fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hi, I see you don’t have a stock rear bumper. Was the Gobi rack ordered for your bumper type or did a stock bumper Gobi rack just fit?
Just asking because I want a Gobi rack and an AEV rear bumper. Gobi told me the rack wouldn’t fit a stock rear and an AEV rear due to bumper mounting issues. AEV rear won’t be available for a long time so I’m in a quandary.
Hey Jon! So when I ordered the Gobi rack for my JL, I didn't have any plans for an aftermarket bumper besides the stock metal rear bumper. However since there is a long wait for the Gobi, plans changed and we went with the tough WARN Elite Rear bumper. We installed the Gobi rack and WARN rear bumper at the same time and I really had my fingers crossed that there would not be any issues and luckily there was not! WARN did a really good job in designing and engineering their rear bumper to have some similar fitment and lines of the OEM rear bumper, and the craftsmanship is top notch, so that definitely helped me luck out! I would say that since its going to be a long time until your Gobi order will even ship, and if there is a delay on the AEV bumper but that is what you really have your heart set on, then make sure the Gobi is ordered to fit the AEV bumper and install everything at the same time.

I will also say though, worst cast scenario, the mounting brackets for the rear of the Gobi rack are separate from the rest of the rack, so if things changed or it didn't fit, that is a pretty small piece to get replaced to make it work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suspension on our JL has now been 100% overhauled with the help of some high quality parts from both Synergy Mfg and FOX Factory racing.

We upgraded the Mopar 2'' Fox struts to a true aftermarket FOX 2.5" DSC external reservoir and fully adjustable shocks in all four corners of the JL. This has been a mind blowing change, making both on and off road performance light years beyond what the Mopar FOX kit offered. Being that the Mopar kit is still a factory provided and warrantied part, there is many limitations put on FOX with these shocks. However with an aftermarket kit, there is no limits. Fox spent A LOT of time tuning and engineering these shocks specifically for the JL platform to perform flawless off road. The external reservoirs allow you to adjust from fully stiff, to fully soft not only for high speed bumps, but also low speed bumps. These adjustments also allow you to tune the shocks to a super comfortable on road manner, which honestly out performs a completely stock JL. Another part of the FOX set up is their new ATS steering stabilizer for the JL that I can not express how much it improves the JL's sloppy steering input found straight from the factory.

Of course these new Fox shocks wouldn't be capable to maxing out their true potential without supporting suspension components, which is where Synergy Mfg comes in. Synergy has been the leader of Jeep suspension parts for decades, and really care about making the best products, not just profit off of many a Jeep sit higher. In fact, the suspension parts on our JL we have been waiting to get from Synergy for several months, and even these parts are the first production level parts, from their soon to be released 3'' lift, on any JL out there. The reason for the wait is that Synergy has been hard at work engineering, testing, tweaking, testing, and putting the miles and legendary Jeep trails on the odometer on their kit to truly get the maximum performance out of the JL platform. With this kit, comes front and rear adjustable track bars, front/rear upper and lower adjustable control arms, upgraded sway bar end links, front and rear springs, adjustable heavy duty toe and drag linkage, and everything else needed to completely swap out the oem parts with badass parts that will get you through any trail over and over again.

Photo Jul 05, 11 47 44 AM.jpg

Photo Jul 05, 11 47 16 AM.jpg

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
So a couple weeks ago we launched our new Analog HD and upgraded our JL with a set. Also lots of new parts have been installed recently including:

Goose Gear JL Plate System

Dometic CFX40 Fridge

BOSS Strong Box drawer system

KC HiLites Pro 6 light bar

KC HiLites rear chase bar

KC HiLites side flood lights

Synergy 3'' lift kit

Fox Factory Race series DSC adjustable shocks

WARN Elite front bumper with bull bar

IMG_5159.jpeg

6M7A1560.jpg

6M7A2152.jpg

IMG_5161.jpeg

6M7A0925 copy.jpg

6M7A2178.jpg

You have the multilight set up for the gobi rack right? What brackets are you using for your KC lights? I can see you have the ones on the side and one on the middle to hold it. The only one I can find that has brackets included in it are the Universal Combo LED bar.

https://www.kchilites.com/light-typ...t-50-universal-combo-led-light-bar-91308.html

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have the multilight set up for the gobi rack right? What brackets are you using for your KC lights? I can see you have the ones on the side and one on the middle to hold it. The only one I can find that has brackets included in it are the Universal Combo LED bar.

https://www.kchilites.com/light-typ...t-50-universal-combo-led-light-bar-91308.html
The Pro6 light bar is mounted with the Gobi's 50'' light bar mount which is an option when ordering your JL Gobi rack. The side scene lights and rear chase bar are mounted using some tube mounts I found on amazon.

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
The Pro6 light bar is mounted with the Gobi's 50'' light bar mount which is an option when ordering your JL Gobi rack. The side scene lights and rear chase bar are mounted using some tube mounts I found on amazon.
Ahh, I got my rack second hand and didn't know they had a bracket since they don't have it listed on the website. I called them up and ordered one. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, I got my rack second hand and didn't know they had a bracket since they don't have it listed on the website. I called them up and ordered one. Thanks!
Awesome :) and no problem sir!

Ekoik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit Diesel
I LOOOOOVE this Jeep.

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post some pictures of the goose gear? We had one in our JK and really liked it. Curious how it looks for the JL and your thoughts on it.
I don't have any pictures of just the plate system in the JL. But as you probably know from past Goose Gear experience, the fit and finish is 10/10. I have a Boss Strong Box drawer system and Dometic Slider and CFX40 fridge bolted down to the Goose Gear plate which makes everything solid and secure. It is a great addition to your JL especially if you are putting a fridge and storage system in the back. Here is a photo of the set up before without the Goose Gear plate. I will get some photos this weekend with the Goose Gear plate.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 3.52.28 PM.png

Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I don't have any pictures of just the plate system in the JL. But as you probably know from past Goose Gear experience, the fit and finish is 10/10. I have a Boss Strong Box drawer system and Dometic Slider and CFX40 fridge bolted down to the Goose Gear plate which makes everything solid and secure. It is a great addition to your JL especially if you are putting a fridge and storage system in the back. Here is a photo of the set up before without the Goose Gear plate. I will get some photos this weekend with the Goose Gear plate.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 3.52.28 PM.png
Thank you! :D

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@fifteen52 , The dometic slide and fridge, does it fit in the jeep with the backseats up or does it need to be folded down. I am trying to take measurements and it seems awfully close. Thanks
It definitely fits both the Dometic Slider and the CFX40 no problem with the back seats up.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Love the Jeep. I’ll be using your jeep as my build template. I do have a sting grey rubicon with sky one touch. Now that Gobi has a rack that works with that top; the build is on!

Anyway. I love two wheels 1. Block Bronze Turbomac HDs and 2. Asphalt Black Analogs.

A few questions:

Any idea when the Bronze Turbomacs will be back in stock (5x5 fitment in 17’s)?

Two questions on the Analogs. 1) Does the black have some grey in it, or are they pure black? 2) What is the weight?

Cheers!

Ryan

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the Jeep. I’ll be using your jeep as my build template. I do have a sting grey rubicon with sky one touch. Now that Gobi has a rack that works with that top; the build is on!

Anyway. I love two wheels 1. Block Bronze Turbomac HDs and 2. Asphalt Black Analogs.

A few questions:

Any idea when the Bronze Turbomacs will be back in stock (5x5 fitment in 17’s)?

Two questions on the Analogs. 1) Does the black have some grey in it, or are they pure black? 2) What is the weight?

Cheers!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan!

We will have the Turbomac's back in stock mid October. I would definitely get a pre order in asap as these go fast!

The Asphalt Black Analogs are a Satin Black, no grey in them. They may look a little grey on our website due to the lighting from the studio. However they are the same black as the Turbomac HD or Traverse HD.

Weight on the Analogs? Only 27 lbs per wheel!!! With the weights of our HD wheels, you really feel the improved pick up speed, easier on the brakes, and better MPG when compared to OEM or any other aftermarket wheel. With everything done to my Jeep, I am still getting over 15mpg!

Let me know if you have any other questions Ryan. Cheers!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.