Finally got my 35 inch tires on

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Well, Yesterday I got my tires and xd wheels installed. Looks pretty bad ass. I opted for the ridge grapplers instead of the KO2's. I was really no the fence but figured I would try them.
The ride is definitely a little different but not in a bad way. I notice the bumps a lot more.
The Psi is 37 right now because they didn't want my TPMS sensors going off. I know i have to get them calibrated to make them accurate. Anyone know the recommnded psi from Nitto for the 35's on a JL rubicon?
upload_2019-2-27_20-57-3.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Ohh man.. I was hoping for a picture :(

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good to me

Sponsored

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was running 30-32. The thing with the Ridge Grapplers, they’re probably a load range E, so unlike the KO2, which is a C, they’ll be stiffer, so even running a little lower tire pressure you’ll still probably notice more bumps.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was running 30-32. The thing with the Ridge Grapplers, they’re probably a load range E, so unlike the KO2, which is a C, they’ll be stiffer, so even running a little lower tire pressure you’ll still probably notice more bumps.
Yes they are load E. I don’t mind the bumps really. It feels more Jeep like to me. I was originally going to get the ko2 but then changed my mind. I think these look way better. We will see how they perform. Driving in rain scares me more than snow.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Stock suspension?
What offset are those wheels?
More photos!

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock suspension?
What offset are those wheels?
More photos!
Yep. Stock rubicon suspension. No lift. Wheels are 17 x 9 XD holeshot. Don’t know the offset.
I’ll see if I can find it on their website.

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Yep. Stock rubicon suspension. No lift. Wheels are 17 x 9 XD holeshot. Don’t know the offset.
I’ll see if I can find it on their website.
17x9 appears to be -12
17x8.5 = +34

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your new wheels and tires look great!
Thanks. They sure are heavy though. I have the Mopar reinforcement on the tailgate. I can definitely feel the weight in it when opening it. It’s not sagging so that’s good.
I hope it holds up.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Also great choice in tires, I’ve been running these since they came out. They’re a little stiffer but that doesn’t bother me, they’re extremely durable, and perform great off road. I run 32 psi in mine. You should calibrate your speedometer if you haven’t already . The tazer jl mini is what I have if you have this programmer the setting is 34.73 I believe. This will get your shift points back to where they need to be, and a more accurate read out on your gas mileage, you can also lower your tpms sensor with tazer, so it doesn’t aggravate the crap out of you. :)
doesn't the taser void warranty because they can tell if you've had one plugged in? I just figured I would go to the dealer and have them calibrate.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
doesn't the taser void warranty because they can tell if you've had one plugged in? I just figured I would go to the dealer and have them calibrate.
I’m not sure about the warranty, but if you unmarry and remove it before you take it in, Jeep goes back to factory settings. That’s what I do just in case. And don’t mention it. I’ve had mine in several different times and no issues. The dealer is going to charge you a couple hundred bucks and use it once , for another hundred you’ll have something you can do a lot more things with, like disable stupid auto stat/stop unless you like using it. If you reach out to @Rhinebeck01, he’s really knowledgeable on this, can explain it better than I can, but it’s super easy, trust me if this old caveman can do it, anyone can. :)

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure I like the 35s yet. I love the way they look, just driving seems a little different. I suppose the recalibration may help that. It's only been one day. I'll have to drive it a bit more.
I am a little concerned about extra wear and tear because of the weight and rotational mass, but was assured it should be a non issue because 35s aren't too bad.
Sponsored