Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
After looking at many used Wranglers, and understanding the prices I decided to buy new. Then after a couple false starts with new Jeep dealers, I found the Jeep along with a dealer that didn't act stupid. So FNG gets his very first Jeep. I've got a lot to learn, but having a ball so far.

Jim

46964305325_de0a09bfd5_k.jpg
100_4759 by

40914067453_d36c825ba4_z.jpg 100_4760 by
Sponsored

Last edited:

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome and enjoy!!

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Body color flares with a black roof, solid choice!

And sting gray too!
Yes sir JT. Sting Gray was high on our list. It was just luck I found this one with every option minus one that I wanted. The one I wanted a "head liner" is being shipped as I type this. And, again with luck I found the HotHead web site. A much better head liner than the factory one IMHO.

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
We went the same route. To get a recent JK it was nearly the same as buying new, so we just went new.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
We went the same route. To get a recent JK it was nearly the same as buying new, so we just went new.
Hagie, that was exactly the reason we went new. It's amazing how the Wranglers hold their value. Three, and four year old 2 doors with over 50K miles were anywhere from 21- 24K, and add a couple thousand more for the 4 doors. I just couldn't see the downside of buying new.

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
I waited several months until some used 18s were in nearby states. But in the end went with a 19, local dealer offers lifetime warranty on powertrain and axial, also 5% below invoice on an order. Best deal I could get in area.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I waited several months until some used 18s were in nearby states. But in the end went with a 19, local dealer offers lifetime warranty on powertrain and axial, also 5% below invoice on an order. Best deal I could get in area.
That's a heck of a deal right there.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Honestly, this sounds like a great deal from a great dealer.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
That's a heck of a deal right there.
I hope you’re right. Sounds like the free lifetime warranty on “everything that gets lubricated” I got on my JLU a couple of months ago.
It’s from a company called NWAN. The warranty is called “Warranty Forever”. I have researched them a bit and am not pleased so far.
They seem to be bigger in RVs than passenger vehicles, but they have a terrible reputation and rating with the BBB.
I’m required to get all service, including oil changes, done at the dealership I bought from, or warranty is void. Service from anyone else must be pre-approved each time. With the RVs, one is required to get an annual inspection at the dealer, which costs several hundred dollars.
Not sure if I’m required to do that, but I’m sure I won’t.
Worse, they don’t seem to pay a lot of the time.
I haven’t looked into it too deeply yet, since I have the factory warranty for 3 years, but it smells like a scam to me so far.
Since I paid nothing for it, I won’t be too upset if that’s what it turns out to be worth.
We are dealing with car dealers, after all. Expect dishonesty, and you’re unlikely to be disappointed.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you’re right. Sounds like the free lifetime warranty on “everything that gets lubricated” I got on my JLU a couple of months ago.
It’s from a company called NWAN. The warranty is called “Warranty Forever”. I have researched them a bit and am not pleased so far.
They seem to be bigger in RVs than passenger vehicles, but they have a terrible reputation and rating with the BBB.
I’m required to get all service, including oil changes, done at the dealership I bought from, or warranty is void. Service from anyone else must be pre-approved each time. With the RVs, one is required to get an annual inspection at the dealer, which costs several hundred dollars.
Not sure if I’m required to do that, but I’m sure I won’t.
Worse, they don’t seem to pay a lot of the time.
I haven’t looked into it too deeply yet, since I have the factory warranty for 3 years, but it smells like a scam to me so far.
Since I paid nothing for it, I won’t be too upset if that’s what it turns out to be worth.
We are dealing with car dealers, after all. Expect dishonesty, and you’re unlikely to be disappointed.
I get it Joe. Could be more show than go. I bought an extended warranty on a new Ford quite a few years ago, and when I finally got around to checking it was a third party warranty instead of Ford ESP. I was a bit pissed as it was a lot like the one you mentioned. You had to jump through hoops if you needed warranty work. Good luck, I hope it works out. But as you say, didn't cost nothing.

I wanted an extended warranty on this new JL, and the dealer I bought it from wanted $2100 for a 5/60 100 deductible max care. Thankfully I had already been trolling this forum, and called Clay at Robbins motors. He saved me 1400 bucks for the same warranty. As the old saying goes, "Momma didn't raise no fool".
Sponsored