Sponsored

Fiat Chrysler Fired A Warning Shot To Its Workers Over Coronavirus Work Stoppages

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
So what you’re really saying is the homely girl who took @KenPewPew also did the same thing to Paul McCartney? :swear:
Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
The smokers that worry about COVID crack me up the most.

Our governor who thinks he is a king in illinois just got beat down in court. He had no authority after the first 30 days. So as of now businesses can open to full capacity.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Trump 2020: "Just live with it."
Quarantines, by definition, are for people who are sick.
100% agree.

If only we knew of this back in November and could have put in place an effective test/quarantine/contact trace system. We could've squashed it before it even had a chance to get a foothold here, or at the worst quickly tracked it down and laid it low.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Sean K.
Yea, COVID-19 is really just a variation of a whole family of respiratory illnesses (including common cold I believe), and the virus particles that clump up to eventually form COVID-19 can become lots of infections in that coronavirus family.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt anyone thinks we are locking down ever again. But it is doubtful the economy is simply going to “reopen” as if nothing ever happened.

The Economist has been looking at China‘s reopening: while they have done a much better job containing the spread than we have —if we are to believe their numbers, their economy has only reopened 90%. While that sounds great, that represents a 10% contraction in economic activity. For reference, a normal recession represents a 2-3% contraction, so a 10% contraction is HUGE.

They are still looking at Europe’s reopening, but the fact that travel, tourism and hospitality remain highly restricted, suggests that their economies are not going to rebound to pre-pandemic levels any time soon.

Meanwhile, Texas, Florida, Arizona and California have put their reopening plans on hiatus.

The bottom line appears to be: while we chose to impose a milder lockdown than other countries, it may end up proving to linger for a longer period of time.

Last edited:

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
One thing i've seen again and again that makes me chuckle: I swear, some people really get off on the idea of forcing people to work a job.

Collective bargaining like this can work better if you have a better bargaining chip.

Quite frankly, FCA will have a problem if and only if they piss off all of the factory workers in the area. Until then, they can try to improve workplace conditions and/or raise their wages until their employees stop walking off the job. Or keep hiring more people.

I'm working from home - probably for the rest of the year - because my coworkers and I took a stand. We knew what was at stake and were willing to take the risk. That said, a lot of us do work that can be done anywhere. My team is actually more productive that way. We only go in to fix things when they need to be fixed in a physical manner. The benefit to working from home is that if one DOES need to go in the office, it's fairly empty, so it's safer.

Anyway, I respect other people taking a stand for what they believe in - whatever that is.

I do think that in this case, FCA will need to re-evaluate their plans if they're still having problem with employees refusing to work. It looked like they tried a little bit when I saw the video of the plastic shields being used lol. There's probably plenty of room for improvement. Including making sure employees use masks.

" People who think we can just shutdown until a vaccine is "ready" are being overly optimistic. "

While I agree, I also believe we shouldn't just act like the virus doesn't exist and "go back to normal". I think there should be a lot more emphasis on hygiene, social distancing, and wearing masks during high risk periods.

Like food places should have a sink right at the entrance for people to wash their hands - if not hand sanitizer. Places should kick people out for not washing their hands. We should be way stricter about people coming to work sick (and people shouldn't have to decide between coming to work with a flu and losing their job!)

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
If only we knew of this back in November and could have put in place an effective test/quarantine/contact trace system. We could've squashed it before it even had a chance to get a foothold here, or at the worst quickly tracked it down and laid it low.
Yeah, but we don't have an accurate picture to this day of what's going on. Between the media, medical organizations, and the government consistently lying about it, we the public are still largely in the dark here. It doesn't matter if you love or hate Trump, love or hate Fauci, love or hate the WHO or the CDC. None of these folks have been honest about it from the start.

Media trust has been at an historic all-time low over the past few years, but as soon as they started spoonfeeding the masses about COVID, everyone lapped it up.

I'm in the camp that this thing isn't killing nearly as many people as are being reported given how medical organizations across the country marked folks who died with COVID as a death from COVID, even if they died from something else. But again, who's to say that story is true, either? I mean, at what point do we refuse to wade through an endless pool of bullshit?

Anyway, I respect other people taking a stand for what they believe in - whatever that is.

While I agree, I also believe we shouldn't just act like the virus doesn't exist and "go back to normal". I think there should be a lot more emphasis on hygiene, social distancing, and wearing masks during high risk periods.
Unfortunately, most people don't know what they believe in. It has to be fed to them through news outlets and social media. If there is anything we've learned from this pandemic (and the riots for that matter) it's that most people still cannot think for themselves.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
One thing i've seen again and again that makes me chuckle: I swear, some people really get off on the idea of forcing people to work a job.

Collective bargaining like this can work better if you have a better bargaining chip.

Quite frankly, FCA will have a problem if and only if they piss off all of the factory workers in the area. Until then, they can try to improve workplace conditions and/or raise their wages until their employees stop walking off the job. Or keep hiring more people.

I'm working from home - probably for the rest of the year - because my coworkers and I took a stand. We knew what was at stake and were willing to take the risk. That said, a lot of us do work that can be done anywhere. My team is actually more productive that way. We only go in to fix things when they need to be fixed in a physical manner. The benefit to working from home is that if one DOES need to go in the office, it's fairly empty, so it's safer.

I do think that in this case, FCA will need to re-evaluate their plans if they're still having problem with employees refusing to work. It looked like they tried a little bit when I saw the video of the plastic shields being used lol. There's probably plenty of room for improvement. Including making sure employees use masks.

" People who think we can just shutdown until a vaccine is "ready" are being overly optimistic. "

Like food places should have a sink right at the entrance for people to wash their hands - if not hand sanitizer. Places should kick people out for not washing their hands. We should be way stricter about people coming to work sick (and people shouldn't have to decide between coming to work with a flu and losing their job!)
Indeed. Things has changed forever. Even how automakers treat their workers.

Sometime in the future, when this is all behind us, we will look back how we used to travel, crammed in those planes like sardines, with people coughing and sneezing all around us, with barely room to move and the lavatory air recycled through the entire cabin, and think “man, that was just gross!” And the same will be true of how we do many other things, including getting into a subway car, an elevator or an office space full of sick, sweaty, stinky people.
Sponsored