First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Not watching the video isn't stupid, but downvoting it based on the others comments here is. Which is exactly what you said you did.
I would typically agree with you on the downvote - but note the quote in my comment. They didn’t give the Jeep a chance, so I wasn’t going to give them a chance. I’ve been around enough media outlets, seen enough anti-America sentiment from Euro media, and along with the previous member comments to have an opinion. Didn’t you see my smiley face, geesh - wasn’t expected to be called stupid on a Jeep forum defending Jeeps, lol
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Probably biased towards the Defender or something?

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Can you rip the top off a Land Rover in 2 minutes?

Yeah... I bought a Jeep cause I wanted a convertible and a vehicle that could handle a foot of snow.

the rest of it is just noise.

thez06

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just surprised they didn’t post the quarter mile time or lateral acceleration. :facepalm:

YerMaun

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUS, '15 JGC SRT, '11 R8 V10, '05 Mustang GT
They're not wrong about what they say, the Wrangler makes little sense back in Blighty. But it's still lots of fun, we all love ours - that's all that matters in the end.

Btw for you folks that don't know these people - the whiny guy who scored it 1 is Jason Plato, one of the all time best touring car racing drivers. He's still racing at top level, and famously takes no prisoners when it comes to his overtakes. The lady (Vicky Butler Henderson) is also a very accomplished racing driver, and the driver Karun Chandhok is an actual F1 racer. Not relevant for driving Wranglers of course, but that's who they are :)

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
They're not wrong about what they say, the Wrangler makes little sense back in Blighty. But it's still lots of fun, we all love ours - that's all that matters in the end.

Btw for you folks that don't know these people - the whiny guy who scored it 1 is Jason Plato, one of the all time best touring car racing drivers. He's still racing at top level, and famously takes no prisoners when it comes to his overtakes. The lady (Vicky Butler Henderson) is also a very accomplished racing driver, and the driver Karun Chandhok is an actual F1 racer. Not relevant for driving Wranglers of course, but that's who they are :)

If their names ain't Ricky Bobby or Cal, then they ain't nobody.

If you ain't first, you're last. ;)

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Other than the subjective scores at the end, nothing they said was necessarily wrong. It's a two door Wrangler. It is loud, The back seat isn't really meant for adults. They complained about the power, and with 4 adults it will feel more sluggish (no matter the power train). Look at how many people in this forum complain about the steering. I don't understand why they were complaining about the location of the subwoofer, because you probably shouldn't be putting a dog behind the back seat.

Its a 2 door Wrangler, it comes with a lot of compromises compared to other vehicles. And I love mine.
Exactly. The steering IMO is horrible. Theres no doubt about it. I think the majority of those that dont think so are either in denial or just don't know what good steering.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not everyone deserves a Jeep.
Prius wannabe fanboys definitely don't. lol

empty pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I gave up on unbiased reviews when I saw one on Amazon that said “this is a great shirt and well made. I would have given it 5 stars but I ordered the wrong size and it didn’t fit. Therefore 2 stars “

Same thing here, Wankers.... if you want to seat 4 adults, buy the large size, not the small.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Would have been hilarious if they hit the water harder or in the right angle to flood the intake/engine and kill it.

Sizona

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JL Rubicon 2 dr
I am a UK owner in London with a Punk'n JL Rubicon which I really love.
Uprated sports exhaust and bestop soft top.
I saw the 5th gear when it was broadcast originally last year. The show itself has some good features occasionally, though as others have said they were never gonna like the Wrangler right from outset. I thought it was a useless bit of reporting.
They def did not get it!
I get so many positive compliments when I am in it.
So seems some people do understand its an off roader, which looks great, is fun etc

Sizona

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JL Rubicon 2 dr
Here's some much better UK reviews

CAR WOW

CAR BUYER

At least others in the UK love the Jeep as much as I do...

Paul
By coincidence I found my JL by way of Car Wow. Great deal

kennware

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 Ocean Blue Metallic
Jesus wept, that was an unbearable watch...! Matt from CarWow is one of the few seemingly unbiased and well informed car journalists about IMO.