Sponsored

Filling space between fenders and body

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The foam rod works but it eventually will work loose. It probably is wind and fender expansion and contracting from temp fluctuations. I stopped trying to push the rod back in after 4-5 months and removed it all together.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The foam rod works but it eventually will work loose. It probably is wind and fender expansion and contracting from temp fluctuations. I stopped trying to push the rod back in after 4-5 months and removed it all together.
I had this issue with the smaller diameter hollow tubing. I removed it and went with the larger solid core and have had no issues since. It’s stayed perfectly in place for quite a while with no maintenance.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yup. Easy fix. Will definitely keep debris out. It’s a simple pull, peel, and reapply if I need to replace the fender ever. I’ve used black caulk on my Yukon with satisfying results, so it ain’t my first rodeo with it. 😉
I’d like to see that when you’re done. Because frankly, no offense intended, that sounds like it will look like 💩 I’d like to see that my thoughts about it are wrong. Post pics please.

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Yup. Easy fix. Will definitely keep debris out. It’s a simple pull, peel, and reapply if I need to replace the fender ever. I’ve used black caulk on my Yukon with satisfying results, so it ain’t my first rodeo with it. 😉
Either simply brilliant or simply ridiculous. I too would like to see pictures.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’d like to see that when you’re done. Because frankly, no offense intended, that sounds like it will look like 💩 I’d like to see that my thoughts about it are wrong. Post pics please.
Either simply brilliant or simply ridiculous. I too would like to see pictures.
To thee of little faith….I shall post pictures and it will blow your mind. 😅

I don’t even have my Jeep yet though, so it’ll be awhile. 😉

Sponsored

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic
The foam rod works but it eventually will work loose. It probably is wind and fender expansion and contracting from temp fluctuations.
A small dab of Goop or E6000 sealant at each end of the tubing will hold the tubing in place, tested over thousands of miles.
These clear adhesives can be peeled off without damage to the paint, allowing the tubing to be removed for cleaning or adjustment of the tubing.
The tubing has done a great job of keeping the fender gaps clean.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I had this issue with the smaller diameter hollow tubing. I removed it and went with the larger solid core and have had no issues since. It’s stayed perfectly in place for quite a while with no maintenance.
Something like this, right? I've yet to get around to it myself.
Jeep Wrangler JL Filling space between fenders and body Screenshot_20200626-120047_CM Browser

Deleted member 59498

I can't caulk my bathtub correctly, would hate to see my jeep after I got done. They make it look so easy also!