Sponsored

Fiat Diesel, lol don't do it.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I'm getting sick of these video things -everyone is just looking to increase their views for money. While I'm wary of the upcoming diesel, I'm sure there will be plenty of happy customers. However, I'm not watching this guy's video.
you wont be missing much, he pontifies the Toyota gods, talks in generalities and his schtick is geared toward clueless idiots who subscribe to CR. I ignore him when using Youtube, he is the STD of car channels on youtube, avoid at all costs.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, its 2020, engines are reliable!! Everyone said the 2.0T was going to grenade when driven and here they are... Happy 2.0T customer everywhere! The diesel is going to be the same if not better! I am going to get mine with a diesel as soon as i test drive one, hopefully it doesn't take to long for the dealerships to get them in!
I’ll have what he’s having...

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It’s a VM Motori diesel, which is owned by Fiat.
Phillip Morris owns Kraft, but american cheese is still nicotine free lol. Cars are global these days, so worrying about WHERE the part was designed will basically make you avoid all cars.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Phillip Morris owns Kraft, but american cheese is still nicotine free lol. Cars are global these days, so worrying about WHERE the part was designed will basically make you avoid all cars.
Not to mention, VM Motori is owned by FCA. By this line of “reasoning”, nothing under the FCA umbrella (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Alfa Romeo, Lancia etc) can be trusted. Maybe it’ll be trash, maybe it won’t...we’re about to find out!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Phillip Morris (actually, Altria) still owns Kraft? I thought that Altria spun out their majority interest in Kraft a decade ago.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Scotty is either the world's best troll or he's a complete fool - I'm leaning towards fool. The few vids i watched of his were classic click bait (think worse than facebook) and his shrill annoying voice induces an instant desire to choke him.

Reactions: VNT

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
If it's anything like the 3rd Gen 3.0 in the Ram 1500, I think it may be a winner. They've certainly had time to figure out some issues.

In the Ram they're actually pulling exhaust post-dpf for the EGR system. Super smart, lower pressure, no soot, less cooling required. Additionally it means more exhaust available to spool the turbo. I bet other manufacturers will be following suit (assuming it works out ha ha).

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
If it's anything like the 3rd Gen 3.0 in the Ram 1500, I think it may be a winner. They've certainly had time to figure out some issues.

In the Ram they're actually pulling exhaust post-dpf for the EGR system. Super smart, lower pressure, no soot, less cooling required. Additionally it means more exhaust available to spool the turbo. I bet other manufacturers will be following suit (assuming it works out ha ha).
They’re seriously the first company to pull exhaust gases post-DPF? Seems like a common sense move when EGRs have such a poor reliability track record, partially related to how filthy the systems get.

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
First time I've heard of it...

Not sure how it works. The way I understand it, drive pressure is usually higher than boost which is what allows EGR to work in the first place. Maybe they only use post-dpf exhaust at low boost, like cruise conditions? I have no idea...

AlexS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jkur
The best thing is once out of warranty get rid of all the EGR, DEF eco bullsheat. Like guys do with their Ram ecodiesels.

Reactions: VNT

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
The best thing is once out of warranty get rid of all the EGR, DEF eco bullsheat. Like guys do with their Ram ecodiesels.
Unfortunately it looks like the EPA is putting a hard stop for aftermarket to sell tunes and kits to delete emissions on diesels. PDI was already heavily fined (link below) and I have heard that GDE will no longer sell tunes to bypass emissions...The primary reason I was looking to buy a diesel was the potential power/reliability/mpg obtained by removing emissions and adding a tune. I'm a diesel nut but I don't think I will bite the bullet on it now...sucks because I have been wanting a diesel Wrangler for years. I will wait to see how everything plays out now.

Cheers

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw25Mw200l0KwYGxaA38CIA-&cshid=1573055125074

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
I have heard that GDE will no longer sell tunes to bypass emissions...
All ready done, everyone had to stop as of 9/16 I believe or they would be faced with stiff penalties.
Sponsored