called me up and said, “I’ve got good news! Your Jeep just arrived. When do you want it delivered?”

Needless to say, I was excited but frustrated at the total dysfunction of Jeep chat support. Since I was in Las Vegas earlier this week for work, I had to get delivery on Thursday...but there it was, all shinny red and beautiful! All in, I ordered on 11/30/18 and got it on 2/31/19 (could have gotten it on 2/29). Not too bad...now to start making it my own!

**Edit** Doh! I guess I’m still too excited about my new Jeep to care about dates. I got it delivered on 1/31 and it was ready to pick up on 1/29.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I love Jeep. I love their people. I love the robots that help build the Jeeps. However, the Jeep build and shipping tracking systems are pathetic. The staff has to deal with three systems that do not synchronize info.
And not all levels of customer support have equal access to all three systems.
I just wish Jeep would hire a customer advocate/computer program leader and have him develop a great customer tracking web interface.
Hint to FCA: Hire one of the Wrangler forum computer programming members to get this done in 60 days (or less). We, your customer base, will be even more loyal.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Chat really doesn't have access to transport as has been pointed out on the forum many times. The dealer has access to Rubicon VLS that tells them where it is every moment, unless transport is totally by truck, plus updated ETAs.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Customer service in general is terrible everywhere.

i have a tire shop rotate my jeep tires and see them putting an air hose on my tires. i get the attention of a woman coming out of the shop and ask her if she can tell the tech I would like 32 psi in my tires.
She cut me off and says " oh, they just go by the door label mfg spec." I say whoa........in the first place i didn't ask to have my tire pressured adjusted. I also have wider than stock tires that don't require the same pressure as stock.

I'm sure its regular practice to check tire pressure and they see it as good service, but don't think to ask the customer when writing up the work to be done... they probably didn't notice my tires are not what is listed on the door label either.

I didn't want to pay you for a tire rotation so i can stand out in the cold letting air out of my tires and fine tuning things back to where i want them. Most of the time tire shops blow them up to max psi.

OP
OP
RedWranger

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I should probably say that I don’t fault the individuals who work the Jeep chat support line. I am positive they are all great people and Jeep is a good company. (I love the message in their latest Super Bowl ad.)

It’s just that my experience shows how little information they have available to them, which in turn prevents them from providing support to their newest customers. I hope they can solve this because it seems like an easy fix—give them the same access to the systems my dealer has.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I should probably say that I don’t fault the individuals who work the Jeep chat support line. I am positive they are all great people and Jeep is a good company. (I love the message in their latest Super Bowl ad.)

It’s just that my experience shows how little information they have available to them, which in turn prevents them from providing support to their newest customers. I hope they can solve this because it seems like an easy fix—give them the same access to the systems my dealer has.
Sadly, it’s probably not that simple. But I’d also like to see that. Had the same issues with other manufacturers.
Sponsored