First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I'm not making any claims, you were. I just want you to back them up.
Sponsored

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm not making any claims, you were. I just want you to back them up.
You said:
I've never gone in my Wrangler somewhere that a similarly equipped 4Runner wouldn't go.
To which I replied:
You haven't gone, many others have.
I haven't attacked you, I simply stated that in spite of your personal experience, many Jeeps do go to places where a 4Runner couldn't.

Isn't it clear what I meant? Did I say anything crazy controversial?

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So you're a part of the group of people that needs to belittle others to make themself feel good? Or am I misunderstanding you?
This was sarcasm. I was making a point — that people always seem to see the world as their group vs other groups.

Also, please don’t make part of what I said bold when I didn’t do that in the first point. That’s not accurate.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I dont feel attacked. I just asked you to fill in the blanks, who are the many people in the many Jeeps and where are the many places they can go that a similarly equipped 4Runner can't or hasn't? Nothing controversial, just clarify.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I dont feel attacked. I just asked you to fill in the blanks, who the many people are in the many Jeeps and where are the many places they can go that a similarly equipped 4Runner can't or hasn't? Nothing controversial, just clarify.
Ha, I know this isn’t what you were expecting, but there is one such place I can think of. I live in Manhattan and need to park on the street. One big bonus of a 2 door Wrangler is that it’s only 166” long. A 4Runner is 190”. That’s 2 feet longer. It’s the difference between spending 10 min & 45 min (or more) looking for a spot. Ha, but again, that’s surely not what you were thinking. Important to me though.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This was sarcasm. I was making a point — that people always seem to see the world as their group vs other groups.

Also, please don’t make part of what I said bold when I didn’t do that in the first point. That’s not accurate.
You are right, it is not accurate and I apologize for misrepresenting your post. I also need to recalibrate my sarcasm meter.

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I had a 2018 4Runner TRD Off Road, lift, wheels, tires, lift. It couldn't go where my JLUR can without using all bypasses. Winched twice, threw a bead once, used all bypasses on one trail alone. My god the nannies in the 4Runner are obtrusive bordering on annoying. All the fancy electro-gizmos made it sound like it was falling apart. Upper Rock Bottom, Shredder Bowl, Rocky Gap, Bronco Falls, Hidden Canyon, few trails that escape me now down in AZ. It did "better" than I thought it would but I was at it's limits whereas the Jeeps I was with took all the hard lines nary a hiccup. Maybe my wheeling is different, I don't know. I can't comment on the Bronco but I would guess a step or two above the 4Runner and few below a Rubicon. I don't have to debate between a T4R and JLUR, I've owned and wheeled both. Built both, experienced both. I can't say the 4Runner once modified had anything really better except a slightly smoother ride on washboard roads. Oh, and I could put a bit more crap in the back.

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I always hesitated buying a Wrangler even though I wanted one for many years. I kept telling myself , I'll regret it because of it's build quality so I never pulled the trigger. So, I began driving 4runners. Great vehicles, but man are they boring! To me, a large part of owning a vehicle is how good it makes me feel. I felt great driving the 4runner, until I spotted a Chief Blue Wrangler Unlimited Altitude on my local dealer lot. I was instantly in love and threw all my cautions out the door and traded. I've never once thought regret and have since had 2 more Wranglers and will be on my 4th when the '22 arrives. It's just so much damn fun, absolutely nothing compares. All others who have tried to compare, fail or are envious.

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
Long post,

I recently test drove one at my local Ford dealer. This is completely unbiased. I don’t even understand what the bronco models are available. This local dealer also had a 4 door model to drive but I passed on that one, it had the smaller 4 cyl engine. I wanted to drive the 6. ( I have owned a 2018 JLUR which we off road, recently sold it to my daughter, and have 392XR on order now). Actually I am glad I had the opportunity to drive the bronco. Of course it was only on the street. But I found it to drive and steer very nice compared to the Jeep. Visibility was slightly better. Not totally better but it was better. Smooth ride, softer. No big surprise with the nonsolid axle up front. That where everything ends. It was slower. I did floor it and try that out in different situations. The wind noise was noticeably more Which I thought was interesting. I liked the Jeep’s radio better. I have the 8.4 alpine system in our Jeep. Gas mileage was 17 mpg not really different at all. I didn’t like the gauges, they are not bad, I just like the jeeps better. Competition is good. I am positive the 392 or the XR would have never seen the light if day if not for the bronco, but I personally like the Jeep better in my 3.6 rubicon Configuration. I can’t wait to get in my 392XR!
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally a very neutral and fair enough Bronco vs Wrangler comparison F678FFC4-6721-49F6-A93D-80944B130155
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally a very neutral and fair enough Bronco vs Wrangler comparison DD746511-D2E3-47C1-9386-9FA5A8856382
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally a very neutral and fair enough Bronco vs Wrangler comparison 84A3EBC5-E796-4F02-A340-3954B0FBCC6C
Sponsored