Sponsored

Finally getting the order started!

Erimikos

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR pending assembling... 06 Mustang GT, 03 Silverado 2500HD...
I know its a somewhat long post, but what can I say, I am excited!

So, after talking about it for years with my wife and driving her a little nuts, researching this forum like crazy, and drooling all over Lite Bright and [Banned Site]'s channels on Youtube, I am getting started ordering my 2019 JLUR.

I reached out to 2 dealerships internet sales departments in the area (Kansas City), as well as Kim at Superior Jeep in AR and we will see what happens. I will report on the Recommended Dealers thread whatever the results are.

Below is what I am ordering. Any last minute thoughts on options I should skip, add, or considerations on those? I am looking for a daily driver that I can take for some serious off-road every now and then.

I don't have a ton of off-roading history, which is why I went with the Automatic. Its easier to handle in mud, and the hill descent control could be nice as well. LED Lighting because.. well.. those lights are awesome from all reports compared to the Halogens. Trailer group is added only for the auxillary switches and better Alternator/Battery. Cold Weather Group because... well.. Ice happens. Steel Bumper group to avoid needing aftermarket ones for a while. I know I will need a winch mount plate to get one in there, but it can support it, and I like the look.

Granite color I would think shouldn't show the dirt too bad, but looks awesome. Hard-top I was torn on, but black so its easier to fix/hide any scratches, and personally I think just looks better. Thats why I did not go with the painted fenders, although I think they look better... And I dont want to have to replace the top every several years though, so this is the way to go. Plus the wife likes that one better.

Cloth Seats - Durability... Harder to clean, but there are no major temperature issues either in the heat or cold, both of which we have here. And, its not worth the extra cost just to make them more uncomfortable and easier to clean.

The 7 Inch display I was really torn on. I am worried that the bottom of the bezel will drive me nuts as it constantly points out there COULD be more display... and off-road-pages, which looks awesome, seems to be on the 8 inch only... Granted everything on it is on different displays without off-road pages, but it would be nice to have all in one without changing the gauge cluster.
  • Year: 2019
  • Make: Jeep
  • Model: Wrangler JL Unlimited
  • Trim: Rubicon
  • Powertrain
    • 3.6L V6
    • 8 speed Automatic Transmission
    • 4.10 Axle Gear Ratio
  • Packages
    • LED Lighting Group
    • Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
    • Cold Weather Group
    • Steel Bumper Group
  • Exterior
    • Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint
    • Black Freedom Top 3-Piece Hard Top
    • 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Polished Wheels w/Black Sidewall lettering
    • Black SideWall Tires
  • Interior
    • Premium Cloth Low Back Bucket Seats – Black
    • All-Weather Floor Mats
    • Uconnect 4 with 7-Inch Display. (Price out option with 8 inch display as well please as this is a consideration... do not need Alpine system)
Sponsored

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
How did it go contacting those dealers? I am moving to Manhattan, KS and am looking to order a JLU so it will be ready by time I get there in Jan.

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
OP
OP
Erimikos

Erimikos

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR pending assembling... 06 Mustang GT, 03 Silverado 2500HD...
Finially got a build date!

Of... TOMORROW!

So excited! I do expect a month+ before it gets to the dealer, but knowing it actually exists is a huge jump over just having a VIN and knowing they were getting parts together...

Is kind of fun to know that as of right now it exists... Just in 10,000 tiny little pieces all over the place, and that likely my engine and individual components are assembled and in line to be loaded into the assembly line as I type this...

I ended up ordering through Kim at superior jeep in Conway, AR. None of the local dealers that I talked to could touch that offer.

It is a bit of a drive, but will be worth it.

TwoPutt

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Rubicon
This is my first post and signed up just to help anyone else in the KC area looking to buy a new Wrangler. I've lurked in these forums for many months before I signed up. These forums are super helpful with a lot of great information and knowledgeable people. Thanks everyone for all the good information.

In the KC area I've had zero luck with any of the dealerships on a good deal. Most play the sales pressure game where you have to be on-site, test drive, sit with the sales rep and play with all the numbers. They make all the great quotes like they are a volume dealership, or have great repeat business, etc. None that I dealt with really wanted to work with a customer who knows a lot about Jeeps, knows exactly which model down to the MFG codes, and what it should cost. Very few wouldn't really deal through email either. My experience is that of the dealers I worked with they won't go below invoice. I tried Olathe DCJR, Reed, Victory, State Line, and even Lee's Summit Dodge. There were a couple others in KC area but after the bad experiences I was having here locally I decided to try someone out of state with an email. The best offers I had were from Reed and Olathe DCJR and that was basically at invoice and they made me feel like I was really hurting them to get that price.

When I would tell them that I can pretty easily get 3% below invoice outside of KC with just an email but I wanted to stay local if possible. I was told they didn't believe me, or that "those dealers are messing up the market", and even one salesman at Olathe DCJR told me "...I'm getting the deal of the century". What I'm probably most shocked about is that these dealerships are really not in touch with today's buyers who are a lot more savvy thanks to sites like this one. Maybe there are still a lot of people in the KC area getting hoodwinked with this old-school sales process or people just want a Wrangler so badly they don't care if they leave money on the table.

I'm posting this not to talk bad about these KC dealers but hopefully save someone else time, frustration, and money. If you are in the KC area and looking for a below invoice price on a new Wrangler, you have to go outside KC. By outside KC, I mean St. Louis, Nebraska or Arkansas. I think Lee Summit and Reed are both on the map as below invoice dealers but that was not my experience.

I ended up doing what Erimikos did and sent an email to Kim at Superior Jeep in Conway, AR. Wow, what a difference. She has been incredible so far. I'm getting ~6% below invoice on a 2019 Rubicon configured just like I want. Yes, I have to wait to get it from FCA, but I'm willing to do that to get exactly what I want at a great price/experience.
Sponsored