Fender swap have sport and want Rubi

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I’ve looked and I know there are places here that state you can put rubicon fenders on a sport but I am looking for anyone that has actually done it to confirm. The dealer states I can buy rubicon fenders but cannot return, all sales final so I want to hear from people that have done this since I have already purchased the LED with DRLS then found out they don’t fit in my sport fenders...

Please let me know or post a link to a comment/thread where someone states this so I can spend more money but with confidence. :)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’ve not found anyone say they did not fit. There’s videos on YouTube of it if you look thoroughly. It’s the same body. I think the new ones even come with all the clips you’re going to need as you will likely end up breaking a few getting the stock fenders off.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I have ordered the LED fenders and they should be in tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I did this and the fenders fit just fine. The only thing is you will need a programmer to get the LED lights to work properly.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fender swap have sport and want Rubi 20200506_165613
10-4 on the programmer, already have the Tazed so no issues there. I’ll place the order tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies!

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I just hope it does not make my tires look too small. I have the 2in Synergy lift and 35s. I am not ready to go to 37s yet.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I can tell you it Will make your tires look small! On my Sport with Rubicon Flares and tires/wheels they were tucked into the fender well pretty far. I got a set of spacers and it looks great now.
Gregj

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I can tell you it Will make your tires look small! On my Sport with Rubicon Flares and tires/wheels they were tucked into the fender well pretty far. I got a set of spacers and it looks great now.
Gregj
Do you have pictures? What offset wheels are you running?

OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Gregj
Are you running the high rise fenders? I am getting direct replacements and already have larger wheels and tires than factory. I too would like to see pictures.

Sponsored

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
Do you have pictures? What offset wheels are you running?
Are you running the high rise fenders? I am getting direct replacements and already have larger wheels and tires than factory. I too would like to see pictures.
I have a Rubicon suspension and fenders on mine running factory wheels with 34.5" tires.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fender swap have sport and want Rubi 20200121_172042

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I’m running stock Rubi suspension, wheels and tires for now. Stock narrow axles will tuck the tires in without spacers.

Gregj
Sponsored