Sponsored

Fifth Gear says Wrangler sucks

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Fair enough, they pretty much admitted themselves that they "just don't get it!"

Plus 4 grown adults in a 2 door is never going to cut it so a bit of an unfair test anyway.

Us Brits are are a hard bunch to please ;)

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Other than the subjective scores at the end, nothing they said was necessarily wrong. It's a two door Wrangler. It is loud, The back seat isn't really meant for adults. They complained about the power, and with 4 adults it will feel more sluggish (no matter the power train). Look at how many people in this forum complain about the steering. I don't understand why they were complaining about the location of the subwoofer, because you probably shouldn't be putting a dog behind the back seat.

Its a 2 door Wrangler, it comes with a lot of compromises compared to other vehicles. And I love mine.

Sponsored

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it depends on who the four adults are but you could be talking 1000lbs of people. That's about 25% of the weight of the empty vehicle. Of course it's going to make for sluggish performance. But as a grown up these days I've stopped expected objective opinions from any source.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Fifth Gear is like the wannabe version of the old Top Gear with Clarkson, May and Hammond. Think of it as a group of ok but no real talent people that happen to have a tv show. I'd rather watch TFL on YouTube. And that says all you need to know...

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I also notice at the beginning they showed stats, they listed it with 200hp, So they must have been using the 2.2L diesel.

upload_2020-2-25_9-3-51.png

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Classic confirmation bias.
For sure and similar criticisms of a Land Rover would be described as ‘character’.

It’s true that they don’t ‘get it’, the U.K. has no market for an off roader like the Wrangler, Jeep only sells a few hundred per year here. This is also why the new Defender was never going to have serious off road capabilities, there’s no demand for it.

Mangoman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
I didn’t think people actually sat in the back seat of a two door after high school.
In my old JK 2 door I took out the back seat the day I bought it. More room for my dog.
Sponsored