Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Hey all,

I’ve got a 2020 JLUR with a 3.5 Metalcloak Gamechanger with Rocksports currently. Great shock especially for the price.

I have about 17k miles on them now. Hard use on and off road. Starting to feel a difference in them. Not complaining it all, just looking at options!

I’m considering the MC 6 packs, but would like some real life long term jl daily driver reports/reviews.
The other shocks I’m considering are the Fox 2.5 adjustable resi and the Radflo 2.5 with adjustable resi. I can find the lengths for the fox 2.0 and not thrilled about losing a bit of droop with them over the Rocksports, but can’t find the compressed and extended lengths for the Radflos anywhere. @rustyshakelford did you ever measure the lengths on....your wife’s I believe it was?
Thanks in advance! In reality, I could replace these Rocksports every 20k miles and be happy and still come out ahead financially lol but it’s fun to try new things!

62BD80D7-FADC-4163-812C-9FBAB869ECFD.jpeg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I’ve got a 2020 JLUR with a 3.5 Metalcloak Gamechanger with Rocksports currently. Great shock especially for the price.

I have about 17k miles on them now. Hard use on and off road. Starting to feel a difference in them. Not complaining it all, just looking at options!

I’m considering the MC 6 packs, but would like some real life long term jl daily driver reports/reviews.
The other shocks I’m considering are the Fox 2.5 adjustable resi and the Radflo 2.5 with adjustable resi. I can find the lengths for the fox 2.0 and not thrilled about losing a bit of droop with them over the Rocksports, but can’t find the compressed and extended lengths for the Radflos anywhere. @rustyshakelford did you ever measure the lengths on....your wife’s I believe it was?
Thanks in advance! In reality, I could replace these Rocksports every 20k miles and be happy and still come out ahead financially lol but it’s fun to try new things!

62BD80D7-FADC-4163-812C-9FBAB869ECFD.jpeg
I’m running the Fox 2.5 for 6” lift on my 3.5 Xfactor. They’re a half inch longer than the rock sports, you won’t loose any droop. They’ve been great so far. ..........✌

Jeep Wrangler JL Few shock option questions....lengths etc...Fox and Radflow B7D98B34-E5DB-4D01-BC7B-82E27FD55414

OP
OP

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I’m running the Fox 2.5 for 6” lift on my 3.5 Xfactor. They’re a half inch longer than the rock sports, you won’t loose any droop. They’ve been great so far. ..........✌

Jeep Wrangler JL Few shock option questions....lengths etc...Fox and Radflow B7D98B34-E5DB-4D01-BC7B-82E27FD55414
Nice! How do they feel/drive on road?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! How do they feel/drive on road?
Really nice, I run them on 3 clicks on low speed and 1 click on high speed. For me that really works good on regular streets, and curvy roads. I’ll go up a couple clicks for long freeway drive.

My only nitpick is I wish I could go a click or two softer off-road. But I got mine off the shelf and it’s not bad enough to warrant sending them in at this point. When they’re do for service I’ll probably have them tuned. If you get them from @AccuTune Offroad they’ll tune them to your needs.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know of and wheeled with one person running the 6 pack and I bought a set soon after. For the price you really cant beat the 6 packs, for shock travel and performance. Anything else is a compromise and/or more money. I heard/read the issue of them leaking but found out they changed to a custom seal vs generic which seems to fix that problem.

Sponsored

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
Really nice, I run them on 3 clicks on low speed and 1 click on high speed. For me that really works good on regular streets, and curvy roads. I’ll go up a couple clicks for long freeway drive.

My only nitpick is I wish I could go a click or two softer off-road. But I got mine off the shelf and it’s not bad enough to warrant sending them in at this point. When they’re do for service I’ll probably have them tuned. If you get them from @AccuTune Offroad they’ll tune them to your needs.
What do you have for front bump stops? The factory bumps with my rk 3.5 lift and fox 2.0 for 6" lift are a little short. They compress but not enough to take the full load off the shock at full stuff. I don't really want to add to the lower stops (if i can help it)because I'm limiting up travel. I know it's a give and take. I know i could swap to fox specific bumps, or raise the upper mount of the shock. The upper shock mount route appeals to me but nobody has done it yet.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What do you have for front bump stops? The factory bumps with my rk 3.5 lift and fox 2.0 for 6" lift are a little short. They compress but not enough to take the full load off the shock at full stuff. I don't really want to add to the lower stops (if i can help it)because I'm limiting up travel. I know it's a give and take. I know i could swap to fox specific bumps, or raise the upper mount of the shock. The upper shock mount route appeals to me but nobody has done it yet.
I have factory upper , and running 3 pucks. I still have about 5” up travel, but droop benefits me more. We don’t bomb through the desert, lol. I’m probably gonna go to 2 pucks, my bumps don’t hit square, it hits about half way on. Thank goodness for the bump on the shock, lol.

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
That's what i have 3 pucks. Have about 4.25-4.5" of travel. The shock collapses fully before the bump is fully collapsed. I don't want to damage the shock. That's my worry

OP
OP

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
That's what i have 3 pucks. Have about 4.25-4.5" of travel. The shock collapses fully before the bump is fully collapsed. I don't want to damage the shock. That's my worry
that’s how I’ll be running any shock I put on mine with current setup.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We have to be a little more careful running the longer shocks. Up travel is gonna suffer. We running socks that should be paired with 4.5” springs , so with our 3.5” we’re loosing an inch at least just by bolting then on, lol.

Sponsored

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
We have to be a little more careful running the longer shocks. Up travel is gonna suffer. We running socks that should be paired with 4.5” springs , so with our 3.5” we’re loosing an inch at least just by bolting then on, lol.
Yep. I know. I wish there was an upper mount relocation an inch or so up, so i could see how i liked it. Obviously I'd lose an inch of down. It's a love/hate situation lol